PDA

View Full Version : din's curse wont let me inter CD key.

wooaa
06-21-2010, 01:02 AM
i just bought the game through macgamestore.com but when i try to start the game it go's to the screen where you can enter the cd key, but the keyboard wont respond, i cant type in the coad. pleese help.

Roswitha
06-21-2010, 01:05 AM
i just bought the game through macgamestore.com but when i try to start the game it go's to the screen where you can enter the cd key, but the keyboard wont respond, i cant type in the coad. pleese help.

Have you tried copying and pasting?

You might also try unplugging and re-plugging your keyboard.

Shadow
06-21-2010, 02:01 PM
I have heard one other person that had a similar issue. After a few runs of the game, it worked correctly and let them input the key normally.

pescadote
09-07-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm also having this issue. Loved the demo. Bought & downloaded full game direct from Soldak / BMT. Install went OK. Launced Din's Curse and was greeted with the license string dialog. Copied and pasted the looong key string and clicked OK. Din's Curse just quits. That's all. Solution? I'm itching to play.
Intel iMac (2009) running 10.6

Shadow
09-07-2010, 02:35 PM
You could try to update to the latest build from our patch page (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Patches.html) and try again.

pescadote
09-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Running the patch fixed things. Thanks,

Colonel Blimp
09-09-2010, 02:06 AM
I encountered the same issue as the OP. Neither typing nor pasting would allow me to enter the serial number until I clicked on the window.

(I don't recall where on the window I clicked, whether it was on the title bar or merely outside of the text field, but I seem to recall that clicking on the text field itself did not work.)

It was very confusing, because the window appeared to be in the foreground the whole time: the title bar was dark grey with a gradient and with that rounded three-dimensional depth that indicates the frontmost window.

When I clicked on the window, only the text field changed its appearance to indicate that it had gained focus; the title bar's appearance remained unchanged.

I purchased the game directly from Soldak, not from Macgamestore.

I'm virtually certain I patched the game to version 1.006 before launching it for the first time.

Shadow
09-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Hmm, I'll go in and see if I can force the focus to the window.

Colonel Blimp
09-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Hmm, I'll go in and see if I can force the focus to the window.

Either that, or at least draw the window to look like a proper background window when it doesn't have focus (or both ;) ).