PDA

View Full Version : Invisible zombie roadblock

Roswitha
06-21-2010, 02:08 AM
I ran into the invisible zombie roadblock again (version 1.002) and while Save and Exit and Resume fixed the problem, it's still rather annoying. So how about something like this in the undead spawn routine:

IF tileset is the one with the twisty little passages
AND IF the player gets within a certain radius (including 0)
THEN spawn, whether you can see him or not.

It seems to happen mostly at intersections, too.

Shadow
06-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Were you stealthed or anything like that? Were you a much higher level than the monsters?

Roswitha
06-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Were you stealthed or anything like that? Were you a much higher level than the monsters?

I've got the monsters set for a level or two higher than I am, but I could easily have been stealthed. That character spends a lot of time in stealth mode.

Shadow
06-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Hmm, I thought I fixed the stealth issue, I guess I'll look at that again.

Caal
06-21-2010, 07:14 PM
It's not stealth. I had the same issue today, and the character I have doesn't have stealth available. I was a few levels above the monsters (it's a low level character), but I'm not sure how many.

Roswitha
06-21-2010, 10:53 PM
It's not stealth. I had the same issue today, and the character I have doesn't have stealth available. I was a few levels above the monsters (it's a low level character), but I'm not sure how many.

@Caal: Do you remember where the roadblock was?

Mine was at a T intersection, a step or two into the lower leg of the T.

Caal
06-22-2010, 12:30 AM
Not quite at a T, near the end of a curving narrow corridor. It was the reddish-brown rock tileset (if that helps).