PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to make enemies always drop their quest items?

Cockbite
03-05-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm really getting tired of spending five minutes finding the exact enemy I need only to have them drop nothing on death. Tornado Flare/Breach enemies stand out as being the most problematic.

Is it possible to increase the quest drops without increasing other drops?

Just to be clear quest items are things like Acanth Suckers, Schism Sensors, Tide Eggs, Tornado Eyes, etc.

Tyrax Lightning
03-05-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm really getting tired of spending five minutes finding the exact enemy I need only to have them drop nothing on death. Tornado Flare/Breach enemies stand out as being the most problematic.

Just to be clear quest items are things like Acanth Suckers, Schism Sensors, Tide Eggs, Tornado Eyes, etc.
Agreed. It's also annoying to get a quest to defeat a certain Monster, like a Female Bashing Tide, & then fly around the 'Suggested System' for the Monster for over 30 minutes, while NEVER finding that Monster at all, then having a Quest Fail Message pop up on that Quest... Thank goodness this at least seems to be rare... but still annoying when it happens... :mad:

Shadow
03-05-2013, 06:15 PM

Sure just increase QuestItemDropChance in the appropriate entry in MonsterArchetypes.gdb.

PixelLord
03-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Sure just increase QuestItemDropChance in the appropriate entry in MonsterArchetypes.gdb.

That's what I want you to do. <wink, wink, nudge, nudge> :)

Excalibur Bane
03-05-2013, 06:29 PM
That's what I want you to do. <wink, wink, nudge, nudge> :)

YEAH! Bring us a new patch with some goodies. I'm itching to see some new stuff. :P

Cockbite
03-05-2013, 07:06 PM

Thanks for the info, Shadow.

Cockbite
03-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Agreed. It's also annoying to get a quest to defeat a certain Monster, like a Female Bashing Tide, & then fly around the 'Suggested System' for the Monster for over 30 minutes, while NEVER finding that Monster at all, then having a Quest Fail Message pop up on that Quest... Thank goodness this at least seems to be rare... but still annoying when it happens... :mad:

It almost seems like the game is programmed to swap enemy genders as soon as you get a gender specific quest. You'll kill a dozen or two Male Tornado Flares and then you accept a quest for Male Tornado Flare Eyes and suddenly every Tornado Flare you find is Female.

Tyrax Lightning
03-06-2013, 04:45 AM
It almost seems like the game is programmed to swap enemy genders as soon as you get a gender specific quest. You'll kill a dozen or two Male Tornado Flares and then you accept a quest for Male Tornado Flare Eyes and suddenly every Tornado Flare you find is Female.
There's times when it feels like that... :(

Shadow
03-06-2013, 10:14 AM
The game doesn't purposely screw you. That's just random numbers for you, well that and normal human pattern matching. :)

LostSoul
03-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Is this not similar to the incomprehensible mystery of boars not having spleens or bears not having intestines? Cause I'm blaming aliens for that and ... wait these are aliens. Mystery solved?