PDA

View Full Version : Invisible target

pieciax
03-06-2013, 04:09 PM
How to detect them? They keep hitting me very heavy, and i cannot detect or kill those ships? What kind of eqiupment helps with that?

Shadow
03-06-2013, 08:07 PM
You pretty much just need to get close to them.

ScrObot
03-06-2013, 09:11 PM
You can also hit them with bombs (and possibly other types of weapons), even when they're cloaked.

Tyrax Lightning
03-08-2013, 12:56 AM
Fighters can see through Cloak & fire on them too, so look where they're shooting to help ya to determine how to get close enough to see'em, then keep them locked on if your using Computer Weapons, like Missiles, & keep that Left Mouse Button depressed, then the attacks can continue to hit them even if they get recloaked. :)

darksilver
03-08-2013, 04:12 AM
What if ships with invisibility couldn't hide, say, in next 10 seconds after being damaged?
And yes, i suppose we all in dire need of some sort of invis.scanner in light/mid slot, cuz it takes forever to find a quest boss with invisibility on :mad:

lammaer
03-08-2013, 04:21 AM
Mines also work charm on invisible opponents. I just drop one or two and start to circle around them... soon the invisible enemy just dies :)

Of course this is just for average mobs, and invisible boss would be a pain in ass - I consider myself lucky I got no thing like that.

Tyrax Lightning
03-08-2013, 03:16 PM
What if ships with invisibility couldn't hide, say, in next 10 seconds after being damaged?
And yes, i suppose we all in dire need of some sort of invis.scanner in light/mid slot, cuz it takes forever to find a quest boss with invisibility on :mad:
Fighters help... but not all Ships are gonna use'em...

Maybe the Radar Stat could be tweaked to be a help with this situation...? I've heard unconfirmed info that it's more than a little underpowered & unworth boosting... I would think it would make sense for Radar & Cloaking to fight against each other just like how Attack & Defense fight against each other if ya know what I mean. :D

I think powering up the existing Radar power is a lot more viable an idea than adding more Medium Components to the game, when just about all Ship Specs in the game already always hurt for Medium Slots already as is... ;)

darksilver
03-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Maybe the Radar Stat could be tweaked to be a help with this situation...? I've heard unconfirmed info that it's more than a little underpowered & unworth boosting... I would think it would make sense for Radar & Cloaking to fight against each other just like how Attack & Defense fight against each other if ya know what I mean. :D
I think powering up the existing Radar power is a lot more viable an idea than adding more Medium Components to the game, when just about all Ship Specs in the game already always hurt for Medium Slots already as is... ;)

Atm i'm trying to set balance between attack, damage, defense, structure, armor, shields, add up power load and speed... the last thing i wanna hear "hey, you missed Radar in equation!" :eek: And i prefer to be sure i do see an invisible foe rather than being unaware due to low radar stack. We don't need a brand new component, sure, but tweaking an existing one could be an answer - computers, for example, or battle scanners. Btw it'd even raise a popularity of that kind of stuff, afaik it's mostly ignored.

Tyrax Lightning
03-09-2013, 12:35 AM
Atm i'm trying to set balance between attack, damage, defense, structure, armor, shields, add up power load and speed... the last thing i wanna hear "hey, you missed Radar in equation!" :eek: And i prefer to be sure i do see an invisible foe rather than being unaware due to low radar stack. We don't need a brand new component, sure, but tweaking an existing one could be an answer - computers, for example, or battle scanners. Btw it'd even raise a popularity of that kind of stuff, afaik it's mostly ignored.
I wouldn't mind rolling +Radar into existing Components, like Computers & Sensors either... then we wouldn't need actual Radar Components themselves anymore. :D

Medium Slots really are overworked... :(

darksilver
03-09-2013, 02:39 AM
I wouldn't mind rolling +Radar into existing Components, like Computers & Sensors either... then we wouldn't need actual Radar Components themselves anymore. :D

Imagine nao.... a computer with 200 atk 200 def 50 radar (with BIG green plus) considered better than 500 atk 500 def 49 radar :D :p
Btw if their "see invisible" ability could be turned on/off for the cost, say, 10 energy/sec (smth like an aura) --or-- "see invisible" 10 sec for 100 energy - seems smart and fair :cool: