PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is a smokescreen suposed to do?

Cockbite
03-07-2013, 02:05 AM
I found this but I don't know what it's supposed do do. Using it creates a stationary cloud of smoke (who would've thought :p), but I'm not sure how that is useful.

http://s10.postimage.org/f41sl0yh5/ss0000.jpg

Valgor
03-07-2013, 05:28 AM
I think it's supposed to distract incoming missiles, but don't know for sure since I've never used one before.

Shadow
03-07-2013, 01:38 PM
It debuffs any enemies within the cloud with negative attack and defense.

Tyrax Lightning
03-07-2013, 04:20 PM
I've said it before, & i'll say it again: We need more info in our Item Descriptions, even if a 'Advanced Info' Button has to be made, or something...

Shadow
03-07-2013, 04:27 PM
I've said it before, & i'll say it again: We need more info in our Item Descriptions, even if a 'Advanced Info' Button has to be made, or something...

I agree. Just as an aside that one's pretty complicated. :) Implementation wise it's a skill that spawns a monster that has an aura that adds a status effect to any enemies within range.

Siveria
03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Hmm you could extend it under where it says what level thing it creates have it say "Creates an Aoe debuff aura -xxx attack -xxx defense"

Also any plans to up the radius on stuff like offensive dampening field?

Cockbite
03-08-2013, 01:55 AM
It debuffs any enemies within the cloud with negative attack and defense.

Interesting, I suppose it could have some situational uses but I prefer my Power Virus/Freezer for debuffing.

lammaer
03-08-2013, 04:16 AM
Hehe... so far I never felt the need of debuffing. I prefer to kill the enemies, usually everything is just one or two salvos from the 2 rails I have ;) A good capacitor or a mine is better usage for that middle slot imo.

Tyrax Lightning
03-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Hehe... so far I never felt the need of debuffing. I prefer to kill the enemies, usually everything is just one or two salvos from the 2 rails I have ;) A good capacitor or a mine is better usage for that middle slot imo.
Some kinds of Bosses can be awfully sturdy & durable... & DAMN fast... ;)

Also, Bounty Hunters are always sick puppies that should NEVER be underestimated, especially that rare instance when 2 might jump ya at once... :eek:

darksilver
03-08-2013, 11:52 PM
EMP weapon works perfect as a debuff and does some AOE damage and can destroy missiles. Seems way better than smokescreen. Debuff itself is extremely good if you miss a lot or your foe is too tough, so imho don't leave docks without EMP :D

Tyrax Lightning
03-09-2013, 12:33 AM
EMP weapon works perfect as a debuff and does some AOE damage and can destroy missiles. Seems way better than smokescreen. Debuff itself is extremely good if you miss a lot or your foe is too tough, so imho don't leave docks without EMP :D
I can't help but to laugh at the irony that the EMP Debuffs Defense, yet seems to itself be a non-Hit Roll Weapon. :p Well... I guess it could synergize with Fighters...