PDA

View Full Version : Bug Thread

Dahl77
06-24-2010, 07:17 AM
I think it would be easier for Shadow if we collected all the reported bugs in 1 thread. So I suggest everyone who has made a bug thread write their bug in this thread and I will make an updated list in this post.

-Updated june 25th 2010-

- Din's Curse v1.002 - Multiple "Find Plans" quests on the same dungeon floor

It is impossible to complete multiple identical "Find Plans" quests on the same dungeon floor in one go.
After solving one of them by picking up a Secret Plans item, trying to pick up any other Secret Plans to solve the next one always results in a "Already have all we need!" message until you travel back to town to cash in the already solved quest.

- Resuming a game in town on multiplayer often shows all nearby townsfolk to have taken a health hit (their health bars all show with a chunk taken out).

Frost Nova does not affect doors.

- "I Hear X is selling X item at the moment" is bugged, often they don't sell the named item.

Valgor
06-24-2010, 09:16 AM
First bug for this thread :

Din's Curse v1.002 - Multiple "Find Plans" quests on the same dungeon floor

It is impossible to complete multiple identical "Find Plans" quests on the same dungeon floor in one go.
After solving one of them by picking up a Secret Plans item, trying to pick up any other Secret Plans to solve the next one always results in a "Already have all we need!" message until you travel back to town to cash in the already solved quest.

Dahl77
06-24-2010, 11:10 AM
First post updated with reported bug.

Aet
06-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Resuming a game in town on multiplayer often shows all nearby townsfolk to have taken a health hit (their health bars all show with a chunk taken out).

Frost Nova does not affect doors.

Valgor
06-25-2010, 08:56 AM
- "I Hear X is selling X item at the moment" is bugged, often they don't sell the named item.

You'll just have to wait a bit, sometimes the item in question will turn up for sale a few minutes after someone mentions it.

By the way, why not have a "Rumors" or "Gossip" talk option that has the NPC specifically talking about such things...
That way, one wouldn't have to click the "Talk" button endlessly in hopes that the important piece of information will eventually turn up again... because most of the time, it won't.

Roswitha
06-26-2010, 02:15 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

If you have a quest to scout a certain level, and you fall down to it, it doesn't complete the quest. Apparently you have to use a gate or a staircase.

DeathKnight1728
07-06-2010, 01:03 PM
I have noticed that after I put points into a mastery for the magic disciplines (ice, fire, lightning), that it wont show up under the skills that it boosts. I dont know if this is the way it is supposed to be, but it would help if it was shown since the masteries for melee and ranged are shown.

TheRani
07-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Whenever I get multiple Find Plans quests for a single dungeon level, usually there will be two different types of item I'm looking for. One may be Plans, and the other may be Secret Document.

Roswitha
07-09-2010, 01:45 AM
I'm playing a level 75 weaponmaster/trickster.

For the past two towns, I saved the town, started a new town and discovered that I had somehow lost 20 gold pieces. I had 70 something, then 50 something, and now I'm down to 30 something gold. Anybody know what might be causing this? Or how to get my gold back?

JSMany
07-10-2010, 09:17 AM

For the past two towns, I saved the town, started a new town and discovered that I had somehow lost 20 gold pieces. I had 70 something, then 50 something, and now I'm down to 30 something gold. Anybody know what might be causing this? Or how to get my gold back?

I doubt this is it, but could it be the tax rate on systems.gdb?

If that's true, now that you somehow managed to save their ungrateful hides, they expressed their gratitude by taxing the hell out of you.

Roswitha
07-11-2010, 02:28 AM
I doubt this is it, but could it be the tax rate on systems.gdb?

If that's true, now that you somehow managed to save their ungrateful hides, they expressed their gratitude by taxing the hell out of you.

I may never know what caused it, but at least it seems to have stopped.

Another bug.

I collected a relic for a townsperson, turned it in and it said "Solved Lost Relic quest". The townsperson promptly went renegade and it said "Failed Lost Relic quest" and "Failed Find 5 Geodes quest". I can understand the Geode quest (IMO it should be obsolete, rather than failed) but how can I fail a quest that I just solved?

Any time frame for the next patch?

demoss
07-11-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm not completely sure if this is a bug, but I spotted an Ice Elemental slipping on its own ice. Must suck to be so slippery. ;)

I also can confirm the Solved + Failed quest bug.

Screenshots available for both of these if needed.

Shadow
07-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Any time frame for the next patch?

I'm hoping to release a new patch this week.

Valgor
07-13-2010, 04:54 AM
Excellent news! Is the new perspective view in, or will we have to wait until the expansion?

Shadow
07-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Excellent news! Is the new perspective view in, or will we have to wait until the expansion?

I haven't completely decided but it might.

Roswitha
07-13-2010, 11:45 AM

May I ask what the new perspective view is?

Shadow
07-13-2010, 02:01 PM
May I ask what the new perspective view is?

Perspective mode basically means things get smaller in the distance. It looks more realistic and is better at showing depth. Unfortunately it is slower because it draws more on average.

Pheelon
07-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Couple of issues i've had playing the last few days (lv 57 ranger now)

Some Masterys don't seem to do anthing
Druid - points in Earth Mastery didn't reduce any mana costs for skills in the list and neiter alter their effect
Most weapons that are availible as Elite and Artifact were way better as Elite than as Artifact (mostly dps was higher).
Some Skill combos can be way overpowerd imo - my lv 57 Ranger 1-hits about anything below Elite/Boss Level (and that in a lv 70 game)
Crit Hit ftw... ~1.5-2.5k average /o\
The Distribution of the Large Reward Chests for Reaching Freedom/Champion/Elite seems to be a bit messed up - in my first Champion Game at lv 25 i got Chest for becoming a Champion (+ the Title behind my name) + in my 1. game in Elite (Lv 52 in a lv 60 game) i got a Freed and a Champion Chest right after one another (+ Elite Title)
Ranger Skill Exploding Arrow is good at th beginning but it doesn't get any benefits from any Hit Modifiers (Crit/Crushing/D-wounds) - i ended up abondoning the skill at ~ char lv 40(had like lv10 in it) and using a lv 3 Multishoot most of the time just yielded ~5 x the damage

and here my char too (if it matters):

LyandriaLevel 57 Ranger (Din's Elite)Stats

Health: 1063 / 1063
Mana: 722 / 722

Attack: 1441
Defense: 1003
Armor: 438

Damage: 171 - 350
Dps: 260.5

Reputation Level: 13

Money: 32GP 73SP 89CP

Attributes

Strength: 204
Dexterity: 169
Vitality: 167
Intelligence: 166
Spirit: 146

Points Left: 0

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 56
Cold Resistance: 69
Poison Resistance: 70
Lightning Resistance: 64
Magic Resistance: 29

Skills

Eagle Eye lvl 8
Multishot lvl 6
Bow Mastery lvl 11
Dodge lvl 6
Fast Draw lvl 5
Serrated Arrow lvl 14
Light Touch lvl 2
Barkskin lvl 2
Strength of Stone lvl 6
Earth Link lvl 2

Points Left: 2

Equipment

Sacred Flax Hood of Understanding
Rarity: Uncommon Basic Type: Cloth
Durability 75 / 75
35 armor
+12 Strength
+12 Dexterity
+12 Vitality
+28 Intelligence
+12 Spirit
+5% armor
Requires level 50
Requires armor skill: Cloth
Sell value: 16SP 50CP
Retail value: 3GP 30SP 5CP

Nequam's Amulet
Necklace
Rarity: Artifact
+12 Vitality
+8 Intelligence
+22 Spirit
+23 Lightning Resistance
+62 Perception
Requires level 38
Sell value: 24SP 41CP
Retail value: 4GP 88SP 35CP

Ogre Hide Pauldron
Rarity: Rare Basic Type: Leather
Durability 76 / 76
52 armor
+10 Strength
+10 Dexterity
+10 Vitality
+10 Intelligence
+10 Spirit
+24 Light Intensity
+8% armor
8.7% chance to cast level 14 Haste when hit
Requires level 56
Requires armor skill: Leather
Sell value: 17SP 10CP
Retail value: 3GP 42SP 15CP

Thick Cloth Shawl
Rarity: Rare Basic Type: Cape
Durability 33 / 33
12 armor
+8 Strength
+8 Dexterity
+8 Vitality
+8 Intelligence
+8 Spirit
+82 Attack
+8% armor
3.3% chance to cast level 5 Petrify when hit
Requires level 16
Requires skill: Cape
Sell value: 6SP 45CP
Retail value: 1GP 29SP 11CP

Transcendent Cured Leather Tunic
Rarity: Common Basic Type: Leather
Durability 50 / 50
54 armor
+13 Strength
+13 Dexterity
+13 Vitality
+13 Intelligence
+13 Spirit
+3% armor
Requires level 36
Sell value: 14SP 95CP
Retail value: 2GP 99SP 18CP

Rawhide Bracers
Rarity: Very Rare Basic Type: Leather
Durability 12 / 40
40 armor
Obsidian: +50% armor bonus, can't be repaired
+8 Strength
+8 Dexterity
+8 Vitality
+8 Intelligence
+22 Spirit
+168% armor
Requires level 31
Sell value: 9SP 96CP
Retail value: 1GP 99SP 24CP

Honorable Hard Leather Gloves of Determination
Rarity: Uncommon Basic Type: Leather
Durability 22 / 22
14 armor
+5 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+5 Vitality
+5 Intelligence
+5 Spirit
+4 Max Stamina
+5% armor
Requires level 10
Sell value: 3SP 44CP
Retail value: 42SP 3CP

Transcendent Serpentskin Girdle of Intensity
Rarity: Uncommon Basic Type: Leather
Durability 69 / 69
17 armor
+13 Strength
+13 Dexterity
+13 Vitality
+13 Intelligence
+13 Spirit
+78 Maximum Mana
+5% armor
Requires level 50
Sell value: 17SP 31CP
Retail value: 3GP 46SP 24CP

Transcendent Flax Leggings of Core
Rarity: Uncommon Basic Type: Cloth
Durability 49 / 49
30 armor
+10 Strength
+10 Dexterity
+10 Vitality
+10 Intelligence
+10 Spirit
+86 Max Health
+5% armor
Requires level 46
Requires armor skill: Cloth
Sell value: 14SP 30CP
Retail value: 2GP 86SP 18CP

Assassin Boots
Reinforced Leather Boots
Rarity: Artifact Basic Type: Leather
Durability 56 / 56
148 armor
+8 Vitality
+8 Defense
+270 Attack
+27 Fire Resistance
+270% armor
Requires level 47
Sell value: 11SP 94CP
Retail value: 2GP 38SP 89CP

Fryse's White Ring
Ring
Rarity: Elite
+4 Dexterity
+12 Cold Resistance
+14 Light Intensity
+13% Weapon Speed
7.5% chance to cast level 3 Ice Storm on successful hit
Requires level 26
Sell value: 3SP 88CP
Retail value: 33SP 42CP

Fryse's Blue Ring
Ring
Rarity: Artifact
+6 Dexterity
+3 Intelligence
+28 Cold Resistance
+9 Light Intensity
+150% Critical Hit
+150% Magic Critical Hit
Requires level 26
Sell value: 5SP 9CP
Retail value: 1GP 1SP 83CP

Garrip's Charm
Jewelry
+10 Strength
+0.8 Health Regen
+12 Poison Resistance
+12 Lightning Resistance
+110% Crushing Blow
+110% Magic Crushing Blow
Requires level 28
Sell value: 5SP 63CP
Retail value: 1GP 12SP 61CP

Garrip's Stone
Jewelry
36 armor
+10 Strength
+36 Armor
+61 Max Health
+19 Poison Resistance
+40% Stunning Blow
Requires level 37
Sell value: 16SP 84CP
Retail value: 3GP 36SP 99CP

Deep Rage
Longbow
Rarity: Elite Basic Type: Bow
Durability 43 / 44
Two-handed
45 to 90 Damage Speed 1.00
67.5 damage per second
+8 Vitality
+9 Spirit
+7 Min Damage
+7 Max Damage
+8 Mana Regen
+98% damage
Requires 86 Strength
Requires 129 Dexterity
Requires weapon skill: Bow
Sell value: 10SP 61CP
Retail value: 2GP 15SP 81CP

Fun stats

Kills: 12869
Deaths: 67
Kills Per Death: 192

Gold Found: 33GP 65SP 54CP
Time Played: 1d 4h 51m 48s
Max Damage Dealt: 3074
Max Damage Taken: 1020
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 4278
Max Health Healed: 1562

Best Trap Disarmed: lvl 0

Strongest Monster Defeated: Lost Soul Champion (Lvl 70)
Toughest Battle Won: Soulshock (Lvl 60) at Lvl 52
Strongest Monster Killed By: Irontooth (Lvl 61)
Weakest Monster Killed By: Goblin Fire Thrower (Lvl 30)

Quests Solved: 411

Equipment Worth: 35GP 2SP 8CP
Inventory Worth: 171GP 23SP 55CP

Secrets Found: 27

Towns Saved: 11
Towns Abandoned: 0
Towns Lost: 1

Din's Curse / Soldak Entertainment (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Overview.html)

Valgor
07-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Most weapons that are available as Elite and Artifact were way better as Elite than as Artifact (mostly dps was higher).

Well, that depends... of course the Elite version has better damage or defense than an Artifact version of the same item you found earlier on, i.e. when your character was of a lower level.
I think even the dungeon level you found it on has some influence on the quality of the item... though I might be mistaken.

Besides, every "Unique" item in the game has Elite, Artifact and Legendary versions, except items in a set.

Roswitha
07-14-2010, 03:32 PM
I ran across a boss called Eyes= (a protector). Is that really his name?

Shadow
07-14-2010, 05:36 PM
I ran across a boss called Eyes= (a protector). Is that really his name?

With or without the =? There is someone named Eyes.

Roswitha
07-14-2010, 10:28 PM
With or without the =? There is someone named Eyes.

With the =.

Roswitha
07-15-2010, 12:59 AM

I may never know what caused it, but at least it seems to have stopped.

Dang. It started up again. I'm down to 13 gold. I think this time it happened when I started a multiplayer game. I've entered the Legendary difficulty level. Could that have anything to do with it?

Roswitha
07-17-2010, 02:50 AM
I was working on a quest to clear the path for a Weaponsmith and was down to 2 monsters left. I went into a room, killed an elite named Grim and an undead Dire Wolf and was down to 1 monster left. Grim didn't count as a monster. (Turns out he had killed somebody and I had to report to the ghost.) Is this a bug or a feature?

timeh
07-17-2010, 11:46 AM
@Roswitha

I've killed Eyes, but can't remember if there was = on the end or not.

Do you lose gold EVERY time, or just after you've saved a town?

I think you need to kill X normal monsters... boss types don't count. Just wait around town for a minute or two and something will respawn. :)

fab
07-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Minor:

QuestTextWarAgainstBarbarians3 "Someday our enemies will realize that they are puny compared to the us.

Caal
07-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Version 1.003 - Scroll bars on the map screen appear not to be working.

Shining Soldier
07-30-2010, 04:09 AM
I had just saved the town and there was one quest left so I decided to run back into the dungeon to finish it off cleanly and while I was in there a monster was sent to town, by whom is beyond me, and they killed everyone and then it said that I failed the town and made me create a new world.

Another bug I ran across was I was supposed to prevent two monsters from meeting and also from escaping. I killed one of them and then 30 seconds later, it said I failed the quest because the other monster escaped. 30 seconds after that when I rounded the next corner, there he was. I killed him, but nothing came of it. The mission was still failed.

Wakuseino
08-09-2010, 05:22 PM
So, I've been playing as a necromancer, and I have had a lot of fun with the Raise Dead spell, though I've noticed some... interesting effects when raising undead.

A zombie killed one of my zombies, causing it to return from the dead as a zombie... zombie. A raised Revenant died and became an Undead Revenant, to be precise.

I find this hilarious, but at the same time, I guess I should probably report it as a bug, just in case it wasn't intentional.

Shadow
08-09-2010, 06:00 PM
A zombie killed one of my zombies, causing it to return from the dead as a zombie... zombie. A raised Revenant died and became an Undead Revenant, to be precise.

I find this hilarious, but at the same time, I guess I should probably report it as a bug, just in case it wasn't intentional.

I know about it, it's one of those amusing things that doesn't really hurt anything so I haven't bothered to do anything about it.

DeathKnight1728
08-13-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm not sure if this works or not, but I ramped up the skill Curse of Pain with a warlock hybrid-The skill with lowering attack speed. I got it up to like 5 points where it was at 50% slow attack speed and it doesnt seem like it slows things down. I noticed more slow with the cold attacks of an icemage than with the warlock's curse of pain. Just thought i'd mention this as i have had to go to Curse of enfeeblement instead, which seemed like it might work better.

Shadow
08-13-2010, 03:06 PM
It looks like it is working. It pretty much just increases the time between attacks for the monsters. It probably does nothing to casters though.

DeathKnight1728
08-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Oh, so it doesnt actually decrease the attack speed when they swing, just the interval between swings?

Shadow
08-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Oh, so it doesnt actually decrease the attack speed when they swing, just the interval between swings?

That is correct.

goodknife
08-16-2010, 04:09 AM
my character is highbrid with the same specialties. I found that reuse time of the same skill from 2 skill tree shows up with wrong result.

when using the first skill, reuse time shows normally. But as soon as I use the second skill, reuse time of the second skill shows in the icon of the first skill.

Then I have no idea when will the first skill's reuse time finish.

ps. sorry for my bad english i'm asian. :(

Bak
08-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Three things I've noticed.

1) My char was in town during a nighttime rainfall, and I paused that game. Everything froze (rain drops included)... except the shadows of the trees were still swaying. The tree tops were still moving (including the ones rendered almost transparent).

I actually like this one, as it makes things kind of creepy. :D
If everything is frozen, why are the shadows still moving? :eek:

2) The thief gets exp for disarming traps. That's fine.
I keep a weapon with fire damage, for clearing out barrels and opening stuck doors. Easier to bash once and let it burn down, instead of hacking away.

I noticed on one occasion that my thief had to bash four times to get the fire going. The first three times, I think my thief "disarmed" the fire. And got full exp for each of those three hits! (+500 exp times 3 = 1500!)

As much as I like this, definitely abusable, to get exp for stopping my characters pyromaniac actions.

3) Statues work for life steal (gained health from attacking it) and quest item drops (got a orc shaman ear from one). Probably shouldn't?

timeh
08-19-2010, 11:09 AM
the tooltip for the default backpack says 12 items max instead of 16

DeathKnight1728
08-19-2010, 10:30 PM
I have been looking around for a unique monster in this particular world for over 2 hours. I have zipped it up as I can't find it. Maybe it is a bug, I dont know. Then another unique showed up, and i couldnt find him either.

Roswitha
08-20-2010, 01:05 PM
I have been looking around for a unique monster in this particular world for over 2 hours. I have zipped it up as I can't find it. Maybe it is a bug, I dont know. Then another unique showed up, and i couldnt find him either.

There's a secret door to the left of the staircase to level 2. Blightagony was behind it. Tormentor was wandering at the very north of the dungeon. Three more unique monsters showed up as I was playing. :eek:

timeh
08-20-2010, 01:33 PM
lifesteal works on caveins and totems but not chests and crates, seems odd

if you press C after clicking "other stats" on the character screen, C becomes a toggle between the main stats page and the other stats page instead of closing the window

Shadow
08-23-2010, 12:08 PM
I actually like this one, as it makes things kind of creepy. :D
If everything is frozen, why are the shadows still moving? :eek:

There are a few graphics things here and there that don't stop when paused.

Vifarc
09-08-2010, 08:26 AM
There's an inventory bug, when we buy something.
When want to put the bought item in a bag, but it goes to another one. We then have to take the misplaced item to put it where we wanted.

vomitousinsight
09-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Whenever I walk past a spider statue it jumps at me but doesn't seem to do any damage.

Edit: It only seems to work if I attack it first.

Shadow
09-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Whenever I walk past a spider statue it jumps at me but doesn't seem to do any damage.

Edit: It only seems to work if I attack it first.

Spider jumps don't do any damage, they are just a way to go faster.

timeh
09-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Spider jumps don't do any damage, they are just a way to go faster.

i think the issue is that it's a STATUE doing it

When want to put the bought item in a bag, but it goes to another one. We then have to take the misplaced item to put it where we wanted.

is this when you use the mouse to pick up an item and place it in your backpack to purchase it?
i've always just used SPACE, which picks the first empty spot in your bag, so i'd assume it's behaving the same when you use the mouse as well

Shadow
09-08-2010, 02:19 PM
i think the issue is that it's a STATUE doing it

is this when you use the mouse to pick up an item and place it in your backpack to purchase it?
i've always just used SPACE, which picks the first empty spot in your bag, so i'd assume it's behaving the same when you use the mouse as well

Gargoyles do have all of the normal skills that the normal monster has (although jumping is a bit strange).

As for the buying stuff, it probably is picking the first slot which is not really correct when you explicitly specify a slot.

Vifarc
09-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Yes, I only use the mouse when buying.
As for the buying stuff, it probably is picking the first slot which is not really correct when you explicitly specify a slot.
It must be that bug.

Shining Soldier
09-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Recently, I saved a town and right afterwards, it told me that my reward was dropped on the ground, but I never did get to see what it was. My inventory wasn't full, either and some of the shopkeepers drop your rewards on the ground, too, also when your inventory isn't full.

Also, I don't know if this issue was taken care of in the new patches, but I've found that when you're looking for a certain monster on a certain floor that they're supposed to be on and they won't spawn, if you save and exit on the floor they're supposed to be on and then come back into the game, then they'll spawn.

Shadow
09-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Recently, I saved a town and right afterwards, it told me that my reward was dropped on the ground, but I never did get to see what it was. My inventory wasn't full, either and some of the shopkeepers drop your rewards on the ground, too, also when your inventory isn't full.

What version are you playing? I think I fixed this in a recent patch.

Vifarc
09-12-2010, 05:48 PM
I lost a town. Wanted to make a new town but the game crashed before it was created.
I quit the game, and that was the same.
Quit again, changed the character (took my alt), enter and quit.
Restarted the game, loaded my corrupt main character, tried to make a new town, and this time that was good: the new town went created. Hush.

Shining Soldier
09-13-2010, 09:21 AM
What version are you playing? I think I fixed this in a recent patch.

That was 1.004. I need to come on the site more. I didn't realize how prompt you were with the patch releases. It's nice to know that you care so much about improving the game. Keep up the good work.

p.s. Can't wait for the expansion.

sbach2o
09-14-2010, 07:17 AM
Also, I don't know if this issue was taken care of in the new patches, but I've found that when you're looking for a certain monster on a certain floor that they're supposed to be on and they won't spawn, if you save and exit on the floor they're supposed to be on and then come back into the game, then they'll spawn.

I have had such an issue in version 1.007. I couldn't find the last quest boss for a town on the level indicated or anywhere else in the dungeon (just five levels). I am pretty certain that I didn't overlook a secret area or secret nook (had a quest boss hiding behind one such once). Those passages, less so the nooks, should show up on the mini map, and with some experience the walls stand out a little as well.

After exiting the game - in town, not on the level in question - the boss finally spawned when I returned. So there's no point providing the save game, as the problem unfortunately isn't reproducible.

At least a little bit stood out:
When I took the quests (actually there were two optional ones of the 'kill the murderer of...' kind for the same boss), there were practically no monsters of the bosses kind (some Guardian Naga) to be found on the level. Probably a couple of exceptions, but no new specimens spawned. When I came back after taking a break, the overall monster population had changed partially. Where there hadn't been any Dark Elf Assassins before, the level was now teeming with them. There had been plenty of an Undead Lich Mage kind before, the town had even been at war with these. Later, they were missing entirely.

FloodSpectre
09-30-2010, 11:31 PM
A bunch of miscellaneous little things I noticed playing in the past few days. Some of them are just minor text issues. I'm running the latest patch.

Quests to destroy totems probably shouldn't say "kill x totems" because they aren't really alive.

When you destroy an Altar the message that shows up in your log is a little strange. For example, "The Hamlec's Altar has been destroyed."

After a town attack my Warmaster decided to hang out in the entrance area to the dungeon. This made it a little bit difficult to select her when turning in quests. Not sure if this is easily fixed though.

Not sure if this one counts as a bug, but I got a Mage Staff that was both crystal and obsidian! Pretty impressive.

Also, found a very minor graphical error. Ragged Quilted Sash items (and maybe all Quilted Sashes) have a gray background instead of a black one. There are some signs that it was intended to be black at some point as the area directly outlining the item is black, giving it a sort of border.

An Armorsmith was hanging out in the dungeon and got herself killed. I looted her body and headed back to town. When I returned to the dungeon she had respawned. Worked out for me though, as she was selling some decent gear :)

Is it intentional for the corpses of dead townspeople to still show up the same as live ones on the minimap? Thought I'd report this just in case.

Also, two suggestions:

1: When an item is nearly broken, could the mouse-over text for the "breaking" icon tell us which item(s) are breaking?

2: When skills in the quickbar are moused over, could you have the tooltip not display the "next level" information? It's definitely useful in the skills screen, but superfluous in the quickbar.

Bak
10-01-2010, 01:08 PM
When you destroy an Altar the message that shows up in your log is a little strange. For example, "The Hamlec's Altar has been destroyed."

I agree that sounds odd, but the sentence is equivalent to "The Altar of Hamlec has been destroyed", which does sound okay.

After a town attack my Warmaster decided to hang out in the entrance area to the dungeon. This made it a little bit difficult to select her when turning in quests. Not sure if this is easily fixed though.

It is a kludge, but after you select the Warmaster once, swap positions. That will make it a bit easier the next time.

I had problems with one of those lightning ball spewing contraptions, that spawned on top of a torch. There was about one pixel that would select it, instead of turning the lights on and off.

Is it intentional for the corpses of dead townspeople to still show up the same as live ones on the minimap? Thought I'd report this just in case.

I don't think this is true. I'm pretty sure I use the minimap after a massacre to find out where the fresh loot is around town. (I'll pay more attention next time, to be certain.)

Update: Another townie bites the dust. Changed from dark blue on the minimap to light blue.

FloodSpectre
10-01-2010, 01:46 PM
It is a kludge, but after you select the Warmaster once, swap positions. That will make it a bit easier the next time.

Forgot I could do that, actually.. ;)

Shining Soldier
10-03-2010, 01:38 PM
A few things:

I'm playing in version 1.007 and weapon rewards are still randomly being dropped on the ground when my inventory is not full.

When I sidestep a Goblin Fire Thrower's flame attack, even though it shows the attack missing me, my guy still ignites. I think the impact radius is applying before contact and it shouldn't.

I've also found a bug where, when in the dungeon, an npc vendor will run after monsters and kill any ones that are nearby and then warp back to their original standing place, instead of walking there lol.

Something funny that I came across was during a rescue mission where the guy was freaking out and yelling, "Please help me!!" as he was dashing into hordes of monsters voluntarily. And then after saving him, again he cried, "Please help me!!"

Amberjoy
10-03-2010, 04:30 PM
I've also found a bug where, when in the dungeon, an npc vendor will run after monsters and kill any ones that are nearby and then warp back to their original standing place, instead of walking there lol.

Something funny that I came across was during a rescue mission where the guy was freaking out and yelling, "Please help me!!" as he was dashing into hordes of monsters voluntarily. And then after saving him, again he cried, "Please help me!!"

Oh yeah, that one is really annoying. :) And the rescue missions are something else again. Can't talk to the dude cause there are enemy nearby so you go off to kill them, come back and someone bad peeks around a corner and off the npc goes and runs into a ton of enemies and he's surrounded like a peanut in the middle of a herd of hungry elephants! By the time my character can get through the enemy pileup the npc dies. Sigh.

Roswitha
10-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Oh yeah, that one is really annoying. :) And the rescue missions are something else again. Can't talk to the dude cause there are enemy nearby so you go off to kill them, come back and someone bad peeks around a corner and off the npc goes and runs into a ton of enemies and he's surrounded like a peanut in the middle of a herd of hungry elephants! By the time my character can get through the enemy pileup the npc dies. Sigh.

Maybe the NPCs in rescue quests can have a smaller danger radius or something so they're less likely to go off chasing enemies. I had a case in one of those twisty little passages where I chased the NPC up one tunnel and down the other, feeding him, killing the monsters next to him and then he'd run off and find another. I finally ran out of food and he died.

Shining Soldier
10-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Maybe the NPCs in rescue quests can have a smaller danger radius or something so they're less likely to go off chasing enemies. I had a case in one of those twisty little passages where I chased the NPC up one tunnel and down the other, feeding him, killing the monsters next to him and then he'd run off and find another. I finally ran out of food and he died.

That really sucks. Another bug is where, when the npc is on the other side of a wall, they'll start calling for help and that's when they start taking damage, but sometimes the tunnel that leads to them goes way around and they're a corpse by the time you reach them.

Caal
10-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Version 1.008. I'm playing a conjurer with summoned furies and sometimes town NPCs will attack and kill one of the furies.

Just noticed that the furies will also sometimes attack a defensive totem in town.

Vifarc
10-10-2010, 05:07 AM
, when the npc is on the other side of a wall, they'll start calling for help and that's when they start taking damage, but sometimes the tunnel that leads to them goes way around
No problem with the Magician's Teleport :D

FloodSpectre
10-10-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm not entirely sure if this was just me or what, but I ran into a few Death Knights not too long ago and I had some issues with selecting them. When I mouse over them, sometimes they wouldn't highlight. I'm really not 100% on how to describe the problem, but if you can spawn a few into the dungeon somehow, then try selecting them from different directions you may see what I mean.

Bak
10-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm not entirely sure if this was just me or what, but I ran into a few Death Knights not too long ago and I had some issues with selecting them. When I mouse over them, sometimes they wouldn't highlight. I'm really not 100% on how to describe the problem, but if you can spawn a few into the dungeon somehow, then try selecting them from different directions you may see what I mean.

I noticed that too. It is any creature that is floating over the ground. You need to target the spot on the ground where they would be standing, if they weren't flying. It happens for DK, fire elementals, and wampirs (maybe more).

FloodSpectre
10-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Not sure if this was actually a bug or what, but I had one of the "stop a meeting between Boss A and Boss B". Failure (which is what happened...) ought to result in one or both sides declaring war on the town, right? The two sides were Wampirs and Skeletons, but when I failed the Earth Ragnars declared war.

Bak
10-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Found a "death journal", but had to wait to free up a quest slot.

"Case attempted to gather the Secret Documents needed, but has died"

Read the death journal.
"Accepted Avenge the death of Case's mother quest"

Case is no longer in the town, and he is the guy to report to after Vise is killed.
(I haven't found Vice yet. Don't know if it did not spawn, or if I missed a room.)

FloodSpectre
10-12-2010, 07:46 PM
The Plaguebringers' death cloud doesn't seem to scale up in poison damage with the level of the monster. In a level 34 dungeon the DoT still only does 0.6 damage per second, and I've noticed it doing about that little damage in the previous town as well.

Bak
10-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Is the damage for corpse candles (and other lightning-throwing gas balls) computed correctly? My character has enough lightning resistance to absorb 20% damage from a 25th level monster. The 27th level corpse candles were doing 1-2 points, excluding the critical that did 7 points. :p

I wouldn't want it too much higher ;) , but my character shouldn't be able to wade into a dozen of them and take almost no damage. (I do like the stored lightning effect, definitely an upgrade over DoP.)

FloodSpectre
10-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Tover's Dirk is another item which seems to have a gray background instead of black.

Also think I came across a minor typo. I'm pretty sure the swords called shamshires are actually supposed to be shamshirs, or at least that's what Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamshir) tells me.

Roswitha
10-21-2010, 02:28 AM
I've run across this bug a couple of times, usually with the warmaster but sometimes with the steward.

After I've been playing for a bit, I click on the warmaster and ask for quests, and he only has one quest available (Hurray!). I click on the quest and another one immediately appears. I click on that one and another one appears. Repeat until my quest log is full. I come back later and he has 5 or 6 quests available. It looks like a problem with the listing.

jevouse
10-21-2010, 12:53 PM
i found another bug where the npcs get attacked by an undead raising mob and instead of leaving a corpse they just vanish after they die. what gives?

Roswitha
10-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Why does a statue that's shaped like a monster show up as a red dot on the mini-map?

jevouse
10-24-2010, 02:53 PM
because it is a monster. just a petrified one.

Roswitha
10-25-2010, 02:06 AM
I kind of thought red dots were supposed to indicate threats. Since it's a statue (as opposed to a gargoyle which will actually attack at some point), it's kind of misleading to have it be there (other statues aren't blue, like healthstones are). I keep seeing a red dot, looking around frantically for the monster, and then realizing it's just a statue. I guess it could be a feature. :)

Amberjoy
10-25-2010, 04:10 PM
I kind of thought red dots were supposed to indicate threats. Since it's a statue (as opposed to a gargoyle which will actually attack at some point), it's kind of misleading to have it be there (other statues aren't blue, like healthstones are). I keep seeing a red dot, looking around frantically for the monster, and then realizing it's just a statue. I guess it could be a feature. :)

It could also be a gargoyle statue. Those don't move until you hit them and they are marked red on the mini-screen.

Bak
10-26-2010, 02:28 PM
"Earthstriker has been killed."
"Looks like a group is taking advantage of Earthstriker being killed."
"Earthstriker (a Mammoth) has formed a group of monsters in Menace Mausoleum lvl 6."

I suppose it's possible that Earthstriker's twin (with the same name) happened to meet up with Snake at the same time the original was smote down,
but it seems odd.

DeathKnight1728
10-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Thats happened to me with Goreblast.

Bak
10-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Thats happened to me with Goreblast.

My name is Goreblast. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Amberjoy
10-27-2010, 12:02 AM
My name is Goreblast. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Hee, hee! :)

Bak
10-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Just had the townies attacking my summoned River Saurian (ran into an Altar of Summoning on dungeon lvl 1).

I just transferred to another Mac, so there is a small chance something got messed up on my machine. Has anyone else seen this?

DeathKnight1728
10-28-2010, 11:38 AM
I've had no problem with summons in general. It could just be that summons.

FloodSpectre
10-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Another item with an oddly colored background: Rawhide Shoulders.

Caal
10-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Just had the townies attacking my summoned River Saurian (ran into an Altar of Summoning on dungeon lvl 1).

I just transferred to another Mac, so there is a small chance something got messed up on my machine. Has anyone else seen this?

Yes. I posted this a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.soldak.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17252&postcount=60

Bak
10-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Yes. I posted this a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.soldak.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17252&postcount=60

Missed that post. In any case, it's still there in 1.009 (you mentioned 1.008).

Aet
10-29-2010, 01:23 AM
Just had this little run through.
00:01:42 - The renegade Floy is attacking the town.
00:02:24 - The renegade Floy has set up traps in the town!
00:03:20 - Wina has been shrunk by the renegade Floy.
00:03:20 - Line has gone renegade.
00:03:20 - The renegade Floy has recruited Line!
00:05:02 - Dane has been petrified by the renegade Floy.
00:07:45 - The Renegade Floy has been killed.
The problem is, the town alarm bells started ringing when Floy came to attack the town, and didn't stop until I killed him on level 2 of the dungeon.

Initially I ran through the entire town looking and casting area of effect spells (just in case he was invisible), but never found him. A different group of critters also decided to attack the town soon after, and I killed them, but still the alarm jangles went on. Only when I gave up on looking for him and returned to the dungeon did I happen across and kill him... and yes, killing him in the dungeon stopped the alarms. v1.009

Shadow
10-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Damn, I thought I fixed the renegade attack issue a couple patches back.

Roswitha
11-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Keely the Bowyer says "Everyone is pulled taught like a bow string". It should be "taut". Later on, it should probably be "as soon as," rather than "soon as".

Stardusts
11-12-2010, 07:59 PM
I found a weird bug while playing DC today. I got a quest to collect some sand spider silk sacs and when I only have 1 left to find I came by a summon altar which gave me a sand spider pet. Afterward no matter how many sacs I collect the quest won't be completed (the spiders that I killed dropped them), figure it might have something to do with my new pet I sent it on a suicide mission and it dropped a spider silk sac when it died :confused:. Picking it up completed the quest, despite I picked up like 10 sacs before that from spider mobs in the dungeon.

One more bug is that the quest list sometimes bugs and you cannot click to select quest. you can only take the first quest in the list, then second, etc... when you hit the accept button. The quest list returns to normal when you accept a quest then cancel it, after that you can mouse click on each quest again.

Last but not least, this one Im not sure is intended or not. My fireball (fire mage skill) often explode in my face after I cast it :mad: (the fireball causes an explosion like the explosion trap that damages everyone- friends and foes alike). I thought only when it is near a gas/poison leak it would explode. The explosion occurs every 5 or so fireball cast and it is quite annoying especially when combined with cave in. Furthermore I do not gain any exp if the explosion kills the monsters. If the fire from barrels/doors I caused kills and gives me exp shouldn't the explosion does the same thing?

Shadow
11-15-2010, 11:18 AM
All 3 of those are pretty strange, I'll look at them.

Tar Palantir
11-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Quite frequently when NPC have many quests to offer the scroll bar on the right side of the list disappears once I scrolled down.

Edit: And once this happens, it becomes impossible to see the quests that are at the top of the list...

Tar Palantir
11-16-2010, 11:45 AM
My lvl 51 warrior has close to 300 in perception but when he sees a stash or box and the labbel shows "no trap" it still says 0% chance of beeing correct (which i think is also wrong because 0% chance of beeing correct about not detecting a trap means there is a 100% chance that the object is traped right?)

Manumitted
11-16-2010, 04:59 PM
I think "no trap" is considered one of the trap types. Also, 0% trap ID chance still allows the character's completely uninformed guess about the trap to luck into the correct answer. "No trap" is probably the default guess, because most containers aren't trapped.

NTJedi
11-17-2010, 02:00 AM
My lvl 51 warrior has close to 300 in perception but when he sees a stash or box and the labbel shows "no trap" it still says 0% chance of beeing correct (which i think is also wrong because 0% chance of beeing correct about not detecting a trap means there is a 100% chance that the object is traped right?)

Perception seems out of balance since most characters usually show 0% even after equipping a couple items which have +XX perception on them. Unless your character specializes with perception it's seems useless for other characters.

Manumitted
11-17-2010, 03:32 AM
Caster types can often keep up the Intelligence level needed for usable Perception,* but knowing a trap's ID often doesn't do much good without enough Trap Disarm skill to defuse it. Non-Rogues/Thief hybrids will have trouble mustering enough TD from items. It seems to take around 1.3 TD/trap level. At best, merely knowing a trap's identity preps one to avoid it, run from its activation, laugh at its trivial effects, or trigger it in a sequence convenient to the other traps and objects in the room.

*Perception has to average over 13 [!] per level--over 4 INT points absent +Perception items--to keep up with equal-level traps. Not that the dunjon sportingly limits itself to traps of no more than the character's level...

Roswitha
11-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Most of the time when I destroy an Exploding Barrel with my Arcane Blast (level 4), it doesn't explode. It just crumbles like any other barrel.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Shadow
11-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Most of the time when I destroy an Exploding Barrel with my Arcane Blast (level 4), it doesn't explode. It just crumbles like any other barrel.

It should explode.

Roswitha
11-19-2010, 02:56 AM
I ran across an NPC in a corridor; she wanted a package I didn't have, and I couldn't get past her. Can you add "Switch places" to the menu for Delivery and Get Information NPCs?

Thanks

Manumitted
11-19-2010, 06:55 PM
All found with 1.002, but none listed as fixed in newer changelogs to my knowledge.

1. The PC can still claim the credit for Kill Unique X quests that someone else completed, but he fails collection quests that someone else completed. Why is the actor's identity more important than the town-helping result in only one of these cases? Suggested fix: give the PC half-credit for each of these cases.
2. Journal Toughest/Weakest stats seem to prioritize bosses over non-bosses. I've seen a +5 to char level non-boss best/toughest kill quickly replaced by a +3 boss. Also a problem with end-of-town summary screen, but in the opposite direction ("Most impressive kill: [No-name] Shapeshifter. Best achievement: Build obelisk.").
3. Game cursor is not captured by PrintScreen function.
4. Some--all?--quests including a "random [weapon or armor]" in the reward do not provide the item upon completion.
5. Learned armor skills boost overall armor by the stated percent, even for armor pieces not of the learned armor type and even if one wears no armor pieces of the learned armor type! Bizarre.
6. Only some "chest/door stuck" or "Mob X gets promoted" events [sic] get added to the log. Really, none of these trivia needs to be added.
7. Kill Named Mob X quests get marked as failed if I don't whack the bum quickly enough. A boss does not cease to be dangerous or a militarily valuable target just because I let him build his machine / totem / monster coalition first or let him live for one second "too long" even as he's doing nothing else. Chop the kill credit down if you must, but don't call it a complete failure. Only on rare occasions does the quest get marked as obsolete and replaced by a quest to Kill Named Mob X, AKA Boss X.
8. NPCs are None Too Bright about fire. Mobs will run right through it to beeline the PC, and vendors will stand in it and roast. The latter is just stupid; even mobs don't linger in a firepit. Unless there's a target to whack.
9. If the PC accepts 2 trophy collection quests for the same trophy, the following problem occurs. The more recently accepted quest is the one that gets the picked-up trophies credited to it up to its limit. The pickups should be applied to the quests in FIFO or user-configurable fashion, not LIFO. Thankfully, the trophy mob does continue respawning and dropping the trophy after the first quest is completed (and claimed).
10. Sidequests to build an obelisk/totem "to protect the town" continue to spawn after saving the town. Paranoid, ain't they?
11. The PC still gets the experience for NPCs' kills--or dunjon hazard kills--even if he was nowhere near the fight/fatal accident.
12. When the inventory or store window is open, the game insists on redrawing every item's icon every time one of them is clicked or moved to a new space. This vastly slows item management once one gets to the sack/knapsack level of containers and opens all containers. Why not skip the redraw for every item space that didn't get changed?
13. Statues of the PC are freely attackable in town. These honoraria ought to be forced-attack only.
14. Shields do not integrate Defense enchantments into the overall Defense value listed.
15. In a Meeting quest, game sometimes spawns the two boss mobs close to each other only in the sense of the cat who walks through walls, separated by a wall and 15+ seconds of running for us corporeal types. This inevitably results in a forced quest fail unless I think to kite the first boss all over the dunjon without finishing it until I find the other one. This simply isn't an option with any middling or better melee boss, and I wouldn't like to try it if I found a Plaguebringer boss first, either. It was bad enough with a Pixie.
16. When using one mob as a shield for another mob's projectile attacks, the shield mob never aggros against the shooter, even if the shooter is of another race. I was bashing away at a giant Elite Hellhound that kept catching ack-ack from a Dark Elf Priest, but the doggie just kept biting me.
17. Soulstone description claims that it reduces XP debt by half, but the actual reduction is 75%.
18. Items of Divination or other reduced spellcasting time assign near-zero value to that extremely valuable enchantment. Increasing one's spell DPS by 33% ought to be worth more than a couple dozen copper pieces.
19. Giant spiders can leap right through a locked door to attack the player, at least if he hits the door with a projectile first or otherwise draws their attention.
20. Talking a second time to a FedEx recipient after delivering the package but before he fades out results in a spurious "You don't have a quest to talk to $name" message.
21. A listed 100% chance to disarm traps exaggerates the success rate, especially with Magma traps.
22. Manual claims that the PC loses reputation for buying items from "disreputable sources," but the gamblers evidently don't qualify as disreputable, and no one but they and legit merchants sell items.
23. Game crashes to desktop without a word if the user directory is on a drive that runs out of diskspace. The second time around, this also corrupted the file for that character. Partial success at saving a screenshot seemingly didn't corrupt my character, but a 0-byte screenshot did corrupt the character.
24. For blocking purposes, a pouncing spider immediately occupies the space where it will land upon starting its jump. It can't be hit until landing, though.
25. A Trapdoor trap on the dunjon's bottom level still imparts the Surprise status when triggered, though the PC moveth not. Such traps ought not spawn on the bottom level.
26. Teleporter rooms and Unknown Gates in general ought not spawn on the bottom level, either. Unless the Unknown Gates are reprogrammed to include the possibility of teleporting upward.
27. Flame Blade-assisted or other fiery weapon-induced pyrotechnics can injure the PC, unlike damage caused by his direct-damage flame spells.
28. Items stolen by the Thief instantly vanish into the ether. Upon his death, either they should appear on his corpse or be returned to the merchant's inventory. Instant fencing is unrealistic.
29. The interaction tooltip for the Thief is "click to talk." Clicking causes all the "talking" to get done by my weapon. This mob should be marked as hostile, producing the "click to attack" tooltip, even before being attacked.
30. Destroyed elemental emitter traps (fire, ice, lightning, poison) are allowed to keep spewing as their "corpses" fade out. No other corpse type can cause damage.
31. The "Good food! Zesty drink!" vendor come-on usually emanates from a non-food and drink vendor.
32. Wandering vendors stick around an order of magnitude longer if they spawn in the dunjon as compared to the town, and the same goes for their restock delays. Good thing the dunjon isn't an order of magnitude more dangerous than the town, then.
33. Attacking during an item self-ID does not abort the temperature-bar popup of the now-aborted ID.
34. Clicking on a just-unlocked door in the process of opening yields a spurious "Door locked" message.
35. War With Mobtype quests tend to complete without the proper popup notification if the PC starts whacking the mobs before officially accepting the quest.

Time for the next part...

Manumitted
11-19-2010, 07:10 PM
36. Where multiple NPCs attack a monster, they have a bad habit of surrounding it into a corner, preventing me from attacking the beast before it kills several of them. The monster's proximity means that Talk, Switch Places is not an option. Solution: allow Talking when monsters are Too Close but alter the Talk menu to remove/gray out everything but Switch Places and Nevermind [sic].
37. One ground collection quest was available through both the Apothecary and the townie who actually wanted the items. Aside from the duplication issue, why did the Apothecary offer the quest if he wasn't responsible for dispensing the reward? Also, both of them potentially allowed claiming it, though it was properly cleared from both afterward.
38. Some mobs run right past me, even if I attack them and their buddies as they go. Some never turn around despite absorbing 4-5 backstabs. Sir Robin's kin? Esprit de corps and self-preservation, not so much.
39. The No Deep Wounds attribute should be applied to totems and gates as well as to the bony undead where it's already active. Wood and stone don't bleed.
40. The screen should not shake upon receiving a critical hit that does trivial (single-digit) damage. Characters with crit-dependent skills are already watching the damage report like a hawk, not needing the visual reminder, and the rest couldn't care less about these boy-who-cried-wolf nicks.
41. NPC damage-dealing ability generally lags badly compared to the attributes necessary to wield their displayed weapon. No one who can lift a mace, morning star, or flail should be doing single-digit damage to anything, no matter how low-end that particular shillelagh might be. Ditto for cleavers, double-bladed axes, and giant swords.
42. Two of my Unique Yuxi Gloves have different enchantments--one removes the trivial Mana Steal chance--but Unique items are never supposed to vary on their enchantments. Ditto for some of my Hellhound Stabber Daggers, which don't always have the 0-2 Poison damage enchant. Both of these enchants are the last on their item's respective list.
43. Wade the Glove Vendor is evidently a big Bugs Bunny fan. He won't eat rabbit. My PC was high enough level to eat the rabbit himself, not that it has mattered with other too-high foodstuffs in the past.
44. The cha-ching coin sound does not play for gambled items that are mundane but still worth more than I paid for them. It does play for gambled items that are magic but still worth less than I paid for them!
45. An item's inherent Durability does not affect its value, but a Durability enchantment, worthlessness that such is, can raise its value by 33% or more.
46. My latest mule turned in two quests to Din, reaching Reputation 1, but he did not receive the standard unique item for that levelup, or any item for that matter.
47. Armor/weapon-making collection quests can be turned in to any armor/weaponsmith, even one who specializes in a different type of armor/weapon. It's strange to see a tailor offering a unique metal shield.
48. Infinite respawn of mobs on a collection quest's proper dunjon level shows up even before I accept the quest. I finished one collection quest on L10 and turned it in, not yet accepting the other current collection quest for L10, but L10's respawn never stopped.
49. Zombies don't seem to obey the game setting for mob starting level. I set one char's second town to L12 mobs, yet found several zombiekin of only L10 menace.
50. Din greeted my first character to reach a Champion difficulty town as though the PC had already been granted his freedom. The PC was still a slave, as Din's quest roster ("Your first [sic] task on the road to redemption" and "I have some busy work for you") made clear.
51. The start-of-town news window list of mandatory quests sometimes misses some, apparently through limited window capacity (10 lines at most) and no scrollback ability.
52. Oblivion Gloves's reduced attack time is not reflected in DPS, unlike other speed boosts (Adrenaline, Haste, Stalker).
53. If both Kill X Monsters and Kill X Specific Monsters quests are active and a mob of the proper type is whacked on the proper dunjon level, only the left-to-kill update for Kill X Monsters is displayed. Even the Quest Completed message for Kill X Specific... is not displayed, though the proper tone sounds.
54. Identical uprising quests on the same level award credit for each proper kill to each quest. This double-dipping can't be the intent.
55. A hostage-taking boss slew his hostage as I approached, but the boss could not attack or be attacked afterward, nor did he vanish. He just semi-blocked the corridor for the rest of my stay in that town.
56. Din's freedom-granting quest does not spawn until the next town after reaching Reputation Level 5. Every other kind of quest can and does spawn at any time before or after saving a town, so why not this one?
57. Tooltips for the PC's status conditions beyond the sixth do not display.
58. The Whirlwind ability lists "damage" against any puddles in its range, but the puddles evidently have unlimited HP.
59. Magma traps don't scale. 3 DPS for 5 seconds isn't more than a mosquito bite once past about L10.
60. Jewelry/ring designs and enchantments are repeated with new, higher character level requirements. Why does Enchant X on Jewelry Y require 15 more character levels when found in a store by a higher-level character? The level requirement should be tied to the item's capabilities like it is for non-jewelry. With soft armor, the better, more level-intensive material types are inherently more protective, aka the whole point of armor. Hard armor and all weapons only have a stat requirement that directly tracks the usefulness of the item.
61. Fire Shield works on incoming projectile attacks no matter the shooter's range. It's a nice, if unrealistic, payback for Wisps, casters (especially Dark Elves), and tossers.
62. Stunned or webbed characters are still allowed to ID items.
63. The glow on a Giant Sword wielded by a character with the Giant buff active does not extend all the way down the blade.
64. The Shield of Fire Enchanter buff is applied after Fire Shield spell/obelisk buff, whereas most such addition buffs are all applied to the unenhanced base stat/resist. 11 base FR plus those two buffs would ordinarily be 11 +100% (11) + 20 = 42, but it came out as 62 ((11 + 20) + 100%).
65. Characters can be stunned by a Chaos Lord's earthquake even when their feet are not touching the ground, as during a Whirlwind.
66. Once a secret room has been found, the objects in it can be targeted/hit by weapons even after the illusionary wall respawns.
67. A Horror hit me with several Ice Storms as I ran away for several screens down a twisting corridor. It should not be able to hit me without LOS. No other mob had LOS to me during my getaway, either.

Roswitha
11-20-2010, 02:33 AM
Now that is a LOT of bug reports. Very impressive. :)

I was in a dungeon with Death Warlocks. They would raise the dead every few seconds or so, and made themselves quite a nuisance. Then I ran across a statue of a Death Warlock (not a gargoyle, mind) that raised the dead as if he had faster-cast-rate gloves and no mana limit; he was raising things about every half-second. I guess being stone is liberating. :)

Roswitha
11-20-2010, 02:39 AM
Not sure if this is a bug, but it is pretty unusual.

If you look closely, you'll see that there is a tree next to the spinner trap. The spinner trap throws off red sparks when it hits the tree but doesn't do any damage. The tree is insubstantial for me and most people, but apparently not spinner traps.

Shadow
11-22-2010, 01:54 PM
If you look closely, you'll see that there is a tree next to the spinner trap. The spinner trap throws off red sparks when it hits the tree but doesn't do any damage. The tree is insubstantial for me and most people, but apparently not spinner traps.

Yeah, it's kind of a consequence of how those trees are implemented.

Roswitha
11-27-2010, 03:35 PM
"A gate unlocking lever has been located." It should be gate-unlocking lever.

(name here)
11-27-2010, 06:19 PM
The message for a recon totem starting an uprising highlights recon totem in purple like a boss name.

Manumitted
11-30-2010, 12:16 AM
1. Orc Totems spawn way too often on levels that contain no Orcs. Also a problem with Undead Totems.
2. Items with a significant Durability enchantment almost always spawn with their current Durability typical for a normal item of that type (15-30), resulting in near-instant Worn status. So much for the Durability, eh? It also results in either a big repair bill that adds several SP to the cost of using the item or reduces the resale value by 50-66%. These items should have proportionately as much Durability as normal items. Almost zero normal items have shown up instantly Worn across thousands and thousands of item spawns.
3. The illiteracy rate for mobs evidently runs around 103%, to borrow a joke from Beyond Zork. Why else would they pound away at Exploding Barrels? Normal barrels rarely attract their ire, even when imprisoned by them, so I have to wonder if it's a kamikaze fervor instead of illiteracy.
4. As with the mobs' lack of aversion to fire, they will cheerfully run right into my in-progress Ice Storm to get at me.
5. As with Oblivion Gloves, the weapon speed boost on Fryse's White Ring does not show up in the character's DPS.
6. A No Stun attribute ought to be applied to totems and dimensional gates, for obvious reasons.
7. Itemization issue: Good jewelry seems to be available in stores about 20 levels before it's available in the dunjon. My L36 character in Magic Find / Item Find gear still finds universally worse jewelry than others were buying by the mid-teen levels. At best, he finds unique jewelry that other characters bought in their mid-twenties levels.
8. Itemization issue: The relatively more useful weapon enchantments of omnistat, omniresist, bonuses to crits / crush / deep wounds, weapon speed, and armor piercing all have a sizable hidden modifier, easily 33-50%, against the weapon's min/max damage. The rarity of these marquee enchants, especially in multiple, is a sufficient guard against Swords of Instant Mob Destruction, and their worth rarely amounts to more than 25-30% effective DPS, leaving the weapon half its penalty DPS behind the equivalent normal weapon (1.25 * 0.67 = 0.83). The negative damage modifier should be cut in half or removed entirely.
9. The icons and models for the martel and war mallet ought to be switched, judging by the definitions I've seen.
10. XP are given for every dispel of the same illusionary wall, but no skill is involved in dispelling it the second or more time. The PC or his automap already knows where the illusion is, so he shouldn't get XP for revealing it again.
11. Closing the Quests info screen unpauses the game if it was paused before opening the screen. No other info screen does this on close.
12. Unique bows do not use the proper icon for their basic bow type, nor do they have unique icons, period.
13. Quest XP don't seem to be subject to XP debt. XP debt declines by the full quest XP amount.
14. Legendary weapons sometimes have two added enchants, usually both damage-related, on top of a boost to their existing +damage% enchant. They are supposed to have one extra enchant, not 2-3.
15. World creation screen should explain that each difficulty level has its own range of monster levels. It's not obvious why I can't make a standard difficulty world with mobs starting above L24.
16. Mob levelups after the start of a town seem limited to six levels. A busy town can easily add 2-3 times that many levels to the PC, at least at lower PC levels.
17. The icon for the unique double-bladed ax Blood Reaver is plainly single-bladed.

Roswitha
11-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Good heavens. Do you do this professionally? :)

6. A No Stun attribute ought to be applied to totems and dimensional gates, for obvious reasons.

I'm inclined to disagree about dimensional gates. If they're stunned, they can't produce another monster.

wasp3
12-05-2010, 06:50 AM
Good heavens. Do you do this professionally? :)

I'm inclined to disagree about dimensional gates. If they're stunned, they can't produce another monster.

oh but is look strange no ? like burning rocks in the dungeon too :rolleyes:

Manumitted
12-17-2010, 02:06 AM
1. Mal the Black Market Vendor's "one word of advice" intro actually runs for four or fourteen words, depending on how one parses it. Yes, I'm overly literal.
2. The -10 Reputation per item bought from a black market vendor is not announced like the other RP losses. So I was wrong about the earlier bug report that no vendor causes RP loss for a purchase.
3. Black market vendors don't show up until the -10 Reputation cost of buying from them is completely meaningless against the PC's well into five figures RP total. All Reputation penalties other than townie death ought to be increased by fivefold or more. Townie death penalty could easily be tripled.
4. Mal the Black Market Vendor has midrange goods at best, relative to other vendors. He should have top stuff to make the RP cost of buying from him a meaningful temptation. As it is, he's easy to ignore.
5. Naga Destroyer unique machete should have been named Naga Nettler, given the game's penchant for alliteration on other unique weapons.
6. The final item in a few soft armor sets, like Tover's, Brenna's, and Dez's, requires c. 10 more levels than the other items, making the full set bonus not usefully achievable. Wearing a full set that was barely competitive gear 10 levels ago does not lead to good results. Even worse, Damek's set has at least a 21 level delta between two of its items, gloves and cap.
7. When confronted with a lock, the player will automagically use a key from his stash if he has no keys on his person.
8. Almost all and potentially all (I haven't kept exact track) of the "0% chance correct" trap guesses, many of which are not the "no trap" default, still manage to get the trap type correct. With almost 20 trap types potentially on a container, this represents easily an order of magnitude better random guessing than I have any right to expect.
9. The Enchanter's Concentration: Speed buff seems to speed up enemy movement, too. Mobs run noticeably faster with it on, and Wisps flit about much faster though they aren't pursuing anything.
10. The game's arithmetic sometimes brings to mind the old Pentium FDIV bug. When a 400 XP quest gets run through the slow pace 15% penalty filter and comes out as 339 XP, something ain't right.
11. Trap effects go right through walls. Noticed with Caltrop and Exploding Barrel traps. Wisps can throw their lightning through walls, too.
12. Vendors seem incapable of triggering traps. I watched one guy run back to his alcove after a fight, crossing a big Trapdoor trap without it going off.
13. Greater Heal spell doesn't work in town.

FloodSpectre
12-20-2010, 11:43 PM
If you open the door to a vault, it plays the "found a vault" jungle along with the appropriate text message. If you then close that door and open it again, you get the jingle and the message again. It should probably only alert you about the vault the first time you open the door, not every time.

Roswitha
12-21-2010, 12:31 AM
I found an anomaly that I really hope is a feature, since it's a very effective tactic.

I'm playing a weaponmaster hybrid. I have Perfect Strike on the right mouse button and Whirlwind on a hotkey. If I click repeatedly on the mouse button, it goes strike, pause, strike, pause, strike. The same thing happens when I repeatedly push the hotkey for whirlwind. However, if I alternate between the two, I can get going really fast, which makes for a very effective attack.

I hope it's a feature....

Manumitted
12-21-2010, 01:44 AM
I found an anomaly that I really hope is a feature, since it's a very effective tactic.

I'm playing a weaponmaster hybrid. I have Perfect Strike on the right mouse button and Whirlwind on a hotkey. If I click repeatedly on the mouse button, it goes strike, pause, strike, pause, strike. The same thing happens when I repeatedly push the hotkey for whirlwind. However, if I alternate between the two, I can get going really fast, which makes for a very effective attack.

I hope it's a feature....

I've seen the same thing, though with left-click standard attack, right-click Whirlwind instead. I chalked it up to the first attack bringing the character to a standstill, allowing the Whirlwind to go off immediately instead of waiting for my next footfall, as it must if I'm moving. It doesn't work in reverse (Whirlwind then standard).

Holding down the mouse button while keeping the cursor on the target causes continuous attacks without wasted time or extra mouse/hand wear. I wouldn't be surprised if your clicks/keypresses were slightly off from the perfect timing for the next attack, causing the observed behavior of fewer attacks with one attack type. You could test this by pausing the game during an attack, clicking/keypressing on the same target, and unpausing. If the second attack goes off more quickly than usual, my guess was right.

Since my report above about Greater Heal not working in town, I have seen it both work and not work in town with the same character. This is a strange one.

FloodSpectre
12-23-2010, 07:49 PM
This one is iffy as a bug, it may be that it's intended this way because it's been like this from the start. Shields add defense, but I've noticed they don't add to the chance to block. When they get a defense modifier they also get the additional block chance (+20 Def / +20 Block), but the stock defense rate never get a corresponding block chance.

MHR
12-26-2010, 01:21 PM
This may have been reported already, but I have been having instances in which I get a report that "X is attacking the town," and when I return, there is a red dot on the outskirts (outside of the gate) that I cannot reach, but the enemy still has the ability to set traps in town, attack NPCs, etc.

Cheers,

Matt

Roswitha
12-26-2010, 05:46 PM
This may have been reported already, but I have been having instances in which I get a report that "X is attacking the town," and when I return, there is a red dot on the outskirts (outside of the gate) that I cannot reach, but the enemy still has the ability to set traps in town, attack NPCs, etc.

Which version are you playing? I think it was fixed in 1.010.

MHR
12-27-2010, 03:14 AM
Ah, I just purchased and assumed I had the latest version, but you're right, it's 1.008. Thanks!

FloodSpectre
01-01-2011, 06:13 PM
More items with a gray background in their icon instead of black: Linen Leggings and Padded Cowl.

FloodSpectre
01-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Found another minor cosmetic bug. When dragging the basic attack skill from the Paladin's base skills bar to the quick skill bar the icon shows a sword in the skill bar instead of a mace.

shafk
01-05-2011, 10:11 PM
I've seen this bug before in the 0.9. series but it's just happened in the 1.012 patched version of Din's Cure + Demon Wars.

There is a Healthstone in the middle of a T intersection which blocks access to 2 of the 3 corridors.
I'm on Level 7 needing to get down to Level 13, unfortunately that's the only way to access the rest of the level.

FloodSpectre
01-05-2011, 10:38 PM
I've seen this bug before in the 0.9. series but it's just happened in the 1.012 patched version of Din's Cure + Demon Wars.

There is a Healthstone in the middle of a T intersection which blocks access to 2 of the 3 corridors.
I'm on Level 7 needing to get down to Level 13, unfortunately that's the only way to access the rest of the level.

Any attack skill on your hotbar or set as a right click skill can be used to smash the healthstone to gain access to the rest of the dungeon, just like you might do to a locked door or chest. Just mouse over the stone and choose an attack.

shafk
01-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Thanks I forgot about that feature.

Manumitted
01-13-2011, 01:45 AM
1. Despite the game's backstory, Dark Elves are among the easiest mob species to spook. All too often, they are the ones running from Chaos Lords, crying for their mommies.
2. My report of Legendary weapons having too many added enchants was probably in error. Since then, I have seen several Artifact versions of a weapon that add a damage-related enchant to the Elite version. Thus, the Legendary version must start from the Artifact version and add an enchant of its own.
3. Tore's equipment seemingly should have been a set, with a dagger, bracers, and gloves (and more items?) that all are a cut above 90% of the usual uniques. Perhaps give it thief-related set bonuses like +Money Find, +Item/Magic Find, +Crit/DW chance?
4. Item characteristic "of ingenious" needs to use a noun, "of ingeniousness."
5. Nefarious Plans that are still unread by the time that their author is killed turn to gibberish instead of adding a quest, already completed, to the quest log.
6. Shatter spell has an awfully large targeting radius and a strange hidden assumption. It tends to target the nearest mob even if that mob is pi radians and half the screen away from where I clicked, one inch away from the mob that I wanted to whack.
7. Ice Prison's tooltip on an affected mob lists the spell's max duration against an L0 mob instead of scaling it for the target mob.
8. Scavengers can complete a meal and grow/heal up even while stunned by Thunderbolt or presumably anything else.
9. An Orc Shaman appeared out of nowhere and started following me around the dunjon like a summon, but with the completed quest icon above him. Upon clicking him, I discovered that I had completed an "8 base of operations" [sic] quest, involving "killing a bunch of Orc Shamans in 8" [sic]. Aside from the missing text, the dunjon only had five levels.
10. A town with two Armorsmiths had one petrified. After curing him, I saw the other one thank me for curing his own [sic] petrifaction.
11. One character's very first town on Champion difficulty, right after earning her freedom, saw me turn in maybe two busywork quests to Din, fail another Dinquest, go up one character level, stay on the same Reputation level (6), and have the Din's Champion quest spawn anyway with the town already in progress.
12. Din's quest description for titles beyond Granted Freedom continues to read as though I'm still his slave. The description and quest-claiming popup should be altered to something like "I will grant/You have received the honor $nobletitle."

Aet
01-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Apparently this NPC has no name.

Several townies died though, so it might have been one of them. Or it could have been that low-life Sking the Food & Drink vendor, who after claiming poverty twice and reaping my generosity, started a fight with another NPC and then left the town because he felt hated.

Manumitted
01-24-2011, 10:53 PM
1. More than once, I have completed a collection quest, only to be told that I had failed it, complete with Reputation penalty, right after I claimed the credit. These were more quests that I could claim from the townie or from the apothecary / steward, though supposedly only the townie offered the credit. In each case, the townie in question also went renegade and ran down to the level where I had gathered the loot.
2. Magma and Acid traps seem impossible to disarm, with even 100% chance of success at disarming a trap 25% or more above my player's level routinely failing.
3. No limit seems to exist on how many traps can attach to a lever. I've pulled a lever with a Thief character only to see six trap disarm XP awards. Other objects are thankfully limited to one trap.
4. Log sometimes forgets to note trivia like, oh, killing a Super Boss. I accepted the quest to kill him before my first trip into the dunjon, and the other unique I killed on that trip to that level, also having accepted his kill quest, made the log.
5. Obstacles are assumed to have infinite height for LOS purposes, though many of them are barely waist-high.
6. Using an Altar of Summoning when one already has a pet consumes the altar without producing another pet. How about promoting the current pet instead or at least leveling it up 1-3 levels?
7. A Meeting quest did not spawn the first Unique until at least a minute after I had cleared the entire level, easily 4-5 minutes after getting the message about the meeting. That Unique, a Fury named Savagesmasher, displayed near-zero interest in attacking me even after I nailed it for 25% of its HP. It diffidently ambled after me, never running, never taking a direct path. The other Unique spawned at an unknown time (but at least a minute after I entered the level) almost the full width of the level away from the first one, predictably still facing the wall motionless when I found it. Stretching the definitions of "meeting" and "bad-tempered melee mob" here... All too often, these Meeting mobs spawn at least 25% of the level width from each other.
8. Mobs often have a strange habit of facing the wall upon spawning at the wall, doing nothing like a student made to stand in the dunce corner, until something hits them.
9. When a quest giver has one or more untaken quests on offer, new quests are randomly placed at the head, tail, or middle of the existing quest list.
10. Stamina enchant has zero coin value. It's not the greatest enchant, but it shouldn't be fiscally worthless.
11. Unlocking a chest but then hitting it during the opening process relocks the chest, wasting the key.
12. "Friendly" mobs that hire the player to kill other mobs attack the player's pet at all times before, during, or after the quest.
13. Two identical unique [sic] mobs, Incendio twins, spawned in the same room of the dunjon, offering nearly-identical quests (Kill 11/12 Corpse Candles). Worst case of split personality I've ever seen...
14. As with identical uprising quests, I got credit for each Corpse Candle kill towards each of the Incendio quests.
15. Unique Incendio promptly reappeared on the same level as before, singly this time, and offered the same Corpse Candle-killing quest as before. Dude likes the dark more than an Imp.
16. Switch Position only works once on NPCs. If I use it a second time from the same general direction as the first time, the NPC moves again but immediately runs back to his position before the first SP. The radius that they can be moved from their original position is strangely limited.
17. Order-of-operations graphics issue: Doors are drawn after the contents of a room when entering a level. Depending on gate or stair placement, this sometimes allows prematurely seeing what's in that room.
18. Order-of-operations issue: A chest/door that is both locked and stuck complains of being stuck even if the player has no keys. Without opening the lock, he can't know that it's stuck. The Locked fail condition should come up first.
19. Unlike other dunjon objects, unknown gates never seem to be removed when a dunjon level respawns. Over time, this makes for some mighty crowded dunjon rooms, not to mention new gates spilling out the door.
20. Occasional-spell procs seem wildly overvalued, with even a mediocrity like 1.5% chance of L6 Mana Steal weighing in at around 75 SP (noticed between 3 Changeling Crusher flails, 2 Artifact, 1 Elite). Entire 35 DPS weapons don't go for half that much, and it's hard to see a 1 in 66 (1.5%) proc chance as being worth any significant amount of DPS-equivalent. The valuation of a proc ought to be multiplied by its chance of activation relative to the maximum proc chance (10%?).
21. As noted in another thread, Cold Mastery does not increase the duration of Ice Prison, though it's supposed to do so.

Manumitted
02-03-2011, 01:38 AM
1. Corpses and chests can still be attacked as they fade out, though this doesn't make them fade any faster. Why not make them non-targetable, like satisfied questgivers, or make the bodies decay faster when attacked, thwarting Scavengers.
2. Jewelry whose only enchantment is a curse frequently has a nonzero value. This may have been fixed in 1.017.
3. Taking a screenshot causes the game to continue its action during the screenshot save even if paused. Most easily seen by pausing and taking a PNG screenshot right after delivering the coup de grace to a unique mob whose species has lengthy death throes (Hulk, Sentinel, Chaos Lord). Unpausing then abruptly switches to the boss's corpse and all his loots, each already on the ground.
4. Loading a completed town causes the game to run its clock slightly, though the player has yet to dismiss the Town Complete popup and the game is officially paused. Noticed when an event hit the news window on load despite the still-present popup.
5. Dying does not cancel cooldown timers, even those for food, drink, or potions. So it's three inescapable things, then: death, taxes, and cooldown timers?
6. On the quest screen and presumably from the warmaster if yet untaken, Impending Raid quests do not give a running tally of the mobs left to kill, unlike uprising or collection quests.
7. Quilted sash icon has gray background instead of black.
8. For around 15 minutes, two trophy quests on different levels only dropped the trophy items from mob species other than the ones I was supposed to kill. I killed around half a dozen of one proper species in a row without a drop and ended up getting 4 of 5 of that trophy from other dead mobs. The situation spontaneously resolved itself for an unknown reason.
9. An item that gets dropped in mid-identify still gets identified.
10. Killing my first two Chaos Minions for a boss-induced uprising quest did not add that species to that character's bestiary until I killed a third Chaos Lord for a previously spawned hunter quest.
11. Delivering smuggled goods to Crook #2 still allows the PC to claim the quest reward from Crook #1, who neither flees nor goes renegade. Claiming this dirty money ought to cost a Reputation penalty. Turning in Crook #1 to the Steward ought to award the same RP (but no money) as originally promised for the quest. In either case, the promised XP should be awarded.

Crisses
02-05-2011, 01:46 AM
Here's some oddities I noted today. Note I'm on 1.017 right now, but I don't think I saw these in the patch logs.

1) The "attack" icon on the hybrid character creation screen (and on the skill screens in-game) for Hunter is a staff. Hunters can't use a staff. (Same for Archer). I believe the hotkey #1 is a bow in game. Hunter can use a dagger & bow, Archer can only use a bow -- does Archer even get a melee attack symbol (fist?).

2) I was playing an ~level 30 character in a level 50 game. The other player had an under 40-level character. A visiting vendor came to town and had top-level food offerings (in the top row set apart from the rest) that was too high level for either of us to use.

3) Is it really true that a Major Giant mod should be on a Dark Elf Totem? *shrugs*

4) When you're close to another player, you can view their equipped items. When you pan over the items, it includes the message "Right click to loot" -- an obvious hold-over from Depths of Peril :)

5) Playing a hybrid Trickster/Hunter: Immolation Trap can set my own Lures on fire (both in the Hunter tree). On a similarish note: If I throw an immolation trap at a townsperson's feet, everything's OK (the trap spittles for a while then goes away). If I throw it at their knees, the trap seems to trigger and go away. However, I don't see any damage on the townspeople (unlike my Lure which will fry). However, I don't think it should trigger the trap in either case, even if it looks like I've set the Warmaster on fire.

6) Hey, vendors: More bags, less food. I'm constantly getting offers for new food types & varieties. My mom would be yelling about starving kids in China if she saw all that food going to waste. However, I can't go to the local Vendor-mart and get a backpack? Cummon, how rare can a bag be with all that cloth & leather armor laying around in the dungeon/at the vendors? In fact, I'd pay to turn 2+ pieces of crappy cloth/leather armor into a decent carry-all. I'm not saying they should be a staple like food, but they're pretty scarce considering we have up to 19 slots to put such containers in (2 stashes + 3 on our "person").

7) Strange overlap on players searching the same object: because I'm playing with a 20-level mismatch, it takes for-EVER to search a body -- and if character 1 starts first, the body disappears long before character 2 is done searching. We don't see that the other person is searching the same body, nor does the "searching effect" go away if the body disappears...

Now Trickster sleight-of-hand fun:

8) Sleight of Hand (SoH) can target totems. I don't know why one would bother because it doesn't matter how angry the totem is... "Ha, ha, made you look!"

9) SoH on Will o Wisps has the effect of causing other Will o Wisps to tag team the target? Some type of hive mind thing going? I mean, they're shooting through walls from the next cave at the poor sucker -- often another Will o Wisp than the one I targeted. So targeting one will-o-wisp seems to cause a local mini-war in itself.

10) SoH on Torvah Shamans fighting their own kind -- no fire animation, no apparent damage to the target. So they'll sit there forever pointing their fingers at each other, stomping, and looking cross but that's it.

11) SoH on Corpse Fire fighting their own kind - similar no apparent damage, but there's a full attack animation.

12) SoH on Dark Elf mages fighting their own kind - fire attack doesn't harm, but the ice storms do, so they eventually get tired of ineffectually trying to immolate each other and instead freeze each other to death.

(By no damage I mean their health bars don't even appear and they don't seem to ever die. Also, in these cases, if they choose to attack another species they go full-fire from what I can tell, but much of the time I'm running around trying to keep from being discovered.)

13) SoH: No experience for causing fights that result in critter death, no credits on kills for Kill X Monster quests, and I did turn on the invisible option "PlayerGetsCreditForAllKills" which seems to have no effect.

Hunter/Trickster combo weirdness....

14) Are Stealth & Light Touch additive? i.e. does Light Touch make it less likely that a Stealthed trickster will be noticed? I can't tell. One would think so, it's the whole reason I created that hybrid... LOL

15) May be a feature: If I stand a whole corridor away, and cast Immolation Trap (hunter) all the way over there out of sight, over the walls, and hurt creatures, it seems to effect my chances of remaining stealthed &/or Light Touched by anyone who got hurt. There are explosives & traps everywhere in the dungeons, so what makes them think it's some nearly invisible human who might round the corner within the next couple minutes?

16) Is stealth supposed to toggle? (because it does) Do you need to toggle Stealth off on purpose to get the attack benefit? I see no benefit to a toggle unless there's a reason to ever purposefully come out of stealth, otherwise it's confusing and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to toggle -- I only discovered it by accident anyway. Testing out toggling before attacking didn't seem to have any bonuses over simply attacking or being "discovered" then attacking.

17) Left click attacks with a bow while stealthed. The skill description says you won't attack if you left-click. Not sure but I think left click also attacks with melee weapons. Change the description?

18) Graphic oddness: Bows with glowing effect leave "Trails" or spotlights if you turn multiple times quickly. Sometimes the effect looks like an "aiming lazer" and it goes out quite far from the character. {happens most when moving very fast and turning a lot. If the effect is on-purpose it's counter-intuitive because it always goes in the direction you're turning, or in front of you if you're going straight -- like it knows where you're about to go, opposite to wind resistance.} Best examples are with Sprint (or haste effects) enabled.

I also get a dot (same effect, only it actually appears behind the character) when I've just come through a gate.

See the image collage.

Manumitted
02-09-2011, 01:22 AM
1. A gate at the end of a one-square-wide corridor responded to an unlucky random overplacement of the incoming PC by relocating itself through the wall and 50% of the level away instead of relocating itself or the PC one square down the corridor.
2. Unique mobs of a given species do not get credit as a mob of that species for uprising quest purposes.
3. Events that happen immediately upon load of a completed town, before I dismiss the Town Complete popup, are listed in the log as happening at 00:00:00 instead of the proper time.
4. Petrified Plaguebringers still outgas upon their death.
5. Nefarious Plans can drop with an unreasonable level requirement to read them. I got one set that was +10 to both the town level and my PC's level at the time. Forced fail there.
6. Pixies/Big Sisters are referred to as male in quest descriptions.
7. Opening the stash and inventory together gets very messy once 3 containers stop fitting in a column. Only 11 rows of items presently fit on a 1280x960 display. Scaling the icons to 3/4 (54 pixels) instead of the present 8/9 (64 pixels) should make 12 rows / 3 containers fit with minimal quality loss. The bottom bar might need to be scaled to 8/9 or 3/4 to fit on a 1024x768 screen.

Shadow
02-09-2011, 11:48 AM
14) Are Stealth & Light Touch additive? i.e. does Light Touch make it less likely that a Stealthed trickster will be noticed? I can't tell. One would think so, it's the whole reason I created that hybrid... LOL

I believe the effects do stack, but I'm not sure you'll ever notice the difference.

Crisses
02-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Here's the latest quirks I've noticed:

1) The "X has Plans to Raid Town" quest comes up on Low Stress
2) another quest has "in pending ___ town attack" (creature's name) language and comes up on Low Stress
3) When DPS weapon's damage is calculated (and displayed in big yellow type) should it include elemental/magic damage?
4) When stealthed, I get a surprise penalty for using Immolation Trap on doors (even around corners) -- so I'm completely out of sight, but the door makes pounding noises and people "know I'm there"
5) Items tell me there is a 0% chance I'm correct, and a 0% chance to dispel, but tell me what the effect is and nothing is triggered. I have +Dispel Trap items. Should they be calculated into the displayed "chance" that I'm correct and that I'll dispel? (the dungeon is 10 levels above mine, and traps on objects rarely if ever go off...so I think 0% is innaccurate.)
6) The indicator for viewing labels for items on the ground has disappeared from the mini-menu. I have no way to tell whether it's toggled on/off unless there's labeled items on the playing area.
7) A victim, while being "rescued" ran forward and helped me kill a monster (great!), then "Teleported" back to her waiting spot -- if she could do that, she should just go home ;)
8) Could there be an indicator in the main gate level list for which level(s) have a soulstone waiting for you?
9) The new "bag" help message came up even though I had told the system to turn off the help system.
10) A breeding death makes a very bad pet. When it spawns children, they're not pets of mine. They attack their mommy. At the very least, perhaps a hate adjustment is in order?

Crisses
02-13-2011, 04:46 PM
I played around much more extensively with Slight of Hand (appx level 10 stealth / level 4 slight of hand) -- and I checked whether a necromancer with the same creatures as pets has problems with them not being able to attack the same species (no problem on Raised critters attacking their own kind - just on the sleight-of-hand critters, so this might be a faction & ranged attack issue).

I found a WHOLE lot of dark elf priests and used slight of hand on ALL of them (that's the screen shot -- after they'd been at it for a few minutes, none of them hurt, no spells being shot out at each other). Here's some of what I found, and it holds true even when I walk away and come back after several minutes in nearby areas or other levels of the dungeon:

If I target torvah shamans or dark elf priests and they choose to "Hate" one of their own kind, they will make all the moves of attacking, but the other critter does not even realize they've been targeted. They won't attack back -- so they never get damaged (no damage bar appears, and the victim has reaction to the attempted attacks, they'll keep pacing or whatever they're doing). So I eventually targeted ALL of the dark elves in the big group so I could get a picture where they're all trying to attack one another without effect.

The dark elves might choose a target on the other side of an obstacle -- say a group of barrels. They will beat up the barrels just fine, but then commence their ineffectual gesticulating at their target. Eventually I came back and only 2 barrels were left, but all the elves were still trying to attack each other.

Dark elf mages are only effectual with ice storms -- the group I targeted in the screen shot is a group of priests, so they don't have that area-effect spell --so I went on to other levels testing out other stuff, came back and they were still standing around attempting to kill each other (without most of the barrels).

They do attack other species just fine -- but I've notices a tendency to target their own species even when other critters are around nearby. To be effective, I usually end up having to target the OTHER species to instigate the attack against the torvah shaman &/or dark elf. This could easily just be random coincidence.

I can continue to look for critters with ranged attacks (to see if it's just spells/skills, if it happens with bows, and whether it's just these species), but these two happen to be pretty common species to run into. I think I may have seen this with Skeleton Archers too -- I'll have to find some and muck around with them. I'll take suggestions of other species with ranged attacks to try this out on, if I can find them. I guess I could try lamias, orc shamans, skeletons, breeding deaths etc.

I'm not sure what other instances cause intra-clan wars, so I'm not sure where this glitch rates in the larger scheme of things.

Bluddy
02-16-2011, 05:52 AM
That way, one wouldn't have to click the "Talk" button endlessly in hopes that the important piece of information will eventually turn up again... because most of the time, it won't.

These bots are so funny. They'll need some AI though to start writing properly.

Tar Palantir
02-17-2011, 05:55 PM
i'm not sure if it is just by chance because it happened a few times: stepping on the small circle formed by little stars teleported me on the exact same spot I was standing on rather that a random location of the dungeon level I was in then (which if i'm not mistaken is what should happen)

DeathKnight1728
02-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Some guy named eilark was banished twice. And after getting banished 2 times, then he decided to go renegade. The evidence papers were there for 4 seconds, right before i could grab them. I took a screenshot but it wont load on the forum. It states-Eilark was caught poisoning the food supply. Eilark was caught poisoning the water supply. Eilark was banished from town. Eilark (weaponsmith) left town unhappy.Eilark was banished from town. Eilark has gone renegade.

He was basically banished twice.

Manumitted
02-21-2011, 02:47 AM
1. In town, the mouse focus stays on the last person whom I clicked, instead of automatically returning to me, once I end the conversation. This causes a subsequent healing spell cast on "me" to seem not to work. So my previous report about Greater Heal only sometimes working in town was probably the result of this bug.
2. Spiders have a strange habit of turning their back on me after pouncing (if they live long enough...), even with no other mobs nearby, though their web attack is performed from a position facing me and their fangs are in the front. What is this, a game of Mob Tag, guest-starring Jeff Vogel's GIFTS? "Hi, you're cute! Tag! Chase me!"
3. In-progress sounds continue playing while the game is paused.
4. Being able to Whirlwind a bow makes no sense. These aren't heat-seeking guided arrows here.
5. Item quality "of saint" should be either "of the saint" or "of saintliness."
6. One unique Shadow is named Shadow5bUnique and thus needs a real name.

Manumitted
03-01-2011, 11:37 PM
1. Thorn the Elite Bowyer's intro reads in part "I new person" instead of "A new person."
2. Some of the town designs stick the two stash chests unduly close to each other, making it hard to click the one that I want. These designs generally also put honorary statues extra-close to the chests, magnifying the problem. Maintaining the standard stash chest separation would be good.
3. Slayer monsters often generate two quests, one from the warmaster to kill a unique mob and the other from Din to kill an unnamed slayer, one and the same mob as the warmaster's. This double-dipping on quest credit is nice but not very logical.
4. A slayer died before I ever visited his dunjon level and with no news to that point from his level. Thanks for the free 3.7K/1.8K XP/RP, mobs.
5. Kidnapped vendors still appear as dots on the full-screen town map.
6. If a gambler offers identical bet quests, each appropriate kill counts toward each bet.
7. In more than one dunjon, I killed a purple boss mob on L1, but no townie or dunjon inhabitant would give me quest credit for it. The end-of-town summary then sometimes said I had won every quest.
8. I failed a rescue quest just barely, killed every mob standing around the freshly deceased, and had his ghost ask me to kill the "responsible" unique mob who was 1. nowhere in the vicinity and 2. killed by me on the next level up a couple of minutes ago.
9. Stunned spiders may still pounce.
10. In town creation, difficulty level does not default to the one which would put the Hard, Normal, Easy level marks within the selectable town level range.
11. Mobs with Thorns can hurt a Thunderbolt caster at range.

Jack67
03-05-2011, 08:03 PM
I have a map that apparently has an invisible wall blocking the only hallway that allows me deeper access. Would you like the save game? I have it saved with the character against the invisible barrier. If so, which file do you need?

Edit: Found the files, zipped and attached.

Aet
03-07-2011, 01:08 AM
I have a map that apparently has an invisible wall blocking the only hallway that allows me deeper access. Would you like the save game? I have it saved with the character against the invisible barrier. If so, which file do you need?

Have you tried some kind of area of effect attack/spell there? Usually I've found impassable emptiness is actually a lazy zombie. Hitting'em generally motivates'em.

As for bugs, I just joined a multiplayer game of someone else's with a character that had last been on dungeon level 4 of a solo game. She spawned in the midst of a horde of monsters on the fourth level of this dungeon instead of in town as all new joiners should.

Crisses
03-07-2011, 08:10 AM
As for bugs, I just joined a multiplayer game of someone else's with a character that had last been on dungeon level 4 of a solo game. She spawned in the midst of a horde of monsters on the fourth level of this dungeon instead of in town as all new joiners should.

If they created the multiplayer game, then maybe they didn't start a new town? i.e. your single-player town IS the same town you get if you choose to continue in multiplayer.

Aet
03-07-2011, 11:09 AM
If they created the multiplayer game, then maybe they didn't start a new town? i.e. your single-player town IS the same town you get if you choose to continue in multiplayer.

It wasn't my character's game though; it was theirs. Shouldn't matter if they resume their solo game as a multiplayer one - anyone else joining it should still start in town. My character had been busy doing solo dungeons for awhile, then up and joined someone else's multiplayer game and found myself down in their dungeon on the initial join.

Jack67
03-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Have you tried some kind of area of effect attack/spell there? Usually I've found impassable emptiness is actually a lazy zombie. Hitting'em generally motivates'em.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Edit: That was it. Thanks.

Cadfan
03-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Hey, I'm back!

Several npcs or locations have been named ##2##

Boss on level 6, possibly doesn't exist. Or else there's a really, really, really well hidden secret door.

It isn't clear how to solve hunger quests. They tell you to go somewhere and do something but really they just want you to feed/bribe the hungry person right away.

I think I saw a mismatch on the names involved in a hunger quest, but I'm not 100% on that one.

Tornado in town. What does it do? What do I do about it? It touches down every few seconds and never goes away.

Shadow
03-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Cadfan, what version are you playing?

Aet
03-11-2011, 10:29 PM
In hybrid creation mode, the Thief's Slice ability has some oddly-wrapped text (where the blue box I added is/just above it).

HotSake
03-15-2011, 06:34 AM
Hope this is the right place...

I just bought and downloaded Din's Curse and Demon War today, after reading Rock Paper Shotgun's excellent article about it. Unfortunately, the game crashes at the main menu either immediately or as soon as I click the mouse. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it a number of times, both with and without Demon War, with the same result.

If it helps, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit from a non-Administrator account after using the admin account to install. Is there anything I can do to give you more information that might help solve this issue?

edit: The installers are DinsCurse1022.exe and DCDemonWar1022.exe, so I have the latest version. The crash dump says it's a problem with atioglxx.dll, which some googling reveals is an OpenGL issue. I updated my video drivers and was able to avoid crashing as soon as the game loaded. However, after changing my display settings and attempting to apply the changes, the game crashed and is now back to crashing as soon as the menu loads (though it does load at the new resolution). Crash dump below:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DinsCurse.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4d5d47f0
Fault Module Name: atioglxx.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.14.10.10524
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d40a75b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00b1a775
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

edit again: SOLVED IT

After reading the manual, I spotted the bit about Triple Buffering causing some issues. I turned it off in the Catalyst Control Center, and the game now loads perfectly. Guess I should have RTFM.

Shadow
03-15-2011, 11:52 AM
edit again: SOLVED IT

After reading the manual, I spotted the bit about Triple Buffering causing some issues. I turned it off in the Catalyst Control Center, and the game now loads perfectly. Guess I should have RTFM.

Glad you got it working and thanks for posting the solution.

Cadfan
03-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Cadfan, what version are you playing?

I'm pretty sure it was 1.022. But I'm not 100% sure. I'll let you know if it keeps happening.

Manumitted
03-16-2011, 08:02 PM
1. Item characteristic "of godsend" needs an article: "of a/the godsend."
2. Friendly mobs seem vulnerable to my AOE spells cast at enemy mobs in their vicinity. I can't see any other way to understand how the two friendly Deathblow twins died fighting Klepto the Leprechaun, with my Fireballing PC to tank for them against the other boss, a wimpy naga who spent most of his time swiping at a lightning cone trap. My PC took maybe 200-300 HP damage during the fight, and any Champion-level boss has 5-10X that many HP. Surely, the single Goblin Fire Thrower in the area couldn't have done them in, either. Later on, a trivial fight that I joined at the end of a corridor depleted another friendly mob by 400 HP.
3. Acid and Magma traps cannot be disarmed when found singly on a container but can be disarmed when part of a multi-trap cluster tied to a lever. Pulling such a lever without enough TD invariably hits me with A&M, but getting the six TD XP awards from the lever never leaves me burning up.
4. Changelings do not always retain their morphed rank, if Champion or Elite, when returning to their true form. No hurry to fix this one.
5. Cave-ins and Thorns can sometimes be parried, blocked, etc.
6. Gamblers' items with the Worn spiderweb on them may or may not actually be Worn/high durability. Let's keep this gambling honest.
7. Mobs run faster and faster as their level rises, for no apparent reason but cheap-shotting. They don't need the speed on top of their ever-increasing one-shotting ability. Casters, rogues, and bowmen are squishy enough without this "nowhere to run, nowhere to hide" routine that only increases the existing necessity to build a glass cannon PC.
8. Shields have an unreasonable level prerequisite. Each shield tier gives only 15 more Defense than the last but requires 4-5 more levels. 15 Defense ceases to be meaningful once one's level is in double digits. Aside from the trivial extra Defense, shields are fairly rare loot with mostly poor enchantments, neither of which supports making them hard to use. A given "plus to all stats" armor piece takes 33-50% more levels to wear if it's a shield versus soft armor or a hard armor piece, assuming a moderate 2.5-3.5 STR/level equivalent for hard armor wearers.
9. The same townie was listed as being petrified twice at the beginning of a town, though it only took one quest to cure him. Later on, this Typhoid Mary also caught the plague. Weak sister!
10. Curing the plague in one town did not return food to its normal price, and no nefarious machines were present.
11. Fire-using mobs cannot set off gas leaks, though they can light up barrels, crates, and doors.
12. Large Backpack should be renamed Rucksack, in keeping with the *sack/pack theme. Pouch, bag, satchel, sack, knapsack, backpack, rucksack. Or maybe swap the last two.
13. The +Defense enchants on anything but shields are grossly too small. +15 is a big one, but 15 Defense stops mattering by L10. All of these, even the shield ones, could stand a doubling or tripling. Don't force every character to 250 DEX.
14. Spiders can pounce while pinned by a Fire Maelstrom. That takes the pounce error list to: through a door, while stunned, while pinned, and obstructing the landing square from the moment of takeoff.
15. Flame Wall (and presumably Frost Nova and Ice Storm) proc emanates from the PC, not the mob he just hit with his weapon. This makes FW/FN/IS bows effectively useless as to their proc.
16. Brujar's Manic bracers need a noun in their name. Were they supposed to be Brujar's Maniac?
17. A Spawn trap on a money chest near the room's wall failed to gate in any mobs when activated. The rest of the freshly cleared level was still devoid of mobs afterward, so they didn't get teleported elsewhere after possibly being materialized inside a wall.
18. Shankar's Flail is not a flail but rather a 2h mace, and a slow type 2h mace at that. Why not rename it Shankar's Slammer / Squasher?
19. Non-aggressive mob species should not count as mobs for purposes of Enemies Too Close. It is entirely possible for a totem or gate to be located out of my line of fire, but close enough for a vendor to block the corridor with ETC, yet far enough that the stupid vendor doesn't bother attacking it. It is even possible to use Switch Places to box one's self in between two such vendors, getting trapped forever, absent wasting a Teleport Stone, leaving/abandoning the town, or having some non-LOS attack capable of reaching the passive mob. All of this could also be solved by implementing my earlier suggestion to remove the ETC failure mode in favor of graying out all conversation options but Switch Places and Never Mind when mobs are near.

shafk
03-18-2011, 09:34 PM
New Bug found in Beta Patch 1.023 A Machine appears to have been created in the NW quadrant of the town beside the tower. (See attached Picture)

Arjun123
03-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Shafk, I have encountered towns that have constructed "light machines," which presumably is the opposite of a darkness machine. Perhaps this is one of them?

Maledictus
03-19-2011, 08:28 PM
- The icon for donation bliss is the same as the inhibit magic (from the blue radiating pools) status icon (intentional?).
- wording problem, see screenshot.

I should mention I'm still on 1.022, so these things may have been fixed in 023.

Valgor
03-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Since Shankar's Flail got fixed, I might as well mention Sven's Falchion, which is not a falchion, but a war sword.
I guess this should be changed; especially since Sven already has a proper war sword in his arsenal.

Shafk, Arjun123 : Yes, that's a Brightness Machine, and it counteracts the effects of a Darkness Machine.

Valgor
03-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Seems like there's invisible walls in this dungeon... they appear on the mini-map, though.
It doesn't seem to be a bug with the mapping; the walls are really there (i.e. the PC can't walk across the tiles where they're supposed to be).

This happened after dispelling an illusionary wall, save/exiting the game and then coming back to this dungeon level.
There were several places like this further down the same corridor, and all had previously been blocked off by illusionary walls.

Shadow
03-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Seems like there's invisible walls in this dungeon... they appear on the mini-map, though.
It doesn't seem to be a bug with the mapping; the walls are really there (i.e. the PC can't walk across the tiles where they're supposed to be).

Do you have a save game for this still?

Valgor
03-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Unfortunately, no.
I just loaded up the character again to check if the invisible walls were still there, but it seems they're gone now. Weird stuff...
Would you like the character's map files anyway?

Shadow
03-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Unfortunately, no.
I just loaded up the character again to check if the invisible walls were still there, but it seems they're gone now. Weird stuff...
Would you like the character's map files anyway?

No, if your not seeing the problem I don't think it would help.

Valgor
03-22-2011, 01:52 PM
I guess I'll send you the character's files anyway, since he's now stuck in the current town. All mandatory quests solved, but the town's still not saved.

Maybe it's got something to do with a barbarian raiding party killing my warmaster just as I was about to hand in the last mandatory quest.
The new warmaster let me solve it eventually, but while I was waiting for the apothecary to find a candidate, a new mandatory quest popped up (I think it was a lost shipment),
and the town wasn't saved after completing that one either...

Edit :
While going through the dungeon once more to make sure I didn't miss anything,
I came across more invisible walls in a previously unexplored area on level 6 (a long corridor, top-left part of the map).

Purgis
03-26-2011, 04:07 AM
Not sure if this is posted but having had problems completing quests with same drop on different quests since I installed Beta Patch 1.023. If both quests have same drop then the other quest seems to bug not giving (not enough mobs spawning) the drop (especially if these quests are on different levels).

Annoying until realize this that need to complete both quests on the other level...

Simple check for not having identical questdrops for more than one quest would propably fix this.

Manumitted
04-03-2011, 03:41 PM
1. Leprechaun Licker ax has a rather... suggestive name. How about renaming it Leprechaun Lasher? Still kinky, but less obvious.
2. If I start opening a trapped chest, trigger the trap, and run away before the chest opens, the expended trap will still be listed on the chest's tooltip when I return.
3. It's been mentioned in other threads, but for completeness, gas leaks are considered a Magical Explosion trap instead of a Fire Explosion trap. Methane is not magic.
4. Several L50+ Cauldrons have been empty, though the game has never had a problem with giving me food beyond my ability to consume, right up to +20 to my level Roast Boar.
5. Mobs will walk right into a Fire Maelstrom or Tornado to pursue me. Thanks for the death wish, guys.
6. Treasure Maps and presumably Plans/Rescue Notes can be read while in the middle of an item ID without aborting the ID.
7. Clicking the town-completed icon during an item ID both crashed the game at the start of the next town and corrupted the character file, crashing the game upon every subsequent reload/new town creation. This is why we keep plenty of backups.
8. For some reasons, Shankar's Fur Coat is not part of Shankar's Set and also listed as cloth armor. Furs are leather.
9. I gated back to town just as a Horror cast Ice Storm, and the storm followed me back. Hopefully, this was fixed in 1.018 with the new LOS requirement for Horror casting.
10. Wampir Wacker ax should be Wampir Whacker.
11. A Retrieve Info quest for a smith gave me neither the promised random armor reward nor the chance to buy the finished unique, Hellforged Cuirass, from him.
12. The Enemies Too Close check for rescuing someone ignores "trivial" obstacles like solid walls, still-active illusion walls, and 15 seconds of running between the sheep and the mobs. Beeline distance is its only criterion. Very frustrating, especially with a fast-respawning level full of powerful mobs. Why not pathfind between the "too close" mobs and the sheep, overriding the Too Close error if all the mobs can't reach the sheep, are 3+ seconds away, or are unaware of the sheep?

Arjun123
04-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Here's several more, which may have been reported before, but evidently have not been corrected yet (as of DW beta v. 1.23):

1. I recently triggered a pit trap and fell down several levels, ending up in a tiny space about the size of my character, completely surrounded by walls. There were no secret doors, and fortunately my teleport stone was charged, enabling me to escape this pit of doom. It is conceivable that a pit trap may be simply an inescapable, so this isn't necessarily a bug. But if this is not corrected, perhaps it should result in death for characters who don't have charged teleport stone. I have no idea how one would escape such a pit without one, short of abandoning the town.
ble pit
2. Shortly after killing two bosses in Crystal Caverns lv. 3, I was informed that both of them were spotted again on the same level. So I had to kill them both twice. This actually was amusing, so I don't necessarily recommend that this be changed. But perhaps the message might be changed, reading instead: "Soulpoison has resurrected Slog on level 3." Perhaps this possibility could be blocked if either a Hunter cooks the monster, or a Necromancer raises it.

Shadow
04-07-2011, 06:23 PM
1. I recently triggered a pit trap and fell down several levels, ending up in a tiny space about the size of my character, completely surrounded by walls.

Do you happen to remember which dungeon or cave this was in?

Arjun123
04-08-2011, 12:58 AM
Do you happen to remember which dungeon or cave this was in?

It was also in Crystal Caverns.

Arjun123
04-09-2011, 05:13 PM
My defender/fire mage was slogging through a particularly challenging dungeon, trying to find the boss whose slaying would fulfill Din's Quest for Freedom. A townsperson also gave me a quest to slay the same boss in revenge for a relative's death. Unfortunately, a particularly nasty invasion occurred when I was deep in the dungeon sans teleport stone, and before I could get back to town several townsfolk were killed, including the one who gave me the revenge quest. Strangely, his death invalidated not only the quest he gave me, but also Din's Quest for Freedom, which makes no sense, since the quests are related only by their common aim, the killing of the boss who was still alive. It seems that there must be some bug in how interrelated quests are dealt with if one of them is failed. I guess it won't be possible to achieve freedom in this town!

Shadow
04-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Yeah, that sounds like a cleanup bug. You should be able to get a new freedom quest in the next town.

Caal
04-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Couple of minor items - the suffix "of Religon" (SpiritModifierName7) should probably be "of Religion", and if you play between midnight and 1AM the on-screen clock will show 0:mm and not 12:mm.

Maledictus
04-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Am I correct in seeing that shields have no durability? So armor/weapons degrade but shields don't? Feels like an omission to me, but perhaps it is done for a specific reason.

Erevos
04-12-2011, 04:23 PM
i have two issue's... i have Demon War 1.23, im right clicking on an empty vial then left clicking on the liquid and im loosing the vial from inventory, it dissapears...

i have the last quest, to destroy a fog machine at lvl 8, and its nt there, i've opened a secret door, nothing there, i've searched for another, it hasnt, i saved & exit still i cant find it, i dont wanna abandon the town cause its the last quest...

any tip?

Shadow
04-12-2011, 05:52 PM
i have two issue's... i have Demon War 1.23, im right clicking on an empty vial then left clicking on the liquid and im loosing the vial from inventory, it dissapears...

i have the last quest, to destroy a fog machine at lvl 8, and its nt there, i've opened a secret door, nothing there, i've searched for another, it hasnt, i saved & exit still i cant find it, i dont wanna abandon the town cause its the last quest...

The vial should disappear, but you should be getting a new item. It won't necessarily be in the same slot though.

Usually things are behind secret doors somewhere. You could post your save game and someone could probably find it.

Erevos
04-12-2011, 06:28 PM
The vial should disappear, but you should be getting a new item. It won't necessarily be in the same slot though.

Usually things are behind secret doors somewhere. You could post your save game and someone could probably find it.

ah ok i will recheck for the vial.

well i've searched every possible wall... i will check again...

Manumitted
04-13-2011, 12:58 AM
1. Special hit types never occur with containers and doors. The lack of Deep Wounds and Stunning Blows is understandable, but the lack of Critical Hits and Crushing Blows is not. You mean to tell me a crate is harder to crush than a stony golem or a 20-foot-tall demon from the pits of hell?
2. The PC grunts in pain upon being near a cave-in, even if he takes no damage from the rocks and even if nothing touches him at all. Brave little toaster.
3. A Greater Ice Elemental shot his ice beam at a crack in the dunjon floor for no detectable reason. No other mobs were around, and he wasn't aware of me.
4. Midway through building a recon totem, boss Carnage Eater paused to build an earthquake machine and an evil gate, starting an uprising at the same time, each event on a separate level, all three events at once. Busy little corpse-eating beaver, isn't he? How can he do all that without finishing the recon totem at the same time?
5. Crystal and Obsidian should not be allowable enchants for Legendary items. No self-destructing item like that would ever last long enough to become legendary.
6. Whatever its state of wear, Crystal and Obsidian gear always sells back for the same price as if it had 100% durability. No hurry to fix this one.
7. One dunjon level of a certain character's current town always has the same destination for Teleporter traps, the SE corner of the W doored room. I have an archived save with this situation cued up if you want it.
8. Contrary to a previous bug report of mine, the next time I used an Altar of Summoning while already possessing a pet, I got a second pet. So why didn't I get anything the first time I tried this?

Bluddy
04-13-2011, 04:56 AM
Minor issue: barkskin appears twice in the statusEffects.gdb file.

Maledictus
04-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Ran into Kora the ring vendor in one of the dungeons, but she had no rings for sale at all. Only the 4 common items in the top row were there, the rest of her bag was empty. Char level 31, no mods.

Arjun123
04-19-2011, 12:50 AM
I've also frequently encountered vendors in dungeons with no items. Most frustratingly, they are usually the vendors of rare items, such as jewelers, shoe or bag vendors, or peddlers of elite wares.

Valgor
04-19-2011, 09:34 AM
There's a magic modifier for ego items that increases the damage dealt to all demon-type monsters. However, it doesn't factor in the Demon War exclusive ones...

Also, it should be "Carnivorous Caves" instead of "Carniverous".

Valgor
04-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Another interesting occurence :

I've just come across a room in the Carnivorous Caves that was both two Lesser Prisons and a Lesser Torture Room at the same time.
The way in was, of course, barred by a merged trio of doors which all had to be opened individually. The screenshot was taken after the fact.

Manumitted
04-23-2011, 03:04 PM
1. Game does not autosave while paused. It should autosave once for each pause.
2. Holy Shield obelisk buff does not prevent being iced down (slowed).
3. Upon two consecutive trips back to town with a Dark Elf summon in tow, Poochie died on the way back to his home planet. Neither Dark Elf made it to town, nor was he waiting for me back on the level that I had left. Still a third Dark Elf bit the dust on his second trip back to town with me. The townies, they really hate Dark Elves. This never happens with other species.
4. Unique item Frostbite is both a plate mail shoulder and a 2h sword. One of them should be renamed to reduce confusion.
5. Item characteristic "of Stamina" is used both for a powerful VIT enchant and a minimal Stamina enchant. Perhaps rename the latter "of Wind."
6. Item characteristic "of Illuminati" should be "of the Illuminati."
7. Several more Spawn traps have failed to gate in any mobs when triggered.
8. The Caltrops trap affects Horrors and Death Knights, who have no feet to hobble.
9. Opened doors can still be lit on fire before they fade out. If then lit, the entire doorway is covered in flames. Neither result makes much sense.

ETA: The same town that hates Dark Elves also hates Horrors. My latest Horror summon vanished upon its first trip to town.

Manumitted
05-04-2011, 03:13 PM
1. The chest opening process continues even if the PC gets stunned during it.
2. The item identifying process continues even if the PC gets stunned during it.
3. Fire Shield's damage appears to be physical, not fire-based. The FS description also misrepresents the damage as constant instead of the scaled-down normal damage roll that it seems to be.
4. The NPCs' various "Hello, stranger" greetings should only be displayed once. They particularly should not be displayed after I save the town!
5. Possessing the Cooking skill makes it very hard to target the next mob in a clump after I kill the first one. Targeting priority should be given to living, dangerous creatures over corpses. Targeting a corpse for cooking beyond hand-to-hand range should not be possible at all. Targeting inedible "corpses" for cooking should not be possible, either.
6. The Cooking skill can make long-dying mob species vanish in midair.
7. Item characteristic "of Force" is shared by both MP and STR enchantments. One should be renamed to reduce confusion.

Roswitha
05-06-2011, 02:42 AM
I ran across a boss called Vengence. Should be Vengeance.

Bluddy
05-25-2011, 03:39 PM
My warmaster and apothecary kept on fighting while I was in the dungeon. I popped out and went to them to try straighten out the mess. I started talking to the warmaster, right as they stopped fighting. The apothecary was low on health. Suddenly I was bombarded with about 12 messages about them fighting (even though no actual fighting occurred), and the apothecary died on the spot without being hit. I also got experience somehow -- enough to level up.

Caal
05-25-2011, 08:38 PM
A text bug (1.024)

Bluddy
05-26-2011, 03:45 AM
1. I don't know if this is sometimes or all the time, but the rarity of mobs doesn't get saved, at least not in a displayable way. Exit near an elite/champion mob and when you come back, they'll appear to be regular mobs, except they'll still have the status effects and stats of the higher rarities.

EDIT: there should probably be a tip about using Alt to close doors. It's a good way to hold off monsters for a little while.

2. We can close doors in the dungeon using alt, which is awesome. For some reason though, the animation for closing doors doesn't play even though each door type has a door closing animation and sound. When you close a door, it just jumps to the closed state. It's a waste of resources and it doesn't look good, especially for the portcullis.

Bluddy
05-26-2011, 04:40 AM
As of version 0.24, the starving quests still trigger at the same time. I really can't tell why that is from the files, but NPCs who start out with no money or a debt will trigger their starvation quests simultaneously. Perhaps they're all using the same random seed?

Also I figured out the leprechaun's commands. StartingMoneyMult 1.0 appears to multiply the amount that the leprechaun stole from you (though it's not exactly x2. Not sure why). Was this intended? It turns the leprechaun into a joke. It's actually a good strategy to LET the leprechaun steal from you so you can make a whole lot more money. It's the best investment strategy in the game. If anything, it'd be better if some of the money he stole was lost no matter what (a negative multiplier), but the minimum for StartingMoneyMult seems to be 0. At the very least I think you should only be able to get back the same amount of money that was stolen (multiplier of 0).

Caal
05-30-2011, 11:15 AM
The spiced cider drink should be using the spiced cider icon instead of the spiced wine icon.

Caal
06-09-2011, 08:19 PM
A townie gave me a fetch quest, and while the task was partially completed, he starved and died, but the quest did not fail, and needed to be manually deleted.

Bluddy
06-24-2011, 02:23 AM
The reaver's fire strike may be bugged but I'm not 100% sure. He uses a fire projectile, but the multiplier that's increased is physical.

Wakuseino
06-25-2011, 07:06 PM
So, I have been given a "find out who's plotting to destroy the town" quest. The problem of course, is that before I could start the quest, I went around completing quests, and one of the townspeople turned Renegade.

Now, since I've been through the town about 3 times, I'm fairly sure that the evidence vanished since the guy went renegade.

I have learned my lesson. The next time I do these quests, I will hunt down those papers before doing anything. Still, it would be nice if it Obsoleted itself once the evidence ceased to exist.

Caal
06-26-2011, 08:10 PM
While I was in the process of giving money to a starving townie, he starved to death. Despite being dead, he continued to accept my donations. Apparently you *can* take it with you. :D

Edit: In general, it looks like if a townie gives you a quest, and subsequently starves to death, the quest does not fail.

Caal
07-16-2011, 05:52 PM
My character is a warlock hybrid that has furies as pets. I then bought another fury from the beastmaster. After one of the summoned furies died, I could not summon another one since the purchased fury was now counting against the maximum number of summoned furies.

Manumitted
08-01-2011, 01:58 PM
1. Saving and quitting cancels all status effects. Which is mighty handy if you're under a Deep Wounds or other DOT death sentence, having used both food and healing potion to no avail.
2. Skills and spells still on cooldown can be re-used if the time needed for their activation / casting exceeds the remaining cooldown duration. Seen with casting Strength of Stone (3 second cast) 1-2 seconds before its cooldown expired.
3. Only one arrow per bow is allowed onscreen at a time, regardless of the bow's actual ROF. This can considerably reduce effective DPS for a fast bow or a hasted PC, especially at useful / safe bow ranges.
4. Mobs do not have to obey the proper timing on skills also available to the player. Often, an orc will swing at me, then drop caltrops 0.5 second later in his last 0.4 seconds of life.
5. High-ranking mobs' characteristics pay no heed to the nature of the mob nor its other characteristics. I've seen a Super Boss caster with Berserker and Strength (melee-only attributes) on top of Defender (oxymoron with Berserker). Say goodnight, Gracie.
6. Every attempt to equip something results in that object's characteristic equip noise, regardless whether the attempt succeeded or failed. A failure noise ought to play for failed equips.
7. Monsters are far more likely to run at the PC because of indirect environmental-induced damage caused by the PC than from the PC's direct ranged or spell attacks. The reverse situation would make more sense.
8. Unlike other money drops, Leprechauns' pot o' gold does not scale with the PC's level, making it effectively worthless by the second difficulty level. The standard Leprechaun 2.25 SP don't go too far by L25. I'm getting ordinary mobs to drop 4x that much by the third difficulty with just 200% Money Find.
9. Totems can lend their aura to cave-in debris. Seen with Dark Elf totem.
10. A War With... quest did not cause its just-cleared level to respawn immediately. When it did respawn, the target mob species was not present on repeated respawns across multiple game loads. Neither of those omissions should have happened, especially on a mandatory quest. It took around 12 respawns across half a dozen game loads before the target species finally reappeared.
11. Fire Elemental Maul is not a maul, but a cudgel.
12. Monster Heal and Self Fear procs, plus Ego weapons of Friends, do not count as a curse to lower item requirements, but they are all curses.
13. If one uses the town gate while the game is paused, one may re-click the gate menu after arrival in the dunjon to go directly to another level.
14. Spiced Cider and Spiced Wine seem to use the same icon. Perhaps use a palette swap on the liquid for one? Cider is rarely wine-red.
15. Picking up mob-dropped or container-dropped items while identifying something does not abort the ID, but picking up lever-dropped items does abort the ID.
16. Character facing can be changed while stunned.
17. One dunjon level had two Ragestorm bosses in the same room. Though only briefly. Then it had zero.
18. If one is attacking continuously with the mouse button down during an earthquake, one's target usually switches to the ground in the area of the earthquake, assuming a bow or sufficiently close earthquake for a melee weapon. An HP bar is displayed with a blank title for this "target." Seen with a bow and a right-click attack.
19. Unique weapons with a proc lose their proc, complete with reduced listed value, when moved into an inventory or weapon space with another proc weapon of any kind. The proc returns when the unique is moved into an inventory or weapon space that is empty or has any item but a proc weapon. The displacer/displacee item order does not matter, and random weapons with a proc are immune to losing their proc in this way. Exception: Degol's Stiletto neither loses its proc nor causes the other unique weapon to lose its proc, unless the other unique is another Degol's Stiletto. Seen first with Soulstripper staff.
20. Holding down right-click attack while close to a hazard often leads the PC to attack the hazard as an ersatz target after disposing of the mob. Seen with acid puddle.
21. Ranged-capable mobs hemmed in by destructible obstacles--how did they get in there, then?--prioritize shooting their way out of prison over shooting at the PC, though he/they can easily shoot over the obstacles. Evidently, burning themselves at the stake, as often results from this maneuver, is a higher priority than shooting at the PC, who can generally one-shot them.
22. Flying mobs cannot fly over short objects like barrels, crates, and mushrooms that can be shot over.
23. Elemental emitter traps (tower and cone) are eligible for Life Drain, though they presumably aren't alive.

Manumitted
08-01-2011, 02:04 PM
1. One Din chat from the Elite difficulty needs to change "hope" to "hopes."
2. One Din chat from the Legend difficulty needs to change "you're" to "your" and "destinity" to "destiny."
3. One TownPerson chat needs to change "it was" to "they were" and "ruiness" to "ruinous."
4. One GeneralSimpleTip needs to pluralize "chest."
5. GeneralLore 38 needs to change "know" to "knows." "None" is a contraction of "not one" or "no one."
6. GeneralLore 40 needs to change "of the" to "over the."
7. GeneralMonsterHints 13 needs to add "with" in the middle of "burn electricity" and delete the comma.
8. GeneralMonsterHints 14 needs to change "There" to "They."
9. GeneralMonsterHints 24 needs to be rewritten entirely to "Though undead are usually mindless, liches retain the cunning they had in life." or something similar.
10. GeneralMonsterHints 32 needs to change "viscous" to "vicious" and delete the comma.
11. GeneralMonsterHints 41 needs to change "spread" to "spreading."
12. GenericFoundUniqueItemChat3 needs to change "their hands on" to "to keep." The enemies already had the unique item in their possession, after all.
13. Arilynvia's Bless jewelry needs to be Blessing.
14. "Eye for an eye" jewelry needs to be "Eye for an Eye" to match the propercasing on other multiword jewelry.
15. Lumen NPCs are eligible to give the demihuman-hating GeneralLore2 & 3 conversation blurbs. Self-hating much?

Manumitted
08-13-2011, 04:43 PM
1. Apparently no part of the Curse trap other than -STR gets applied to the PC's derived statistics. His HP, MP, resists, ATK, and DEF never change. Only his damage changes.
2. Mobs often suffer from ADHD and turn away from what they're fighting to more important tasks like bashing barrels--ideally explosive or poisonous ones--and chests. This happens especially often with a PC who has good Light Touch skill.
3. Ball Lightning spends most of its time shooting at door frames, corpses, and gas / steam leaks. The spell description claims it shoots at my enemies.
4. Ball Lightning cannot ignite a gas leak or oil/alcohol spill. Real life lightning starts fires all the time.
5. Ball Lightning, like wisps, shoots right through walls.
6. Steam leaks don't burn whoever touches them. This should be acute fire damage, no DOT.
7. Volcano traps don't burn whoever touches them. Only their magma spoor is dangerous.
8. Statues can get Deep Wounds.
9. The PC still gets the Surprise penalty if his proc is the thing that actually attacks the door/chest.

Bilian
08-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Din's Curse: Demon War 1.024.
Translation for a string CantUseForAnotherXSeconds is not showing. Some error maybe. Sorry for my English.

Manumitted
08-20-2011, 07:08 PM
1. Equipping a bow with a non-bow previous weapon causes the bow to be carried like a non-bow until its first shot or some usable object is used.
2. The Fire Weapon glow only covers the left half of a bow. Seen with Ironwood Composite Bow.
3. Holy Shield obelisk buff does not prevent acid damage to equipment.
4. Shankar's Set is mail armor. Unless the mage Shankar was a Mage/Warrior hybrid, he couldn't wear his own set!
5. Two separate monster wars in one town involved pairs of mob species that simply weren't present.
6. Lightning from a storm goes right through town roofs. C.F. Gauss would like a word with you.

Shadow
08-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Translation for a string CantUseForAnotherXSeconds is not showing. Some error maybe. Sorry for my English.

Are you playing with one of the translation mods and if so which language?

Bilian
08-24-2011, 02:52 PM
You may see this strange thing with any language that is available for this game, with German mod from the site, for example. There is translation for this string in global.trn but english text is still showing in the game.

Bluddy
11-10-2011, 05:28 PM
ColdImbued3 doesn't have the right values. Also, FireImbued1 is missing a WhenHitSkill.

ClassMonsterRogue seems to be missing in the game (it's present in DoP).

Bluddy
11-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Woah -- much worse than I thought. Almost every imbued skill is missing!

Shadow
11-16-2011, 10:05 AM
The ColdImbued3, FireImbued1, and ClassMonsterRogue are supposed to be like that.

I need to look at the missing imbue skills though, that part is really strange.

Bluddy
11-16-2011, 12:39 PM
The ColdImbued3, FireImbued1, and ClassMonsterRogue are supposed to be like that.

But ColdImbued3 has only 25-50% extraDamageCold while all the other imbued3 enhancements are at 75-150%. It's got the same extraDamage as ColdImbued1.

ClassMonsterRogue is supposed to be missing?

I need to look at the missing imbue skills though, that part is really strange.

I'm not sure they trigger even after I restored them. It's hard to check because I have to find a mob that's imbued (and not kill it long enough to notice), but it looks like they might not be working.

Shadow
11-16-2011, 02:15 PM
But ColdImbued3 has only 25-50% extraDamageCold while all the other imbued3 enhancements are at 75-150%. It's got the same extraDamage as ColdImbued1.

ClassMonsterRogue is supposed to be missing?

ColdImbued3 is suppose to have less damage bonus because the whenhitskill was pretty nasty, at least that was true when it was working.

Ok, never mind on the ClassMonsterRogue thing. I thought nothing used it but that's not true. I'll look at that also.

Bluddy
11-16-2011, 02:37 PM
I think this is why the Dark Elf Assassin is not that hard to hit. I believe he's the only one who uses the class. It's probably easier to switch him to classGeneric and just give him higher attack and defense bonuses -- something like 1.8.

Bluddy
11-16-2011, 03:03 PM
I've mentioned this on this thread before, but I'm curious as to why the animation for closing doors doesn't run. Clicking while holding alt on a door just has it jump to the closed state, but the animation is in the data files.

Shadow
11-16-2011, 06:37 PM
I've mentioned this on this thread before, but I'm curious as to why the animation for closing doors doesn't run. Clicking while holding alt on a door just has it jump to the closed state, but the animation is in the data files.

Because we don't have a door closing animation. :) I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to do but that's why.

Bluddy
11-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Because we don't have a door closing animation. :) I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to do but that's why.

Well, looking in dungdoor1.mdl, I see 'closing ruinset1_door1_closing.mda', and that file exists. There's even a sound wood_door_close.wav, though I'm not sure that sound is played.

Shadow
11-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Well, looking in dungdoor1.mdl, I see 'closing ruinset1_door1_closing.mda', and that file exists. There's even a sound wood_door_close.wav, though I'm not sure that sound is played.

The file exists but I think it is just the open animation file duplicated. I have no idea why we do that though. :)

Bluddy
11-17-2011, 11:58 AM
The file exists but I think it is just the open animation file duplicated. I have no idea why we do that though. :)

Oh you're right... that's disappointing ):

Is there any way to tell the code to play the opening animation backwards? That should make it much easier (and more feasible for the next patch) than actually animating every door/portcullis type closing. Something like a 'playBackwards' command.

Shadow
11-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Is there any way to tell the code to play the opening animation backwards? That should make it much easier (and more feasible for the next patch) than actually animating every door/portcullis type closing. Something like a 'playBackwards' command.

No there's not a play backwards command.

Bluddy
11-17-2011, 01:44 PM
No there's not a play backwards command.

But I think it would be easier to add that command for the next patch then to add in all the missing door animations, right? I mean you'd just start indexing at the end of the animation and go backwards.

Bluddy
12-02-2011, 11:33 AM
SkillDarkElfIceStorm is not marked as a spell.

SkillDemonDogAlert alerts the wrong faction (HellHounds).

Bluddy
12-02-2011, 12:14 PM
I think the TotalTime on monster skills isn't working properly if it's analogous to the way it works in regular skills. Necromancers and elf dark priests both have a TotalTime of 3.0, but they firing takes much less than 3 seconds -- they virtually flood you with their projectiles. It seems like they're firing as fast as their animation allows.

I think the result of this is that monsters like necros, shamans, basically everything that has projectile skills but no UseChance or ReuseTime never use their melee abilities even though they have the animations and their behavior stacks have melee. It's like they just get stuck in the projectile skill part of their stack.

Bluddy
12-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Is it possible the TotalTime in monsters/skills.gdb should be CastTime? It's CastTime in Kivi and DoP and in DC TotalTime has no effect.

EDIT: actually changing it to CastTime makes the mobs shoot much faster. Looks like you changed CastTime to TotalTime for skills, but the mage/shaman mobs no longer have the spell casting bar over them that they had in Kivi and DoP. It also seems like they shoot faster than they should compared to DoP and kivi. It doesn't look like shamans are waiting for 3 seconds to shoot.

Bluddy
01-17-2012, 01:39 PM
But I think it would be easier to add that command for the next patch then to add in all the missing door animations, right? I mean you'd just start indexing at the end of the animation and go backwards.

Just an update -- I was able to fill in the closing animations by simply editing the door animations, so there's no need for this addition.