PDA

View Full Version : DoP 2.0

O'Jorvic
07-04-2010, 01:43 PM
any chance of a sequel to depths of peril? it is such a great game! i love din's curse aswell. but dop just rocks.

Shadow
07-07-2010, 02:16 PM
I would like to do a sequel to DoP sometime. At the moment I don't know when that would be though.

O'Jorvic
07-07-2010, 04:10 PM
oh, i'd have loads of suggestions for a dop 2... :-)

i'd totally love the concept of barbarian houses competing against each other plus a "personal-vendetta" story-line for your character.

i.e. you create your own enemies as you go along - over and over again.
(like kicked-out-recruits that go renegade and in turn recruit their own monsters to attack jorvic and try to get YOU, because you kicked them out. or perhaps, monsters that got away in a failed quest assemble armies and attack jorvic)

then you would level up against the enemy to grow stronger before they arrive in force and try to take over the village.
other covenants will either join either you or the foe - but that is up to you as you negotiate and win them over to your side. resulting in an epic battle over the village.

you could also have a strong NPC's story line that leads other growing characters to confront your own hero. then, you'd have to chase them all over the known world.

trade and diplomacy could create a complex world not only between covenants but also between the lot of NPC's. (the armoursmith will give you better items, if he likes you... so you'd better butter them up.)

well, just ideas of course...