PDA

View Full Version : graphic problem

kattlecutter
07-26-2010, 08:36 AM
I have been playing Dins curse since the beta. It has always worked fine. Then overnight the graphics changed. I never touched any settings in the game or the computer. I noticed it first when I loaded the game. The two characters, the fighter and the monster, were both much smaller. When I went to the game, only the center of the screen was visible around my character. The visibility moved with the character, but anywhere I had been turned dark again as I moved away. Also nothing appears in the mini map anymore. Everything got smaller. When I go to the map, it is much smaller than before. Also, the descriptions above other characters and items is very high above them, if I zoom in too close I can no longer see the descriptions. Also, when zoomed in all the way, everything is still much smaller than before. I tried changing some of the options in the graphics settings, including screen resolution, but nothing changes. The game is not as much fun to play like this. Anyone know what happened?

Shadow
07-26-2010, 01:43 PM
It sounds like you patched the game and some of the assets were updated properly but the executable is still the old version.

kattlecutter
07-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Now that you mention it, I did do the upgrade. I did the latest upgrade for the beta version. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Shadow
07-26-2010, 04:28 PM
You could try to install the patch again to see if that helps. If that doesn't work, you could install the patch somewhere else and then copy each of the files over manually where they should go.

kattlecutter
07-26-2010, 04:40 PM
I tried reinstalling the patch, no luck. I will try the second option you mentioned.