PDA

View Full Version : If Only...

deadraque
11-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Hi,

Just bought the game after hitting level 7 yesterday in the demo, it is been 3 hours ago, but didn't get my download email yet from BMT Micro, I hope they are gone hurry up a bit....

Anyway about the game, yep great, really good, but just a few flaws i am allowed to say... from what i already tested of course.

1. Way to much loot, To much loot kills the fun of finding loot, 1 object a monster is more then enough i have been killing some monsters with over 7 items, including 2 yellow objects, same for the chests and that at level 4 or 5... in the start i went back to town with objects now i don't even look to them anymore if they are below green...

2. The maps, all same size, all same kind of layout... please make use random (as i love that option) but much more different kind of squares, the way diablo did... and the dungeons are they always only 1 level or sometimes they go deeper?

3. And then the Convenants... well it would be nice to have an option to play without it, as getting gifts every 2 minutes and having to take care of that annoys me personaly alot, some people will love that way of playing, i don't like it at all and see personally no point of all to do that, when they all gon,e the game is over... I want to be able to do the whole damn map without the game ending.

4. Dying : Why not just like in diablo lose all your stuff and you need to fight to get it back, since Diablo and Ultima online i never saw a game anymore where you feel the risk to go out there, and was scared to dead of dying, xp is halved for a while what do i care it doesn't scare me a bit, i will gain my level anyway, soon or late. Like diablo it took me sometimes 2 hours to get all my stuff back as i kept dying in som extreemly hard places. (Yea i know this is not diablo, but hey this game is kind of a clone + strategy elements heh...)

Oh and this is all to help out he not to give critic, it is just that i miss th e good old games, and this is one of them with alot of potential, i don't care about graphics if the game is great

Damn still no email from BMT only my confirmation of payment... what else can i type... :)

For the rest i like the game alot.

Jedi_Learner
11-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Welcome to the forums deadraque. :)

1. Way to much loot, To much loot kills the fun of finding loot, 1 object a monster is more then enough i have been killing some monsters with over 7 items, including 2 yellow objects, same for the chests and that at level 4 or 5... in the start i went back to town with objects now i don't even look to them anymore if they are below green...

I actually like the amount of loot you can get in a short period. Some of the grey items you come across have more armor and damage than some of the unique items you find, especially later on in the game so its worth while to have a quick glance at them before selling.

2. The maps, all same size, all same kind of layout... please make use random (as i love that option) but much more different kind of squares, the way diablo did... and the dungeons are they always only 1 level or sometimes they go deeper?

I know what you mean about the maps, could make for a nice addition to a future patch or a possible expansion pack, along with multiplayer? Most of the dungeons I've been to have around 3 or 4 levels so there is variation.

3. And then the Convenants... well it would be nice to have an option to play without it, as getting gifts every 2 minutes and having to take care of that annoys me personaly alot, some people will love that way of playing, i don't like it at all and see personally no point of all to do that, when they all gon,e the game is over... I want to be able to do the whole damn map without the game ending.

Perhaps you could recommend a "Ignore all grey items offers/Accept all donations" feature in this topic? (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59)

deadraque
11-15-2007, 09:38 AM
I think the loot has to be discussed some love that so hate that i guess si i can agree on that, it has been a choice of the developpers, but personally think that 1 object for normal monsters is and max 3-4 for bosses is more then enough that gives also the replay value as you will take the time to find a good object. Sorry to talk about diablo AGAIN :) but for those who played it and remember the ring or amulet of zodiac, I did like 20-30 times the last levels to obtain it as it was a great thing.

3. On the covenant thing what i proposed is a little option to be able to play without any of them, completly solo, no annoying strategy at all no diplomacy nothing, you can choose in the beginning if you want 3-4-5 or 6 covenants how about 0 ? And keep those quest timed so there is still a challenge, but at least I don't have to bother anymore placing monsters in my home and more, because this part of the game for me is extreemly working on my nerves i don't enjoy that part at all. Let me play out there and leave me alone...

Shadow
11-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Loot is one of those things that is hard to get right because everyone has a different amount they like to see and gamer's range of tastes is huge. Some people like tons of loot and others want it very rare. We have gone for lots of loot, but the better rarities like rare, set, unique, artifacts are more and more rare. However, I think some kind of lower loot option on the world screen might be kind of cool.

I would like to get rid of the square maps someday :) and Jedi_Learner already mentioned part of this but caves/dungeons can go down to level 4 or so.

You can't turn off the covenants, but you can set them to easy and set their level down to 0. Once you get a few recruits and some levels this makes them mostly irrelevant. You can also set them really low and just go kill them all. If you do this you will win the game, but you can continue the game as long as you like (you will get that blinking win icon though).

As for more painful dying, I've been thinking of better options that might be seen in an expansion pack - drop loot on death and hardcore modes mostly.

deadraque
11-15-2007, 08:38 PM
thanks for the answers on this I have played a few hours now and I found a good way for those covenants, start with 3 kill 1 and be friend with one, so it is pretty peacefull and alone :)

Good idea for the loot hope it can be equilibrated on money then as I noticed that you don't get rich fast, buying potions and food ruins you, but love it that way, i like it hard, oh and by the way i had a kind of bug i had the icon that the town was under attack i looked for nearly 20 minutes and found noone, but when i went back fighting in dungeons or in the lands there was no loot at all anymore, nowhere anything to find only chests worked but grey stuff not any magic anymore so i had to recreate a new world to fix it.