PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age Origins vs. Eschalon II

Max_Powers
07-29-2010, 08:31 PM
This is perhaps not the best place to ask this, but I want to pick up one of these games and I just can't decide which. Both games have something different to offer, so in the long run the final tally has them both even. I have read reviews, watched videos of game play, and simply can't decide.

If you were to purchase only one of these which would you pick and why? Thanks for any help.

Shadow
07-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Personally I would go play the Eschalon series, but I'm biased towards indies and Thomas (owner of Basilisk) seems like a nice guy.

dnuggs40
07-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Eschelon II has a demo, check it out and see if you like it. If not, the answer will be obvious :p

Personally I didn't care for Dragon Age. It's a well made game but way too much gameplay is geared towards talking to party members and silly dialog. It's more like a soap opera in my opinion. Plus, the leveling mechanics are bit shallow for my tastes. But if you enjoy that kind of thing it would be perfect for you. It is a good game that has a huge storyline.

Max_Powers
07-30-2010, 06:34 PM
Eschelon II has a demo, check it out and see if you like it. If not, the answer will be obvious :p

Personally I didn't care for Dragon Age. It's a well made game but way too much gameplay is geared towards talking to party members and silly dialog. It's more like a soap opera in my opinion. Plus, the leveling mechanics are bit shallow for my tastes. But if you enjoy that kind of thing it would be perfect for you. It is a good game that has a huge storyline.

Thanks! I have played the demo and it wasn't bad, but you answered the main concern I had about Dragon Age. I do NOT enjoy the over-the-top soap opera stuff. I really tried to like The Witcher but it too had way too much talking and stuff.

Again, thanks for the replies. Looks like Eschalon here I come:) And I agree, Shadow, I too like supporting indie type games