PDA

View Full Version : Unable to launch the game

deadraque
11-15-2007, 10:39 AM
I make a new threat as i explained my prob in another post but could be not noticed and would like to receive a solution fast

The demo works!!! The full game just won't start, i have also tried to run as admistrator and putted compatible modes nope nothing helps so i decided to uninstall the demo and saw the following where i think the error lies, The demo says version 1.002 the full game that i downloaded from the BMT link and installed says 1.000 even if i patch it with 1.003 or the beta 1.004... Now that i finally have the game after playing those 7 levels i can't start the full game... great.... Please help as fast as you can thanks... Or send me a new download link where the game is already patched to 1.002 just like the demo, hoping it solves the prob. The demo Exe is 2.06 mb and the retail i bought is 1.53 so indeed it proves already that there is more in the demo exe then the full game one as it stays 1.000 whatever patch you put. If i am right the only thing i would need is an updated exe, so i am gone try on my laptop, to upgrade everything under xp and transfer the exe to my computer with vista

deadraque
11-15-2007, 11:05 AM
I tried and doesn't work so just for fun I restarted my computer in Safe mode to test, the demo runs there and starts to load when double clicking, but the full game, nop it is in the task manager for not even 1 second you see it appearing and gone immediatly. I have no clues and ideas anymore to start this game, on the laptop, i know what happens next at least, he is asking me to enter the serial code of the game, i canceled it as i want it on my desktop on vista not playing on my laptop.

Jedi_Learner
11-15-2007, 11:08 AM
I don't know if this will work, but try the game without installing any patches. If that works, try installing the patches in order.

deadraque
11-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Thank you for your reply, but as the little option was on with launch game now I started it immediatly before trying out the patches, i installed and removed game several times even found on another website the 1.002 patch; even with that it didn't work... :(

Can someone who has vista look in the Install / uninstall menu from vista if it also says 1.00? Thanks

I have send an email to the support also...

Shadow
11-15-2007, 11:33 AM
I just sent you a couple emails also with this information, but it sounds like it is the DEP issue. You can find a solution to this in this forum thread (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80&page=2) or in the troubleshooting section of the manual (http://www.soldak.com/Depths-of-Peril/Manual.html).

deadraque
11-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the mails, i just answered and indeed it is an DEP issue, eew how to know about something like that, never ever happened before, once again thanks for your fast support much appriciated as i was in panic to never gone be able to play futher then level 7 :)