PDA

View Full Version : A Weird Thing on the Way to Game...

Hagaar
08-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Hey,

I just redownloaded DC and found the following happen...

1. NO(!!) request for key AFTER installation.

2. The "resume game" button was active.

Okay, the first one's not that much of a biggie... I've seen it happen in other games. BUT(!!) the SECOND is! :eek: The game that I am apparently resuming is with a level 8 Priest. I have never, ever, ever played a caster type cuz I simply don't like them. Am I downloading a game... which, btw, is being downloaded from here(!)... that is being used to verify bug reports or have I gotten a link to somebody's game???????:confused:

I haven't installed the patch yet.

Shadow
08-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Well #1 makes sense if you already had it fully installed and had typed in the key before because the uninstaller doesn't delete the key file.

I have no idea what #2 is all about.

Hagaar
08-10-2010, 05:34 PM
@Shadow: I'm not at home atm. Want a savegame?

Shadow
08-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Sure. I'm not positive it will tell me anything useful though.

Hagaar
08-10-2010, 07:28 PM
As soon as I get home. I had this occur with another install. It seems wierd to start a game with a savegame already there. PM me for further as needed.

Hagaar
08-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Shadow, I have reinstalled the game and can NOT locate the AppData\Local\DinsCurse\User\chars folder. What now? I did do a search for it on my drive. Am I using a corrupt DL???????

Shadow... I did a complete reinstall and for whatever reason, the issues I reported have resolved themselves. The only thing that still puzzles me is just why I have the "Resume" button at the start active. This time, I had a level 8 priest, then when I clicked on the resume, the character was NOT seen. About the only thing I could see was some sort of animation and effects. I could move around but NOT interact with foes or any object. I did delete this save and created a new character. seems to be ok. I have both patches installed. Makes one kinda wonder don' it

Shadow
08-12-2010, 11:36 AM
That's all very strange. I downloaded the latest build and it all checks out fine so I'm really not sure what happened to your install.

Hagaar
08-12-2010, 12:35 PM
That's all very strange. I downloaded the latest build and it all checks out fine so I'm really not sure what happened to your install.

I don't really know either. I found it very, very odd but since I could simply delete the game/character that's what I did. I *did* find the save folder and would suggest that in the manual that you update it to read that people should have their hidden folders visible. Otherwise, they will not find the folders. I did note that in an earlier install (a couple back I think) that I had around six different characters in the character folder. THAT was strange since installation should not be doing this. Ah well! I'm not having any further issues and have been playing now for a couple of days and am REEEEEEEALY enjoying it! Thanks for building this AND :D your as well as the community's help!!