PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer lag issues

viper34j
08-09-2010, 11:31 PM
I have an issue where when I join another player I lag very badly. The lag is intensified when there are multiple enemies in my vicinity. I have a great pc, it is definitely not a local computer issue.

I have the ports 26503-26507 opened for TCP and UDP... Windows firewall has an exception for Din's Curse...

Anyone have any ideas?

Shadow
08-10-2010, 10:47 AM
It is probably related to your internet connection, the other person's internet connection, and how far/how many steps are inbetween you and the other computer.

timeh
08-10-2010, 11:26 AM
game ran flawlessly every time i played online... get your mate to check his end if you believe yours is fine (but still check yours again anyway, other games, etc)

Kruztee
08-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I'm on the east coast of Australia. I've never been able to play Din's Curse online for the same reason. I've given up trying and just play LAN games these days. If there's anyone else in Australia that wants to try an online game, I'd be happy to give it another go.

My ping times to the USA (in WoW, for example) are around 200ms. Locally they are about 10-15ms to other Aussie IP addresses. I think that might be where the problem is.:(

viper34j
08-10-2010, 11:08 PM
I have a 10 mb/s connection and he has an 8 mb/s. We can both play TF2 on a server here in the US where we live with a ping under 30ms. We live about 120 miles apart with only 12 tracert jumps...

Something is weird, any other ideas? Something I might have wrong on my router?

viper34j
08-11-2010, 08:51 AM
Actually, after doing another tracert today I found that if either of us gets our ip from ipchicken.com and then tries to tracert the other's public IP, it fails.

The tracert goes all the way to the other person's ISP, but never makes it to their router. It just continually times out.

Any ideas...?

Jorlen
08-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Actually, after doing another tracert today I found that if either of us gets our ip from ipchicken.com and then tries to tracert the other's public IP, it fails.

The tracert goes all the way to the other person's ISP, but never makes it to their router. It just continually times out.

Any ideas...?

If ICMP is disabled you'll never make it to their actual IP, that's normal. Enable ping on the router then you can trace all the way.

How are the tracert looking though? Any distribution routers have high MS time? Can you post the traceroutes coming from both sides?