PDA

View Full Version : % DMG and %armor do not work?

Zengrath
08-10-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. But one thing that has been bothering me is when i equip an item with a +% modifier like +%50 armor it seems to not do anything at all.

my biggest grip is +dmg on swords not seeming to have any effect, for example I've had a sword earlier that had something like 17-22dmg for and both swords same speed (don't remember exact DPS at moment). The other sword was like 16-21dmg and same speed as other, but it had a big +% dmg modifier, however when i equip that 2nd sword it shows a lower DMG and DPS value then the sword with slightly more dmg but no modifiers... So what gives?

Also when testing it out on monsters i am not sure if there is a difference at all.. i mean i should really notice a %50 increase in dmg right? even if it's only a % dmg based on sword's dmg only that should still be significant and not sword + base dmg (if there is base dmg)

Same thing with armor, i will find armor with huge bonuses like +80% and +25% ego, that piece of armor will have same armor as another piece with no bonuses, yet when i equip them my armor value is the same... ???

At this point i just assume that it doesn't work period, probably disabled to balance game play or something instead of just lowering the % increases on items. Or am i thinking completely wrong on this?

Zengrath
08-10-2010, 08:09 PM
here is one more example. I just logged into the game and tried to find a concrete example of what I'm seeing wrong..

Right now without removing anything i have 150 armor exactly.

I have leggings that is 31 armor and a +66% armor modifier.

I remove the leggings and my total armor now reads 119 armor.

150-119 = 31... So where does the +66% armor come in at?

Zengrath
08-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Oops...

So sorry, i just found this in the manual,

"Note: weapon damages and armor values are already included in the total. For example, if you find leather boots that has 10 armor and a 100% armor bonus listed, what it really means is that the item has a base armor value of 5, the 100% bonus gives you another 5 armor, for a total of 10. We make it easy by doing all of the math for you. :) "

Very confusing, I've played many many games like this and have never seen dmg or armor of an item show total of the modifiers below it.. or at least i don't think i have. it makes sense now though!

Zengrath
08-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Ok, Quick question... is other modifiers also calculated on the items as well? like 1-4 lightning dmg would that be calculated into the weapons min-max dmg?

Kruztee
08-10-2010, 10:36 PM
For some reason, elemental damage on weapons is NOT figured in to the displayed DPS.

Shadow
08-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Elemental damage should be included in there also. The different damage bonuses don't apply to elemental damage though.

slarur
01-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Oops...

So sorry, i just found this in the manual,

"Note: weapon damages and armor values are already included in the total. For example, if you find leather boots that has 10 armor and a 100% armor bonus listed, what it really means is that the item has a base armor value of 5, the 100% bonus gives you another 5 armor, for a total of 10. We make it easy by doing all of the math for you. :) "

Very confusing, I've played many many games like this and have never seen dmg or armor of an item show total of the modifiers below it.. or at least i don't think i have. it makes sense now though!

By "making it easy for us" makes the +% bonus obsolete. It tells us something that already is there, if you know what i mean. It's no use of it. I think the +% bonus should be added to the hero's "total armor\dmg stat" and not the item stat. great game it is, indeed :)

Slarur