PDA

View Full Version : Mod Request: Different Racial Slot Items for the Hive

Tyrax Lightning
03-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Hive suck. Missile Defense Components are inferior to simply using Weapons that can blow up the Missiles & attack the enemy at the same time, like the EM Shockwave... & Thruster Boost Components may well be the most worthless Components of all the Components in the game because they don't exceed the Speed Cap like the Thrust Boosting Consumable Items do, so the Thrust Boost Consumables are WAY better an option for more Speed. The Hive are a very gimp Race Choice as is in my shamelessly biased opinion... :(

I ask for a Mod that changes the Hive Racial Slots to the following so a Hive Player can actually ENJOY playing as a Hive:
Medium Slot Armor: A Racial Armor Plating Slot would be like many bug species's Exoskeletons, what kinda Space Bugs would wanna go into Space without their Exoskeletons on? :p This is also an alternative to the Lithosoids having a Heavy Slot Armor Racial Slot in exchange for not having a second Racial Component Slot.
Radiation Resistance: Ever hear the Adage about how Cockroaches are so stupidly hard to exterminate that they might be all that's left if we ever have a Nuclear Holocaust? It's also proven scientific fact that Bugs are a LOT harder to kill with Radiation than us Humans directly because of their much simpler Structure that Radiation doesn't interfere with or sabotage the function of as easily as Radiation can do to us complex Human Structures... ;)How easy or hard would such a Mod be to make...? Can it even be done?

Many thanks for your time. *Bow* :)

joku
03-24-2013, 11:54 PM
This one's a little tricky. I did up a quick version that replaces the anti-missile slot with a medium armor slot (attached). The mouse-over text isn't right, but I should be able to fix that a little later. I haven't tested it much, so other bugs may arise.

I started my attempt with the radiation resistance component, but that's a light component. There are four racial slots: 1 heavy, 1 medium, and 2 light. I don't think you can change these through modding, to turn the medium slot into a light slot. This means that in order to give Hive a radiation resistance component, I would have to replace either the thruster booster or the crew.

I'll try to work on this a little more sometime this week.

Tyrax Lightning
03-25-2013, 03:08 PM
This one's a little tricky. I did up a quick version that replaces the anti-missile slot with a medium armor slot (attached). The mouse-over text isn't right, but I should be able to fix that a little later. I haven't tested it much, so other bugs may arise.

I started my attempt with the radiation resistance component, but that's a light component. There are four racial slots: 1 heavy, 1 medium, and 2 light. I don't think you can change these through modding, to turn the medium slot into a light slot. This means that in order to give Hive a radiation resistance component, I would have to replace either the thruster booster or the crew.

I'll try to work on this a little more sometime this week.
!!! I'm a dumbass!!! I just made a Dummy Hive to see what ya were talking about, & have just realized that I half screwed up! The Thruster Boost Racial Slot Item was the Light Slot Component giving +Thrust, not what I thought it was... that Component that IDs as a "Thrust Active Boost"... *Facepalm* :o The +Thrust Component is not gimp & is okay... So this means only the Missile Defense replacement to Medium Slot Armor is needed to make the Hive viable...

Many thanks for all your work. I'm gonna DL this Mod & try it out once I have time to play the game again! :D (I can easily enough stick a Radiation Resist Light Component into a Normal Light Component Slot if I see fit to... maybe the Slot that woulda previously held the +Thrust Light Component. :) )

The "Thrust Active Boost" Components is among the most worthless broken gimp Component Types in the game... Need more Speed? Use more +Thrust Components instead. XD

Tyrax Lightning
03-28-2013, 01:50 PM
My apologies for this Double Post... but I want joku to see this:

It works! The Hive Mod has successfully changed the Missile Defense Slot to the Medium Slot Armor! It even Cons as a Armor Slot correctly! :D

Many thanks for your work! My new Hive Character is a fun little (literal) bugger already! I've gotten into Combat with a Boss-ized Swarm Monster & the Medium Slot Armor was a hell of a lot more useful then the Missile Defense woulda been even at this stage of the game, because the Boss just couldn't do enough damage to me between the Armor & my running around stopping many of the Missiles from even trying to land on me while I wore him down & overcame him with a Manual Aim RAM Accelerator! XD

I repeat myself again... Missile Defense System Components are completely unnecessary in this game, there's already barrelloads of better Missile Counters in the game... I think the Missile Defense Components should be Retooled as Mine Demolition Components for use in Demolitioning those irritating Mines that lie around in the System & only hunger for Drox Operative Hide alone... They could be called, "Mine Demolition" Components! :)