PDA

View Full Version : Mount and Blade-Warband

DeathKnight1728
08-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Been playing this game for a little while. When i first heard that there was multiplayer i was siked about it. Then i got to the game and i was like-major letdown. It was just plain action, no roleplaying capabilities like i thought it would be.

I liked what they did with the single player though. They made the quests more different than the original since the quests now come to you almost a majority of the time. But even though the single player is good, I still cant stop thinking about the multiplayer though cause in my opinion, multiplayer and pvp have a large standing on making a good game epic.

Did anyone else play multiplayer or singleplayer?

udm
08-18-2010, 03:52 PM
The game is, imho, a rip-off. They added in multiplayer, tacked on a few new singleplayer features, then passed it off as a single standalone product. Old customers don't get any special discount, nada - and by old customers, I mean people like myself who have supported the game since beta. Armagan just comes off to me as being greedy. Sieges are still rubbish, dialogue is still bad, skills unbalanced, Nords still get slaughtered all the time, script errors not fixed, and the list goes on.

Granted, if you have never played M&B before, this is a worthy purchase. But for someone who's seen the game since the 0.751 beta, it boggles the mind how little it has progressed in 5 years.

I haven't quite noticed anything that's different about the singleplayer quests. As far as I can tell, it's more or less the same as M&B, which are pointless apart from offering decent XP.

DeathKnight1728
08-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Udm said-"The game is, imho, a rip-off. They added in multiplayer, tacked on a few new singleplayer features, then passed it off as a single standalone product. Old customers don't get any special discount, nada - and by old customers, I mean people like myself who have supported the game since beta. Armagan just comes off to me as being greedy. Sieges are still rubbish, dialogue is still bad, skills unbalanced, Nords still get slaughtered all the time, script errors not fixed, and the list goes on.

Granted, if you have never played M&B before, this is a worthy purchase. But for someone who's seen the game since the 0.751 beta, it boggles the mind how little it has progressed in 5 years.

I haven't quite noticed anything that's different about the singleplayer quests. As far as I can tell, it's more or less the same as M&B, which are pointless apart from offering decent XP."

You pretty much said exactly how i feel. I got the game in 2009 and couldnt believe that I hadnt heard of it. Played it for a while and was waiting for that multiplayer add on, which like you said was a ripoff. I once ranked taleworlds and soldak as my two favorite indie companies. Can always say that about the latter but not the former anymore. It really sucks, I wouldve waited another year just so they made it the way they should've with open-ended roleplaying battles.

DeathKnight1728
08-20-2010, 06:30 PM
This is for udm and anyone that wants to play Warband with the same features of regular multiplayer and added features of stats and ability to purchase items not originally included in the regular game-http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?board=178.0

It's called Crpg and it is really cool. There are many different clans and types of builds of characters not in the real game. The players are tough too.

Archon
10-16-2010, 11:07 PM
If I had to choose one of my favorite games from the past decade it would be the Mount & Blade series. For me the game is a greater realization of Sid Meier's Pirates, besides the setting (water/land) they both feel very much the same to me. I enjoy being in the middle of a battle commanding my troops instead of playing armchair general like most strategy games out there. Granted the strategy is on the light side although that is a plus for me since it gives the game a more pick up and play feel and I prefer the strategy part taking a backseat to the action on the battleground.

I agree somewhat that Warband is sort of underwhelming on the surface when it comes to expansion content although it did offer new multi and a entirely new single-player map with a deeper experience once the player gets further along. I personally purchased the original Mount & Blade when it was pretty cheap and still in it's earlier stages so I didn't feel too bad picking up Warband near full price.

DeathKnight1728
10-17-2010, 08:23 PM
The 1st game is in my opinion a completely different game. The controls were easier to figure out in the 1st game, whereas in the 2nd game they added a few new good things with a laundry list of bugs and controls that made it harder to figure out (try lancing someone in the 2nd game compared to the 1st).

But mostly, i thought that by multiplayer, it would mean the strategy element of single player mixed with a action world of armies and players constantly in a fight as a certain side and the works. Instead there is a system where no levelups are granted. You all have the same equipment. If that is what im paying the money to play ($29.95!), then i prefer the computer intelligence of the 1st game.

Archon
10-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Hmm, I prefer the controls of the second game. When I played Warband I increased lance control to manual (hard), a bit tricky at first but after a while I had no problem with enemies. I agree on the issues part though, I have a fairly old dell laptop with 2006 ati mobility drivers (no official way of updating/old drivers on site) and the later versions of Warband are very unstable which is a bit disappointing but I know my drivers/card are ancient and obsolete. Still played about 145 hours worth up to 1.123 so I am not too upset but if I knew future patches would render the game useless on my PC I may have skipped it, but I didn't have my magical crystal ball on that day :(.

I agree on the multiplayer element and I to was letdown but a deciding factor for purchasing Warband for me was never the multiplayer, I bought the game upon release because I knew it would be the Mount & Blade to get the continued support (...magical crystal ball) and I paid very little for the first game. Overall I enjoyed Warband more than the first and while many people have issues others can run the game without a hitch.

timeh
10-19-2010, 12:29 PM
i found this game to be fun for a while, but it felt like playing the same battle over and over again pretty quickly

if not for "couched lance" damage i would have stopped playing much sooner