PDA

View Full Version : Number of races

DarthNihilus
03-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Hi. I like to play strategies with the max possible num of enemies. so how i can tweak the num of races on sector creation? max is 6. i want 10.
thanks.

Shadow
03-25-2013, 06:05 PM
You want to change MaxAiCovenants in systems.gdb

joku
03-25-2013, 07:38 PM
I did this up real quick for anyone who lacks the technical know-how or is lazy. See attached.

DarthNihilus
03-26-2013, 03:57 AM
You want to change MaxAiCovenants in systems.gdb

Found it, thanks. I was searching only for "NumCovenants" :). During creation of the sector it either goes OK or crashes to the desktop immediately. (changed it in asset 1 & 3)

joku
03-26-2013, 09:46 AM
You would only need to change it in 3 since 3 overrides 1. And the method you used to mod the files isn't the best one to be using. Anytime you patch the game, assets003 (and systems.gdb within it) will be overwritten by the new data, and you'll have to go back and make the changes all over again. It's also much more difficult to get rid of a mod. It would be better to use the 'overrides' system. If you would like to learn how to do this, refer to this post here (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showpost.php?p=56609&postcount=2), and for plenty of examples you can refer to any of the other mods in the forum.

As for why your game is crashing, I'm not sure it has anything to do with the mod specifically. I tested out my version of the mod several times, and each new sector loaded up just fine. Have you tried the first challenge sector before (10 AI Factions in a medium sector)? Did that ever crash for you? If you haven't tried it, then test it a few times after removing your mod. If it crashes on the challenge sector without your mod, then you know it's not your mod. My guess would be to look at your system specs.

But if the challenge sector doesn't crash for you, then perhaps it is your mod. If this is the case, try my mod instead. I'm pretty sure my mod makes the exact same change as yours, but my mod works fine for me so possibly there might be some difference.

But I have a feeling your mod isn't the problem.

gemix
04-18-2013, 01:13 PM
as a huge Star trek fan
hoping that one of you could mod or add star trek races

hope u like the idea

Voiddweller
03-12-2014, 09:14 AM
as a huge Star trek fan

hope u like the idea

Guess you can, just need a lot of effort to do so... For example: there is no new custom ship models have been made yet. Also, this requires a lot of guessing, since there is no template...

laq
03-12-2014, 01:40 PM
as a huge Star trek fan

hope u like the idea

not unless they wanna deal with face eating, soul sucking, demon, zombie lawyers. ;)

google Flash Trek best you can do
http://www.brokenmirror3.com/ <= someone trying to revive the very thing i'm talking about

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Star_Trek_games pickings are pretty slim

DarthNihilus
03-12-2014, 02:53 PM
find more appropriate thread for your star trek offtopic.

laq
03-12-2014, 04:04 PM
find more appropriate thread for your star trek offtopic.

don't be such a forum Nazi or at least not such a hypocritical one (if you wanna go by the book) if you feel that something is really offensive or against the rules of all's enjoyment use the APPROPRIATE forum provided tools such as the forum integrated report button - or pm to the moderators :p

ps Ps i agree with you ;) but i wasn't gonna make a new forum the guy wasn't even gonna see

DarthNihilus
03-13-2014, 03:43 AM
don't be such a forum Nazi or at least not such a hypocritical one (if you wanna go by the book) if you feel that something is really offensive or against the rules of all's enjoyment use the APPROPRIATE forum provided tools such as the forum integrated report button - or pm to the moderators :p

ps Ps i agree with you ;) but i wasn't gonna make a new forum the guy wasn't even gonna see

Normal people can discuss this between themselves. It's the REAL forum Nazi's like you are immediately pushing the Report button. How about this point of view? :)

101_101
03-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Normal people can discuss this between themselves. It's the REAL forum Nazi's like you are immediately pushing the Report button. How about this point of view? :)

I did nazi this. (pun)

Setting up 10 faction is chaotic fun, declare war on everybody and farm Fear win.