PDA

View Full Version : Items w/requirements

EndymyrBrand
11-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Not entirely sure this is a bug, but items that have minimum requirements of attributes stay equipped even if the character later falls below those attribute requirements. Two examples:

1) If I have a war axe that requires Strength and Dexterity of 12, my base Strength is 10 and base Dexterity is 12, I cannot use the axe. But, if I find gloves that give Strength +2, I can equip the axe. If I then de-equip the gloves, I'm back to the original 10 Strength 12 Dexterity, but I can keep using the axe as long as I don't unequip it for some reason.

2) An even more odd example occurs when the item being displaced is the one that provides the bonus. Consider an equipped leather gloves that give Strength +2 and ring mail gloves that require Strength of 12. As in example 1, base Strength 10 with +2 from the leather gloves allows me to equip the ring mail gloves, but the instant I equip the ring mail gloves, I no longer have the required ability score (because the leather gloves are no longer equipped.)

It's more of a curiosity than a bug, but it leads to some odd situations of having gear equipped that normally you wouldn't be able to use. It may not affect gameplay enough one way or the other to be worth fixing, depending on how difficult it would be to fix.

Shadow
11-17-2007, 10:21 AM
In general we did this on purpose. The reasoning is that we screw with your stats a lot in this game (lich curse, plague, etc) and we felt that if you lost many of your items at the same time that these things would be way more powerful (and annoying) than we wanted them to be. So it was a choice of not having any effects that can temporarily reduce your attributes and having strict requirement rules or doing it the way we did. We thought this way was more fun over all.

Your second issue however, is basically a loophole that I should fix.