PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.006 (Windows)

Hagaar
08-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Just downloaded the latest patch (1.006 - Windows) then fired up the game. I found the following:

Instead of the ACTUAL Level number, I am getting: DungeonLevelName. The Main Gate lists this instead of the level numbers, as does the Entrance to... Gate. I also see this in the Quest log.

Bak
08-25-2010, 08:46 PM
I haven't seen this (Mac version).
Out of curiosity, did you see this for a saved game, a new town, or did you start a character from scratch?

Hagaar
08-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Hey Bak,

From a Savegame. I haven't tried to start with a fresh character. I may give that a go, as I hadn't thought of doing that.

Bak
08-26-2010, 11:41 AM
I did see a boss monster call Shadow2bunique (or maybe it was Shadow2dunique).
As you might guess, it was a shadow. :p

Hagaar
08-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Shadow,

I checked all my Savegames (3), and they all have the same issue. I created a new character and even IT has the issues. :eek:

Shadow
08-26-2010, 05:30 PM
That's strange. I'm not seeing that on my end. Are you using any mods?

DungeonLevelName is a localization thing that went into version 1.005.

Hagaar
08-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Yes. I've got six.

Brighter Caverns, Backpack, Safercaveins, Stack, icolor and assetsadd.

As for patches, The only one I don't have a save of is 1.005. Could this be an issue?? (I have 2, 4, and 6. Never did see 5.)

Shadow
08-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Yes. I've got six.

Brighter Caverns, Backpack, Safercaveins, Stack, icolor and assetsadd.

As for patches, The only one I don't have a save of is 1.005. Could this be an issue?? (I have 2, 4, and 6. Never did see 5.)

You can skip our patches, so that's not an issue.

I would guess one of those mods is replacing global.trn which is one of the localization files. If this is happening none of the newer localization lines is going to work correctly with that mod.

Hagaar
08-26-2010, 06:47 PM
You can skip our patches, so that's not an issue.

I would guess one of those mods is replacing global.trn which is one of the localization files. If this is happening none of the newer localization lines is going to work correctly with that mod.

Right. I'll try removing one at a time then let you know what I find. That and let the author know.

Edit: Just checked the mods and found the "problem child". I also located the author here and noted that there is now an updated version to sync with the latest patch. Thanks Shadow for pointing me to the possible problem!! Oh... and THANKS(!!!!!) for a GREAT game!!!!