PDA

View Full Version : Black screen after changing graphic settings

KevinW
08-28-2010, 12:03 AM
After playing 1.006 version on an OSX system for a week happily, I thought I'd revisit the graphics setting menu and try things out.

Bad idea.

I selected the optimize quality or whatever option in the bottom right, and after selecting the save button, the screen blanked. I could still move the cursor around and hear as it went over buttons. Tried restarting the app, same behavior. Reinstalled 1.004 and the 1.006 patch, same behavior.

I assume there is an invalid variable in a settings file somewhere other than the app install subdir. Could the developer or someone who is as knowledgeable point out where on a Mac one can find the file and what to do with it (remove it or replace with an empty one or delete some variable inside it). I have >20 hours of characters built up, so I'd rather not completely lose my saved state, and I am hoping this is just a minor kick-to-the-settings fix that's needed.

Thanks in advance!

Shadow
08-28-2010, 04:25 PM
You want to delete the user.cfg file which on a Mac is in the /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/DinsCurse/User directory.