PDA

View Full Version : Portals & publishers

Shadow
11-20-2007, 12:04 PM
I mentioned a little while back that contracts are killing my brain (http://www.soldak.com/Blogs/Steven/Contracts.html), but at least they seem to be leading somewhere useful. As of right now, we have signed deals with one publisher and two portals. There is still a long way to go till Depths of Peril gets the distribution that I think it needs, but this is a start at least.

incaman
11-21-2007, 09:21 PM
There is a marketing rule that sounds like "You have to scream too loud to be listened by customers". In other words, its always harder to reach the customer than to make a game.

I would also like to suggest you to make some announcements on forums specific to Neverwinter Nights, perhaps Diablo and other RPGs. You can find customers there, and don't lost any publisher's comission. Besides, if they will like your game, they will tell the others about that. Which will incredibly boost the sales.

That is my humble opinion :)

Shadow
11-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Posting on other game's forums is definitely a good marketing tool, but it is a bit tricky. Many forums are very hostile if you go in and basically advertise your game there. I have started threads on many sites that were appropriate and have joined in on threads that others have started though.