PDA

View Full Version : Mod that displays current exp?

Leiahdorus
04-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Is it possible to make an additional string in character menu, which would display current exp and exp needed to gain new level?

Shadow
04-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Sure. You would just need to modify character.mnu and add something like a StatValue widget or two that displayed Xp and XpNeeded

Tyrax Lightning
04-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Is it possible to make an additional string in character menu, which would display current exp and exp needed to gain new level?
??? With all due respect, why would this be needed...? Ya have your Exp Bar Info in easy view just above your Hotbar Slots & ya can still see them easily enough even while the Character Menu is still up... or are ya on a very low Res Computer...? :confused:

Leiahdorus
04-10-2013, 03:04 PM
??? With all due respect, why would this be needed...? Ya have your Exp Bar Info in easy view just above your Hotbar Slots & ya can still see them easily enough even while the Character Menu is still up... or are ya on a very low Res Computer...? :confused:

I have my own reasons :) But if you're in urgent need of some satisfying answer, well, I'm learning through asking stupid questions :)

Leiahdorus
04-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Sure. You would just need to modify character.mnu and add something like a StatValue widget or two that displayed Xp and XpNeeded

do i really have to change the original file? maybe i can somehow write a mod file which overrides it?

Shadow
04-10-2013, 06:00 PM
do i really have to change the original file? maybe i can somehow write a mod file which overrides it?

It depends. If you are only adding new widgets you can make a new mnu file and add a line like
mergeWith MenuName
where MenuName is the name of the menu you want to add to.

Other than that you need, you would need to override the entire file.

Leiahdorus
04-10-2013, 08:34 PM
It depends. If you are only adding new widgets you can make a new mnu file and add a line like
mergeWith MenuName
where MenuName is the name of the menu you want to add to.

Other than that you need, you would need to override the entire file.

This is really awesome thanks a lot :D

I have to admit, though the modding system in this game is quite simple, there are so many variables, commands etc, it is really hard to comprehend them all. Have anyone thought about some kind of wiki or glossary or maybe tutorial? I think it won't hurt anyone, but will make modding much more easier :)

Shadow
04-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I still need to release an SDK for Drox. You could grab the SDK from Din's Curse. It's mostly the same, just a little out of date.

radioonfire
04-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I still need to release an SDK for Drox. You could grab the SDK from Din's Curse. It's mostly the same, just a little out of date.

The SDK for Din's Curse contains some really useful info for menu modding (which applies almost universally to DO as well). There's also an example menu mod (mod_unlockedModes.zip) included which is nice.

http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Mods.html