PDA

View Full Version : Pets and Lifestones.. Please fix!

L337GTIMKV
09-05-2010, 02:55 AM
Hello again Shadow!

I am trying a Conjuror for the first time, and have noticed that you cannot get your skeleton pets to use lifestones to heal at all.. Was this intended and can it be fixed?

Also.. The Warlock tree REALLY needs to be looked at.. It is perhaps the most utterly useless tree of all of the trees.

Thanks!

timeh
09-05-2010, 11:50 AM
can you feed them food/potions?

you're probably better off letting them die and summoning a higher level one anyway

regarding warlock, Shadow Bolt is the fastest casting nuke in the game (tier one too!), but the rest is a bit rubbish

Magitek
09-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Also.. The Warlock tree REALLY needs to be looked at.. It is perhaps the most utterly useless tree of all of the trees.

Thanks!

The warlock is pretty unspectacular, maybe shadow will consider throwing it a few bones in the expansion?

In the meantime you can use Din's additionals for a re-balanced warlock if you want. It retains the same theme while having a few extra perks and being more point-efficient.
It's in the mod section if you're interested.

L337GTIMKV
09-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the replies, but I was specifically referring to pets using lifestones.. It seems silly that do not understand how to use them when DoP already has and uses this functionality.

As for that mod, I may check that out, but Shadow really should address Warlock on an official level.

Shadow
09-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Off hand I can't remember a good reason why your pets shouldn't be able to use lifestones.

Do you guys feel there is anything specifically wrong with the warlock?

Chex Warrior
09-07-2010, 08:43 AM
I can't see anything wrong with the Warlock, as part of its usual three skill tree class it works pretty well and it goes great as a hybird with melee classes. Try a Warmaster and Warlock and tell me Curse of Pain isn't amazing.

DeathKnight1728
09-07-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm currently using an Assassin/warlock and i dont see anything wrong at all.

As chex had said, the curses are really where its at. Everyone usually boasts of the necromancer being better, i still think they are both about even. I favor the warlock of course.

Caal
09-07-2010, 12:46 PM
I've played a Hunter/Warlock, using summoned Furies. They melee while I shoot from afar. Got a hardcore character all the way to level 53 this way.

Colonel Blimp
09-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Do you guys feel there is anything specifically wrong with the warlock?

This is just a preliminary impression, as so far the only class I've played is the conjurer, and that through only five towns, but so far in Din's Curse 1.006, I've found the Chaos Lord worthless except as a distraction.

With one skill point, the Chaos Lord is nine monster levels below my character level when summoned (and can be a dozen monster levels or more below the monsters we're fighting), so it does practically no damage. To summon a Chaos Lord of my own level would require a total expenditure of 108 skill points!

Compare the necromancer's Raise Dead skill, which for a total expenditure of only six skill points will give me a pet at the dead monster's level, which could easily be a few levels above my own.

Unless I'm missing something, it hardly seems worth spending skill points on the Chaos Lord as things currently stand.

(And although I haven't tried the Scree or the Fury at all, it seems they'd suffer from the same initial handicap--though of course their skills aren't as costly to raise.)

timeh
09-08-2010, 12:28 PM
i don't see anything in the warlock tree that makes it look a more attractive choice than necromancer

Shadow Bolt is worse than Bolt of Gloom (kinda evens out later on when the attack and defence values of mobs aren't affected as much by the flat reductions... also mobs probably have more fire resist than magic resist later on)
Curse of Pain is worse than Despair (sure, curses are AoE, but the range is small and you don't really need to curse anything but bosses... everything else dies so fast)
the summons are worse than raised mobs (level difference:points spent)

and then necro has Blight (still an ok spell, even after losing half its damage) and Bone Shatter for an AoE...

i think if the warlock curses were linked together like the gladiator stances (a point in one is a point in all), and Shadow Bolt gets a bit of a look at (straight damage with no effect is pretty boring, and it's the only damage spell in the tree... even healer has 3!), then warlock would be a much stronger class