PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Situation Forces World Abandonment

Oasisbhrnw
09-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Hello,

Just bought the game yesterday with the latest beta patch. I ran into a bizarre situation that I assume is rare.

When I got to level 2 of the dungeon I was in a small room and the only way out was a locked door. None of the vendors were selling skeleton keys and I scoured level one but never found one. Also, there were none of the jump to random gates on level one as well. So, unless I'm missing something, I was forced to abandon the world. I was a sad panda.

timeh
09-05-2010, 04:17 PM
you can attack doors, chests, buff obelisks, crates, etc using skills

FloodSpectre
09-05-2010, 04:21 PM
You can actually attack doors (and other objects) if you need to, but the method is a bit odd. If you've bound any special attacks to hotkeys in the quickbar you can highlight the door with your mouse cursor and then press the hotkey to use the skill on the door. Be careful if you're using a fire-based attack though, as the door will ignite and may ignite you too ;)

I think you may also be able to assign your basic attack to a hotkey if you don't have any other abilities you can use, but I can't recall at the moment.

Max_Powers
09-05-2010, 04:22 PM
you can attack doors, chests, buff obelisks, crates, etc using skills

Or just your basic attack which I think is key bound to the number one key by default.