PDA

View Full Version : Adding new modifiers to items?

Leiahdorus
04-11-2013, 10:55 AM
I'd like to add experience gain modifier to items, varying for example from -15% exp to +15% exp. It should not appear in normal items and it can appear in uncommon and so on. It should affect item's price also. Is it possible? How do I do it?

radioonfire
04-11-2013, 03:26 PM
This seems like an interesting experiment. I don't have it all figured out yet, but here's what I know. The things you're looking for are Magic Modifiers, and the default files are located in assets001/Database/MagicModifiers. You'll want to create a new entry based on these. For example, here's the base entry for components that give a chance of finding extra credits:
BaseModifierMoney
{
Base BaseMagicModifier
Prefix 0

StatChangeExtraMoneyBase 25
StatChangeExtraMoneyPerLevel 1

BaseOnly 1

MagicRequirement Component
}
By my thinking, you have 2 more things to figure out. First is what (if any) parm exists to modify experience gain. For this I would recommend looking in system.gbd to see if there are parms in place for the resurrection penalty that you could use.
Second you'll need to figure out where it is determined which modifiers are eligible for which components. It's possible that any component is equally likely to take any modifier, but I don't know.

Shadow
04-11-2013, 06:43 PM
I don't think items currently have any way to modify experience.

Leiahdorus
04-12-2013, 08:50 AM
I don't think items currently have any way to modify experience.

This is very disappointing. I hope there will be a patch, fixing this inequity. As for me, modifier of this kind is just obvious

Tyrax Lightning
04-12-2013, 03:10 PM
As a band aid fix to your situation, you get some Bonus Experience by achieving a Legend Win.

Hope this helps. :)