PDA

View Full Version : Incomplete music credits

Colonel Blimp
09-06-2010, 12:37 AM
The credits fail to credit Michael Huang and Zak Belica for music.

Details
--------

In all three places (the in-game credits screen, the online manual at Soldak's web site, and the text file manual installed with the game), Tori Kamal is given sole credit for the music of Din's Curse.

While I'm willing to believe that Mr Kamal wrote theme.ogg, which plays at the Din's Curse title screen, I believe that Zak Belica wrote themeDop.ogg (the theme from Depths of Peril, which plays at times during Din's Curse), and I'm pretty sure that Michael Huang of www.gamenoise.com (who wrote the music for Kivi's Underworld) wrote the other 12 tracks (the vast majority of the music in Din's Curse).

Expected Behavior
---------------------

Michael Huang and Zak Belica should be credited (along with Tori Kamal) for the music, in:

1. The in-game credits screen,
2. The online manual at Soldak's web site,
3. The text file manual installed with the game.

(In the manual, where space is not as constrained as in the in-game credits screen, track-by-track credit would be a very nice touch, although I realize not all game publishers go that far.)

Configuration
---------------
Din's Curse 1.006
http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Manual.html as of 5 September 2010

Shadow
09-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Right now we only give credit to those people that worked on that specific game. This is partially to make it less of a nightmare remembering who did every single asset that shows up in each game.

You are certainly correct that Zak and Michael have music in the game though.

Colonel Blimp
09-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Right now we only give credit to those people that worked on that specific game.

While that does make sense from a certain standpoint, it's not terribly helpful to players who think, "Ooh! Cool music! I wonder who wrote that?"

If a player wants to know where to find more of a composer's music to listen to, or wants to offer the composer a job on another project, it helps to know the composer's name. ;)

(In this case, it required a bit of digging to find out myself.)