PDA

View Full Version : Too easy to end game accidentally

Colonel Blimp
09-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Please add a confirmation dialog after clicking on the blinking won game icon. It's far too easy to end the game accidentally by misclicking.

Details
--------

Last night I was playing my sixth game, rushing to complete each quest as quickly as possible, skipping every chest and stash and most of the monsters along the way. Save the town first as quickly as possible, I thought, then go back and clear the dungeon for loot.

Not long after saving the town, I tried to run over to a weaponsmith standing near the top of the screen and accidentally clicked on the blinking won game icon.

That weaponsmith was holding a legendary and an artifact for me.

Seven of the nine dungeon levels were uncleared, all their chests, stashes, and armories unlooted.

My rewards chest was sitting in town unopened.

It was an extremely frustrating and discouraging experience.

Expected Behavior
---------------------

It should never be possible to end a game with a single misclick. A confirmation dialog, such as "Leave <current town name> and proceed to the next town?" with OK and Cancel buttons would save much grief and frustration.

Version
---------

Din's Curse 1.007 Beta

Vifarc
09-09-2010, 03:56 AM
Lol, what a game breaker feature! I'm happy it didn't happened to me!, as I like finishing all the quests, then taking the time without pressure managing my stuff preparing quietly for the next town.

Robin
09-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Not long after saving the town, I tried to run over to a weaponsmith standing near the top of the screen and accidentally clicked on the blinking won game icon.

I've done that, too. It is extremely irritating.

Colonel Blimp
10-16-2010, 01:44 AM
From v1.008 change notes:

> now a confirm menu when clicking on win town icon

Confirmed in v1.009 Beta.

Thanks! :)