PDA

View Full Version : Transferring characters + DoP summoning

vau0807
04-24-2013, 01:42 AM
I spend many more hours playing DC than DoP. Actually, I think DoP is more engaging and interesting, but it's also quite a bit more difficult. I'd like to ask about two ideas for making DoP more manageable.

1) Is it possible to transfer a Din's Curse character into Depths of Peril? If not, does DoP modding support allow for this?

2) Does DoP have any summoning spells? My winning strategy in DC is to pump up the "Summon Fury" skill and tromp around the dungeon with 4 furies. However, I haven't found the summoning spells in DoP if they exist.

Shadow
04-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Unfortunately, the answer to all 3 of your questions is no. The save formats aren't too different from DoP to DC, but it's enough that DoP wouldn't be able to read them in correctly.

I'm pretty sure we didn't add in any kind of summoning until DC.

Caal
04-24-2013, 07:33 PM
If you are interested in extra help in the field, one thing you can try in DoP is to download the max party mod. This allows you to have more than one companion out in the field with you. I changed the max from 6 to 2, and that works pretty well. The disadvantage is that only your primary (first) companion gets xp.