PDA

View Full Version : Modding Inquiries

Shining Soldier
09-14-2010, 05:37 PM
I want to make a skeleton warrior that I can play as a class and I'm wondering if that's possible. Also, I want to know how to go about creating a new class and where the descriptions for all the characters are located and how to get the new classes to show up in the character selection screen. I'm also curious about characters that can dual-wield. I saw a BladeMaster document in the Din's Curse folder so I'm guessing it's possible.

Shadow
09-14-2010, 07:13 PM
You could make a skeleton warrior as a class. You don't have many animations to work with though.

For a new class you would want to change Database/classes.gdb.

To add to the new character screen you want to modify UI/newCharacter.mnu.

The class description are in the top of Loc/English/global.trn

Adding duel wield through a mod probably wouldn't work. You can hack in a fake duel weapon that only goes in the shield slot and added damage to your attacks, but it wouldn't be dual wield exactly.

Shining Soldier
09-19-2010, 07:03 PM
All right. Thanks for the help.

Shining Soldier
09-20-2010, 10:25 AM
I got my character to load up, but the only skills showing are his mandatory skills, but instead of being displayed across the top, they are displayed through the middle of the screen and none of his other skills that I assigned him are showing up. I will let you know if I figure it out.

spacehog
09-21-2010, 04:01 AM
Would you be willing to post this mod if you get it working? Sounds pretty cool!