PDA

View Full Version : No town attacks mod

Shadow
09-17-2010, 10:29 AM
I posted a new mod today for those people that don't like the town being in danger. It basically turns off town attacks, raids, invasions, scouts, and assassins. Grab it from the Din's Curse mod page (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Mods.html).

Amberjoy
09-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Do these Mods work on any computer? I have Mac version of the game. Mod area doesn't say..unless I missed reading about it.

Shadow
09-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Do these Mods work on any computer? I have Mac version of the game. Mod area doesn't say..unless I missed reading about it.

Mods should work exactly the same on Macs and Windows. The only gotcha on the Mac is you don't want to unzip the mod (which Macs sometimes do automatically).

Amberjoy
09-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Mods should work exactly the same on Macs and Windows. The only gotcha on the Mac is you don't want to unzip the mod (which Macs sometimes do automatically).

Okay, thanks. :)

preetor1
09-18-2010, 06:06 PM
We tested the mod allready and it works perfect, now its just the kind of a game i like to play. - the items colorcodes. Pratically all the best items are green colored and the rest is junk. So someone made a lot of pointless work for coding in the colorcodes.

I dont care about that, nor that the common greens are better than the "artifacts". This game serves the part when im listening the satellite radio or narrations of radio hosts or YouTube.

Great game, keep up the good work and thx again for the mod :cool:

PS: Not playing in work xD

Amberjoy
09-24-2010, 08:41 PM
I had the 'no town attacks' mod turned on and just a few minutes ago while trying to go deeper in the dungeon I got a message that a thief had snuck into town via a recon totem and stole a lot of stuff before I could make my way back up!!! I thought this kind of attacking couldn't happen?? Perhaps it got over looked or it 'different'?

Amberjoy
09-25-2010, 10:41 PM
discovered another oddity using the no town attacks mod. I'd just come up to town level, sold my loot and was standing next to a vendor. I had to leave the game for an hour so I 'quit' the game. When I got back the vendor and at least 7 others in the town were almost dead! Yellow life lines barely there. I had to go around feeding the stupid idiots who didn't have the sense to go over to Din's altar to fix themselves! :) I guess while I was gone the town was attacked or something. Really, really strange.

Roswitha
09-26-2010, 01:42 AM
discovered another oddity using the no town attacks mod. I'd just come up to town level, sold my loot and was standing next to a vendor. I had to leave the game for an hour so I 'quit' the game. When I got back the vendor and at least 7 others in the town were almost dead! Yellow life lines barely there. I had to go around feeding the stupid idiots who didn't have the sense to go over to Din's altar to fix themselves! :) I guess while I was gone the town was attacked or something. Really, really strange.

That's not just the no town attacks mod. It happens in the regular version too to varying degrees. It's been reported as a bug, but so far it hasn't been fixed.

Amberjoy
09-26-2010, 04:31 PM
That's not just the no town attacks mod. It happens in the regular version too to varying degrees. It's been reported as a bug, but so far it hasn't been fixed.

Oh, thanks. I've been reading most of the posts but didn't remember that one. :)

preetor1
09-27-2010, 01:44 AM

It works perfect, i havent got any attacks on town after this no town attack mod. Weird?

Kruztee
09-27-2010, 04:42 AM
Weird?

Ummm, no. That's what it's supposed to do.

Shadow
09-27-2010, 09:55 AM
I had the 'no town attacks' mod turned on and just a few minutes ago while trying to go deeper in the dungeon I got a message that a thief had snuck into town via a recon totem and stole a lot of stuff before I could make my way back up!!! I thought this kind of attacking couldn't happen?? Perhaps it got over looked or it 'different'?

That's not really an attack. I could take it out in the mod though if needed.

When I got back the vendor and at least 7 others in the town were almost dead!

Yeah, like Roswitha mentioned that's a known bug that I haven't tracked down yet.

Amberjoy
09-27-2010, 04:28 PM
That's not really an attack. I could take it out in the mod though if needed.

Yeah, like Roswitha mentioned that's a known bug that I haven't tracked down yet.

That would be nice if you could but not necessary at the moment. I'll just have to adjust my playing style to handle it.

Okay, bug it is. I just found it kind of amusing that I had quit for just an hour and restarted where I left off and stuff was going on while I was offline as it were. Kinda reminecent of ..dang, can't remember what they are called..short little games where you have to take care of a house with a pet and the pet dies if you forget to log on every x number of hours/days. Sim?? I don't play the Sims so not sure about them. Anyway, I was started and annoyed to have to give out my precious food/potions. :)

Shadow
09-27-2010, 05:11 PM
They will actually heal on their own over time (slow natural healing).

timeh
09-29-2010, 02:24 PM
does this mod just make it impossible to lose a map?

kinda takes away half the game...

Roswitha
09-29-2010, 05:14 PM

I was kind of looking at this and there appears to be some sort of correlation between me ending the game (in town) with less than full health, and the people starting the game with low health. I'll have to wait for a town attack (not using this mod :) ) and see if there's a correlation between a townsperson with low health and everybody having low health on return.