PDA

View Full Version : Death by trap doesn't count

EndymyrBrand
11-26-2007, 07:33 AM
...in your journal statistics. I got wiped out at level 1 by a trap on a chest, but not only did my "Strongest Monster Killed By" still read "None" but number of deaths was still zero. A tiny, tiny thing, especially considering how few actual deaths have been trap-related fatalities, but nevertheless a glitch. :rolleyes:

Shadow
11-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Well it wasn't a monster, so the monster killed by stats probably shouldn't change, but it should increment your death stat. I'll have to fix that part.

EndymyrBrand
11-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Irrelevant to the bug, but I guess I spoke too soon. In the past 24 hours, I've managed to die FOUR times by trap. *scowl*

*creates a rogue character*

Shadow
11-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Yeah, our traps can be dangerous at times. I'm sure I have died numerous times myself, but it's always fun when you kill off a recruit or a monster by setting off a trap. :)

Kruztee
12-04-2007, 07:12 AM
Yeah, our traps can be dangerous at times. I'm sure I have died numerous times myself, but it's always fun when you kill off a recruit or a monster by setting off a trap. :)

One of the features that drew me to DoP was that some of the traps can be LETHAL. When I'm picking the lock on a chest and I hear the trap triggered sound, I run like hell. By comparison, I remember playing D2 and sucking up trap damage like a mosquito bite.

Shadow
12-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Oh, we did mean for the traps to be pretty dangerous. :) If they aren't dangerous, there really isn't much point of having traps. I'm glad someone likes it.

Shadow
01-02-2008, 03:42 PM
This is fixed in version 1.005. It's actually kind of strange when I'm trying to trigger off traps and die. :)

Delve
01-02-2008, 06:21 PM
I love the traps in DoP. They've killed me numerous times, and each time I feel like I should try a rogue.

Traps in most games are so paltry they're not even worth considering, or else they're deathtraps and set you back so far that it feels like it's not worth continuing. Fortunately character death isn't so overwhelming here, so the balance comes out very well. It's sadly aggravating when you accidentally kill the warmaster because the pathfinding has dull eyesight, but thems the breaks. ;)

Here's my vote for a separate "Death by Trap" statistic in the journal.