PDA

View Full Version : Reduce the number of pirates

Haigdul
05-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Is it possible to reduce the number of pirates? Am getting fed up up having to get past 15/20 pirates every two minutes, dont want to spend the entire game leaning on the fire button.

joku
05-11-2013, 03:48 PM
I assume by pirates you are referring to all of the ships that don't belong to one of the races.

The following mod will reduce the spawn rate of the groups of ships by 40%. It does not change the number of ships in each group, but I did include the necessary lines so that you could change them if you so desired.
ModFewerMonsters overrides BaseSystem
{
MonsterChancePerBlock 0.075 //Default 0.125
MinMonstersPerBlock 2 //Default 2
MaxMonstersPerBlock 5 //Default 5
}

Download the attached zip file to your assets folder to use the mod. Change the numbers to suit your taste.

Haigdul
05-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Hi Joku,

You were right I meant non aligned fighter ship.
Have downloaded your patch an it has worked very well, can now do quests and level up as opposed to ploughing through all the non aligned ships for very little xp,

Many thxs.....

Professor Paul1290
05-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Keep in mind that the amount of non-aligned mob ships can vary somewhat based on how powerful the race controlled planets in the system are. More powerful and higher tech race planets and ships tend to be better at trimming their numbers.

If you adjust the number of non-race ships remember to test it out a bit when you have the chance by spending some time both in systems controlled by strong races and those that don't have any race colonies in them, that way you have a good idea of what the higher and lower concentrations are like then adjust the amount accordingly.

Have fun.