PDA

View Full Version : Soldak/Impulse Weekend Sale

Shadow
09-23-2010, 02:33 PM
This weekend (including today), all 3 of our games are 50% off over on Impulse (Din's Curse (http://www.impulsedriven.com/dinscurse), Depths of Peril (http://www.impulsedriven.com/dop), and Kivi's Underworld (http://www.impulsedriven.com/kivisunderworld)). We don't usually have many sales, so go buy them now!

icosahedron
09-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Does this include the Mac version of Din's Curse? I only see the Windows version available. If we purchase a license through Impulse but download the Mac trial and enter the license there, will it work?

Thanks.

Shadow
09-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Does this include the Mac version of Din's Curse? I only see the Windows version available. If we purchase a license through Impulse but download the Mac trial and enter the license there, will it work?

No, Impulse only sells Windows software and you can't just unlock the full version with a key. If you want the Mac version you would need to buy through us (or Gamer's Gate or Mac Game Store).

Zanza
09-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi!

Which game(s) would you recommend a Diablo/Torchlight fan?
Descriptionwise it seems like Depths of Peril is more strategy and the 2 other games are better choices for hack and slay?

Also i've got a Question about the Impulse Game Versions. Are they in any way restricted? Like patch-wise or mod-wise? Do they need their own patches or are they comaptible with the normal games patches?

Thanks for your time!

Shadow
09-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Which game(s) would you recommend a Diablo/Torchlight fan?
Descriptionwise it seems like Depths of Peril is more strategy and the 2 other games are better choices for hack and slay?

They are all primarily action RPGs. Other than the very random and dynamic world, Din's Curse is probably the closest to normal hack and slay games. Depths of Peril has a lot of strategy going on with all of the covenants stuff. Kivi's Underworld is a much more casual take on the genre, less items/skills with a more arcade like feel.

We do have demos of all 3 games.

Also i've got a Question about the Impulse Game Versions. Are they in any way restricted? Like patch-wise or mod-wise? Do they need their own patches or are they comaptible with the normal games patches?

Patch wise I'm pretty sure the Impulse version of Din's Curse is compatible with our patches. Depths of Peril and Kivi's Underworld I don't think are compatible with our patches (although they don't get patched as often any more).

Mod wise, for all 3 games the Impulse versions should work just like our versions.

Zanza
09-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Great, thanks for your very fast reply. downloaded demos and will try now. :)

Max_Powers
09-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Patch wise I'm pretty sure the Impulse version of Din's Curse is compatible with our patches. Depths of Peril and Kivi's Underworld I don't think are compatible with our patches (although they don't get patched as often any more). .

I think I can attest to this. I have the impulse version and I have been able to install new beta patches, so I think that confirms it.