PDA

View Full Version : Annoying bug forces me to abandon sector after sector

Tuidjy
05-20-2013, 01:43 PM
My best ship, level 81, is experiencing some problems. I had gotten a Legend victory in the level 84 challenge, I saved before I took the win, but crashed repeatedly when I tried to reload. I started a new sector, but 30 seconds into it, I had another crash, and once again, I could not reload. Now I am giving it a third try, but I'm kind of worried.

----------

It seems it's all due to a phantom quest on my quest list. The entry is blank, but cannot be filled with a new quest, and can be selected and the [Decline] button appears. If I do that, though, the game crashes.

Tyrax Lightning
05-20-2013, 06:21 PM
My best ship, level 81, is experiencing some problems. I had gotten a Legend victory in the level 84 challenge, I saved before I took the win, but crashed repeatedly when I tried to reload. I started a new sector, but 30 seconds into it, I had another crash, and once again, I could not reload. Now I am giving it a third try, but I'm kind of worried.

----------

It seems it's all due to a phantom quest on my quest list. The entry is blank, but cannot be filled with a new quest, and can be selected and the [Decline] button appears. If I do that, though, the game crashes.
O_0

Ya might wanna make a Copy of this Save & PM it to Shadow... :eek:

Tuidjy
05-20-2013, 06:56 PM
I avoided the issue by rushing through the challenge in 14 minutes, in one session.

I think it happened because some information is not properly cleared when you restart the exact same sector - in this case the challenge.

Gates, waypoints, and even quests remain from the previous play-through, and when you try to look at them or cancel them, they reference races you have not met yet. Not a problem while playing (if you avoid the quests/gates/waypoints) but very much a problem if you try to reload a ship which has these phantom objects.

I did make a copy at some point during the crash fest, but I am not sure there's a point for Shadow to waste time on it. He should looks into how objects get cleared when you restart a sector.