PDA

View Full Version : Town no longer saved

Bak
09-28-2010, 02:41 PM
After the town is saved (and the reward chest plundered), sometimes boss monsters are spotted in the deeper unexplored levels. The blinking "new town" crown is still there, even after accepting a quest from the Warmaster.

However, if the game is saved-exited, and returned to later, the blinking crown is no longer there. The "mandatory" quest has to be solved before the town is saved (again). The "saved" message appears again, as does the blinking crown, although no more reward chests. :(

Roswitha
09-28-2010, 05:47 PM
After the town is saved (and the reward chest plundered), sometimes boss monsters are spotted in the deeper unexplored levels. The blinking "new town" crown is still there, even after accepting a quest from the Warmaster.

However, if the game is saved-exited, and returned to later, the blinking crown is no longer there. The "mandatory" quest has to be solved before the town is saved (again). The "saved" message appears again, as does the blinking crown, although no more reward chests. :(

The fact that the blinking chest disappears upon save-exit makes me think that it should actually disappear when the new monster appears. The rest sounds like it's acting as it should. The reward chest is not surprising. Otherwise, you could just stand there and let monsters appear, defeat them, and collect another reward chest.

Bak
09-29-2010, 07:59 PM
In the other thread (on clearing levels), I made the suggestion that newly found boss monsters, that appear after the town is saved, should be "optional" instead of mandatory. Like the "avenge my uncle's death" quests are optional.

It was only after I noticed the difference in behavior caused by save-exit-return, that I posted it here as a bug.