PDA

View Full Version : duplicate race? is this a bug?

Yindo
05-21-2013, 12:04 AM
Not sure if this is a bug or not. Took out Talon at the start of the game when they had just one planet. Near the end of the game found Talon again.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2utp6oz.png

Tuidjy
05-21-2013, 12:53 AM
It is not a bug. Talon is a 'monster' race. Sometimes, when the unaligned ships destroy a race colony, they decide to start a civilization. When you or the races destroy it, that particular offshoot is gone.

But of course, the monsters may destroy another race colony, and another group of Talon ships starts their own civilization. They are still Talon, but they have little to do with the previous group of monsters. They may feel differently about their neighbors, etc...

Actually this can happen with Apes, AIs, Rebels, Cyborgs, etc... civilizations that inherit, take over or break off from an existing race's colony.

Yindo
05-21-2013, 02:22 AM
It is not a bug. Talon is a 'monster' race. Sometimes, when the unaligned ships destroy a race colony, they decide to start a civilization. When you or the races destroy it, that particular offshoot is gone.

I didn't realize that, didn't realize the monster races could do that.

Tyrax Lightning
05-21-2013, 03:12 PM
I didn't realize that, didn't realize the monster races could do that.
Yup, always be cautious of the Talon, Legion, & Overlord. & also beware that they get attacked by Monsters a whole lot less since they themselves are Monsters, thus left alone too long, they can Expand way easier than Main Races & get quite dangerous. ;)

Though... if this does happen, ya can always go to Plan B: Blow the buggers up mercilessly without dying until ya Fear Win! :D