PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for this stupid question, but...

Gilgamesh
05-29-2013, 02:39 PM
how do I install a mod on a mac? Is it even possible. Because when I download a mod I automatically get the extracted folder called "database". Do I just move this in the Assets folder, or do I have to re-pack it?

Thanks

Yindo
05-29-2013, 03:56 PM
how do I install a mod on a mac? Is it even possible. Because when I download a mod I automatically get the extracted folder called "database". Do I just move this in the Assets folder, or do I have to re-pack it?

Thanks

Just move the zip file into the Assets folder.

Gilgamesh
05-29-2013, 05:24 PM
for the clarification. Unfortunately I tried that and it didn't work. What am I doing wrong? :eek:

Shadow
05-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Mods do work on Macs. Either way should work as long as the directory structure is correct.

Yindo
05-29-2013, 08:28 PM
for the clarification. Unfortunately I tried that and it didn't work. What am I doing wrong? :eek:

Leave the zip file intact when you move it to the assets folder. The zip file should have a Database folder in it and that will contain the actual files.

Gilgamesh
05-31-2013, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I did all that and it's still not working. Looks like I have to wait for the expansion. :cool:

Update I: It's working now with the new ship.

Update II: I seem to be a bit stupid, because I think it didn't work after all. The ship still grows through the small size levels instead of through the classes (small corvette, small frigate, small... instead of small corvette, medium corvette, large corvette, small frigate,...)