PDA

View Full Version : No staircase to next level down

SimonDark
10-17-2010, 08:35 PM
I am currently at Level 13 and I am supposed to be doing quests in the Hostile Labyrinth. However, there is no stair case down to the next level. I completely cleared Level 1 and now I cant go anywhere. My rep is getting lowered because people are getting impatient and annoyed.

Is there something I am missing or is this a legitimate bug.

Also, my ~ shows a ton of sounds and things missing while I play. I dont know if this is normal or not.

Amberjoy
10-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Have you pulled every lever on level 1? Sometimes it opens a gate for another level. Also, search for hidden passages, odd formation in normal walls. Just click and it should open. At least I hope so. someone else may have a better answer.

FloodSpectre
10-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Amberjoy is right, you will often find stairs behind secret doors. Typically these can be easy to find; look for discolored walls, textures that are out of place, or features that just don't look quite right. If all else fails you can just try clicking the walls all over the place, which will be easier if you don't have any quests that need doing on your current floor, as monsters only spawn if there are quests.

Roswitha
10-18-2010, 12:45 AM
I am currently at Level 13 and I am supposed to be doing quests in the Hostile Labyrinth. However, there is no stair case down to the next level. I completely cleared Level 1 and now I cant go anywhere. My rep is getting lowered because people are getting impatient and annoyed.

On the game forum, there's a stickied post about Help for Beginners. The website it points to has a lot of tips on how to find secret doors and other things.

SimonDark
10-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Yeah I feel foolish I thought I had clicked on that one area but apparently not. It is literally the furthest corner of the 1st level - a dead end. Oh well my noobish ways will surely reap their ugly face again.

Thx for the reminder Roswitha and thx for the help guys.

Ghost Matter
10-19-2010, 09:06 PM
It's fine.

Once I went through an entire level's walls 4 times to look for the secret passageS (!!) I needed.