PDA

View Full Version : 2 missions to colonize same planet

Yindo
06-04-2013, 10:53 PM
Got both quests from human race, a few minutes apart to colonize the same planet. Only difference is one quest put the colony module on the medium slot and the other quest used a heavy slot. The reward varied greatly as well.

Tuidjy
06-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Taking the one with the heavy module is the way to go. At higher levels, it's easier (at least for my ships) to spare a heavy slot rather than a medium, but the real reason is that most of the time, a 'protect' mission follows the 'colonize' one.

The rewards for the protect missions are often quite high, and it only takes one minute of hovering near the planet if you used a heavy module. With the medium module, I have seen times between 7 and 15 minutes, which is insane. Who wants to sit around for this long. Even checking the planet every minute or so is tedious... And anyway, chances are that a monster will come shoot at the planet as soon as you turn your back, and that delays the ship's construction.

Yindo
06-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Taking the one with the heavy module is the way to go. At higher levels, it's easier (at least for my ships) to spare a heavy slot rather than a medium, but the real reason is that most of the time, a 'protect' mission follows the 'colonize' one.

The rewards for the protect missions are often quite high, and it only takes one minute of hovering near the planet if you used a heavy module. With the medium module, I have seen times between 7 and 15 minutes, which is insane. Who wants to sit around for this long. Even checking the planet every minute or so is tedious... And anyway, chances are that a monster will come shoot at the planet as soon as you turn your back, and that delays the ship's construction.

Yep I took the heavy module one, as it had a higher reward.

I have noticed some protect missions to last a very long time, though I'm not sure if that was with a heavy or medium slot colony.

DarthNihilus
06-05-2013, 06:37 AM
you should try to make both the same time :)

Shadow
06-05-2013, 12:37 PM
While slightly strange, this isn't a bug. We allow both so if they both do pop up at once, you have the choice of which one you would like to do.

Yindo
06-05-2013, 10:51 PM
While slightly strange, this isn't a bug. We allow both so if they both do pop up at once, you have the choice of which one you would like to do.

Alright just found it odd.

On the protect the planet missions, some of them seem designed to fail? Or well maybe just test our patience. Protected a fringe planet that had an ship build time estimate of like 40minutes. After a while you just want to forget it and go on with the game. Could maybe a bonus reward be given at the end of these protection missions be given, based on time spent guarding?

Shadow
06-06-2013, 01:52 PM
On the protect the planet missions, some of them seem designed to fail? Or well maybe just test our patience. Protected a fringe planet that had an ship build time estimate of like 40minutes. After a while you just want to forget it and go on with the game. Could maybe a bonus reward be given at the end of these protection missions be given, based on time spent guarding?

They aren't designed to fail, but the time is based on them actually mining enough minerals from the planet. So it what it is. Although they are now allowed to go into debt now for that first defender, so that helps compared to what it used to be.

A bonus based on time would be cool, I'll have to see how feasible that is.

demoss
06-11-2013, 01:09 PM
If it's a long time, you can always come back later, hoping they've survived that long. :D It only seems to matter if you're there when the ship pops. Though that can be annoying in itself; I don't know if it's still an issue with the current patch, but on occasion I've been chasing an attacker away and gotten too far from the planet at just the wrong time to get credit.

I don't think it's currently all that predictable when they actually launch the first defender, though.

Also, you don't HAVE to do the mission.

DarthNihilus
06-17-2013, 03:36 AM
BTW recently i got two "scout planet" missions :)