PDA

View Full Version : Outgoing connection

Roswitha
10-23-2010, 12:49 AM
My computer died recently so I had to replace it. I'm running Windows XP Professional. I've played single player Din's Curse (v1.009) since then, but tonight I tried to play multiplayer. I checked the Internet and there was actually somebody online so I tried to connect. The loading screen came up and sat there for quite a long time, until I finally did <alt>F4 to quit.

I think the problem is on my end because of another problem I've been having. I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird as my email client. We have a mail server at home which I accessed all the time with my old machine. I haven't been able to get any mail with my new machine; I'm fairly sure it's configured properly. Thunderbird says it's getting mail and there's nothing there (the mail server thinks there is). When we look at the mail server's logs, it shows nothing. It can't even tell that Thunderbird is trying to connect. I suspect that whatever is keeping Thunderbird from getting out is also keeping Din's from getting out. I've shut down the Windows Firewall (we have our own) and I can IM and otherwise use the internet.

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

DeathKnight1728
10-23-2010, 06:11 PM
I did try and get into a game from us west at around the time you posted. It wouldnt let me in the game. I tried again and it let me in after a while. Im not sure what the problem could be but that game in particular had so much lag and bugs that i had to leave.

Shadow
10-26-2010, 02:44 PM
The other firewall you are using is it software or hardware? Either way are you sure it isn't blocking DC or Thunderbird? It does sound like something is preventing connections to go through.