PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy bug that works like a money cheat

Nelway
06-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Lets say race A and race B are at least neutral towards eachother.

If you declare war on race A, you can contact race B and offer to make peace with race A in exchange for money.

However this doesn't end the war between you and race A, so you can just repeat this offer (which is more like an empty promise) to race B or anyone willing to pay until they gave you all the money they had.

I've seen another thread on the gameplay discussion board listing similarly abusable diplomacy tricks. I just bought the game (which is brilliant by the way) and I'm having a blast, but please fix these abusable mechanics, because they're really putting a dent on the experience.

Shadow
06-17-2013, 01:15 PM
I'll have to figure out a good way to fix this.

Yindo
06-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Easy way to rack up money. The real problem is finding a use for it. I think I have close to 19m at the moment, about the only real thing that eats up any $ is reduce power load. Repair costs and the cost of consumables (energy, shield, etc..) are not a whole lot.

Tyrax Lightning
06-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Easy way to rack up money. The real problem is finding a use for it. I think I have close to 19m at the moment, about the only real thing that eats up any $ is reduce power load. Repair costs and the cost of consumables (energy, shield, etc..) are not a whole lot.
The use for the money is in making the Races not have it anymore so they're a whole lot less powerful. :p