PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights Diamond on GOG

Castruccio
10-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Good Old Games just released a bundle containing the original NWN and all of its expansion packs for $9.99. I thought this might be of interest to some DoP and Din's players. NWN is a great game, and you'll be hard pressed to find more quality hours of RPG gameplay for $9.99.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition

caldazar
10-27-2010, 03:35 PM
It's a great game. I actually own 2 full versions (game and all expansions), or I'd think about picking it up from GoG.

DeathKnight1728
10-27-2010, 06:47 PM
I bought a computer 2 years ago and the first game i bought was nwn. The game gave me nothing but trouble with loads of major bugs. I love the game concept and the classes are great. But the fact that it will crash at any moment in time i play it-not so great. I would play it again if i could only get it to work properly.

Atari (destroyer of games) having worked with bioware corrupted the game somehow ;)

caldazar
10-27-2010, 07:44 PM
I bought a computer 2 years ago and the first game i bought was nwn. The game gave me nothing but trouble with loads of major bugs. I love the game concept and the classes are great. But the fact that it will crash at any moment in time i play it-not so great. I would play it again if i could only get it to work properly.

Atari (destroyer of games) having worked with bioware corrupted the game somehow ;)

You may want to look into the GoG version then, as they do work to make the games compatible across multiple OS versions, and include the latest official patches in their installations.

Castruccio
10-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Agreed. This game has been worked over several times now (3 expansions and multiple patches) so it should be mostly bug free.

FloodSpectre
10-28-2010, 07:13 PM

Were you playing multiplayer? It's far less stable than solo because a lot of the quests and scripts weren't designed to interact with more than a single player. I played through the game and both expansions solo with no issues at all, but when playing them over the LAN we had a lot of crashing and other, more esoteric bugs.

Still, it was a lot better than NWN2.

DeathKnight1728
10-28-2010, 11:39 PM
I tried multiplayer but i didnt like that i had to stick with one world. To be completely honest, Its one of my favorite games. But the problem with the bugginess might not be the games fault. I talked with the guy at bestbuy where i bought the computer and at first he said this is a gaming computer. Then later on when i started experiencing difficulties with the game he stated that nwn 1 would be weird with it. I refused to believe it and insisted on playing the game. From that point on I would lose 1 gig of memory everytime the game crashed. I dont know why.

The main reason i figured the game should work no problem is that im playing a game from 2003 with a comp from 2008. It should friggin work for sure. But then again, the guy at the store was prally a rogue.