PDA

View Full Version : AI Pacing

coffeelover
07-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Does anyone know if its possible to alter the rate the AI expands, both militarily and through colonization, with mods?

Loving the game so far but i'd really enjoy a game where i could take my time exploring all the sectors and maybe quest for a few different factions who haven't even met each other yet. I tried the normal pacing options but they didn't seem to make a difference, the AI still colonize new sectors faster than i can explore them.

Shadow
07-01-2013, 01:52 PM
The easiest way that comes to mind is to decrease MineralsProducedPerPop and MoneyProducedPerPop in Database/planets.gdb so the races can't build ships as fast.

coffeelover
07-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks i'll give that a try, i guess the only worry then is that the AI all get wiped out by monsters.

kizune
07-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Any results here? I also would like a mod that the races need a little bit longer to throw ships out like hell. Time to time it's also to fast, for me, what the races do in slow pace.:D But i do not know anything about modding this game.:(

CoolColJ
08-06-2013, 04:42 AM
In the planets.gdb

MineralsMultPerLevel 1.2 // 2.0
MoneyMultPerLevel 0.6 // 1.15

what does the 2 values on either side of the // signify?

joku
08-06-2013, 10:47 AM
In the planets.gdb

MineralsMultPerLevel 1.2 // 2.0
MoneyMultPerLevel 0.6 // 1.15

what does the 2 values on either side of the // signify?

The double slash (//) is the start of a comment. Everything after it on that line has no effect on the code. So 1.2 and 0.6 are the values that are actually being used. 2.0 and 1.15 are values that are not being used. Perhaps they were the values prior to a patch.

CoolColJ
08-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Here is the slower growth mod - I just halved the above values.
Hope the syntax is correct.
Place it in your - Drox Operative\Assets\Database folder

Seems to work so far - way slower expansion, maybe too slow....
Some races do get wiped by Monsters if you use the home planet only option

Watching the race power graphs show a much more gradual rise

edit - too slow, maybe keeping the money the same as default, but halving the minerals, make it 0.9
updated revised version