PDA

View Full Version : little question about boardingmechanik

kizune
07-10-2013, 07:33 AM
Dont know if the boarding is new because of the expension but i like to know, it's only a additional way to deal damage or maybe the loot is better? If the loot is better i have to say it's really cool idea, if not i hope we get the feature that boarded enemy's give more/better loot.:) For me it's a sweet idea.

Shadow
07-10-2013, 02:12 PM
I probably should mention this somewhere in game, but yes it increases loot from 3 to 5 times as much as normal. This is only true though if the boarding party is what actually "destroys" the enemy ship though.

kizune
07-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Your a genius.;) But i think you have to write it anywhere, because i dont have seen anything about boarding. Not in hint-messages, online manual and fulltip-menu. :)

Cardinal Ape
07-12-2013, 07:35 PM
This boarding thing is pretty cool.

I have been running into problems with maintaining my marines health. I'm not sure why... What causes the marine to take damage? If I shoot a ship that is boarded, am I doing damage to my own crew?

Shadow
07-14-2013, 06:37 PM
This boarding thing is pretty cool.

I have been running into problems with maintaining my marines health. I'm not sure why... What causes the marine to take damage? If I shoot a ship that is boarded, am I doing damage to my own crew?

They mostly take damage from the enemy ship. I'm pretty sure they will take lots of damage or die if you destroy the ship with them in it.

wrestless
07-24-2013, 10:20 PM
I probably should mention this somewhere in game, but yes it increases loot from 3 to 5 times as much as normal. This is only true though if the boarding party is what actually "destroys" the enemy ship though.
So is the best strategy (for optimal loot) to use a Marine on an enemy ship when it only has a small percentage of its health/structure remaining?

Shadow
08-01-2013, 01:30 PM
So is the best strategy (for optimal loot) to use a Marine on an enemy ship when it only has a small percentage of its health/structure remaining?

I don't know about best, but that's what I do when I use marines.