PDA

View Full Version : How do galaxies work?

Professor Paul1290
07-10-2013, 11:33 AM
I'm confused as to how galaxies work.

I can see that I can create sectors in previously used galaxies, but I don't know what it does.

It seems to carry over my reputations with the races, but I'm not entirely sure.

Shadow
07-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Relations, race power, extinctions, and infestations (pirates, zombies, plagues) carry over some.

PixelLord
07-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Yeah, relations! I made some powerful enemies while testing that carried over to the next sector. So be careful whom you piss off! They may get their revenge.

Cardinal Ape
07-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Is there a maximum on how many galaxies are saved at once? My list is getting big... And my memory is not good enough to remember which is which. Can I delete old that I know I won't ever go back to?

When I first read about this feature I assumed that it would carry over some explored map data, like adding new unexplored sectors into the old one. This feature would be way cooler if it did.

Shadow
07-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Is there a maximum on how many galaxies are saved at once? My list is getting big... And my memory is not good enough to remember which is which. Can I delete old that I know I won't ever go back to?

There's no max. You should be able to safely delete them if you want, just delete the pwl file of the proper name.

Usually you will default to the last galaxy played, but old characters with an old sector will be assumed to be in their own galaxy. That's probably why you have so many.

wrestless
07-24-2013, 10:27 PM
When I first read about this feature I assumed that it would carry over some explored map data, like adding new unexplored sectors into the old one.
Where did you read about this? I'd like to understand galaxies better. I don't even understand the "Holes" options. :o