PDA

View Full Version : Thrust Cursor bug?

demoss
07-15-2013, 04:37 AM
I've noticed recently that sometimes my ship will start turning away from the course I want for no apparent reason. I always keep Thrust Cursor on, so it should always attempt to point toward the cursor. However, oftentimes when I target a new enemy by pressing the number key associated with a weapon, my ship will veer off in a new direction, which I would very much prefer it did not - especially since it SHOULD remain pointed toward the cursor. It doesn't even seem to always turn toward the enemy that becomes selected; I can't figure out what it IS trying to do.

Shadow
07-15-2013, 01:00 PM
I'll look into this, but if you can find more specific reproducing steps it might be helpful.

Tuidjy
07-15-2013, 04:55 PM
My guess is that this happens when you target a ship outside of the weapon's range. The ship is too far, so there's no valid target, and somehow your ship's destination gets set to your last target. Which often is a planet right behind you.

demoss
07-16-2013, 02:45 AM
I've figured out what's causing it. It happens when I have selected an item on screen to go pick up. If I then fire a weapon, my MOVEMENT target gets switched to the weapon's target. I don't think that should happen (or should at least be switchable).