PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Defenders

udm
10-31-2010, 03:38 PM
Best described as a mix between an ARPG and Tower Defense. The pre-orders at Gamersgate (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DUDE/dungeon-defenders) and Impulse are ending soon, so if it catches your interest, be sure to act fast!

DeathKnight1728
11-02-2010, 12:56 PM
This looks interesting, are there any set classes? I gotta look at this closer.

udm
11-02-2010, 02:28 PM
TBH I have absolutely no idea about that, sorry mate

zespri
11-07-2010, 12:58 AM
In september the release date was announced as 1st of November. On first of November the game was not there and neither on their front page nor in a forum sticky could I find any explanation or at least "sorry guys we have to delay it". Not very good PR. It's like promise to release on 1st of Nov never happened.

Shadow
11-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Looks like the new release date is Nov 25th.

zespri
11-08-2010, 02:51 PM
How do you know this? Finally an announcement appeared on the forums (5 days after the promised due date) and it says "it has to be delayed on PC and console until January". I'm sure they have known this well before 1st of Nov, so why telling people only on 5th? It's not like 1st of Nov came and they were like "oh, shit we are supposed to ship today!".

Anyway there is no mention of 25 Nov in this post. Shadow, where your info is coming from?

http://www.forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?137-Official-quot-Game-is-Delayed-quot-Thread!

Shadow
11-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Sorry for the bad info, Nov 25th is what it says on the Gamer's Gate page.

udm
11-11-2010, 06:11 AM
Delayed again? Curses!

Good to know they're packing in free content for those who pre-ordered though B)

dnuggs40
11-11-2010, 12:08 PM
It's been delayed until January 2011

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/11/08/dungeon-defenders-delayed-until-january-2011/

zespri
12-24-2010, 04:26 PM
They released versions for iPhone and android. It is so frustrating: you pay for pre-order when they promise to release in November and then they say, oh ok it's ready but we strike a deal with publishers so we can't release it before mobile versions which are not ready yet. And then you wait for it to be released for PC and envy all these people who no enjoy it on mobile devices. Maybe you would too but you already paid for the PC version... damn it.

ebarstad
10-19-2011, 03:08 PM
So, this is out today on Steam for $15. Anyone playing it?

Kruztee
10-30-2011, 06:07 PM
So, this is out today on Steam for $15. Anyone playing it?

I played it for a bit, but was rather underwhelmed.

It's straight up tower defence, and so if that appeals to you then you'll probably enjoy the game more than I do. Solo play is quite boring, since the game has been designed from the ground up to encourage co-op play. Overall the lack of incentive to play co-operatively is just not there, though. For example, experince is not shared between the team. There are so many cheats hackers and griefers that it's not worth playing in public pick-up games over open connect (direct IP). All the data is stored locally and is easily accessible. There is another matchmaking service that comes bundled with the game that claims to enforce legitimate play, but lost connections and random drop-outs plague what would otherwise be just a passable gaming experience. If you could convince 3 of your friends to buy and organise to all play together, then that might be somewhat fun. Bleh, disappointed.

2/5