PDA

View Full Version : [Bugs] Two problems with race resurrect quest

CaptainWinky
07-24-2013, 12:37 PM
I did the quest to resurrect a race for the Fringe in my latest game. The second part of the quest requires you to buy a growth hormone and bring it to another planet. The quest description told me I could buy the hormone from another Fringe planet. It gave me the correct planet name but the wrong system name. Using the "Search For Good" button told me which system the planet was in so I found the hormone and finished the quest anyway.

For the third and final part of the quest, I took a heavy colony module to a planet that the Fringe specified. Unfortunately for the new race (Brunt Pirates) the Fringe sent me to a gas planet, thinking that their future allies would have the same planet preference as them. The Pirates died immediately after I dropped off the colony module. (I still solved the quest and got my reward as usual. Just another day in the harsh vacuum of space....)

CaptainWinky
07-29-2013, 11:57 AM
I had another issue with a race resurrection quest. I got to the colonizing part of the quest but it gave me the wrong system name again. It took me about 20 minutes to find the planet to colonize--by the time I found it, the race that gave me the quest had started a new race resurrection quest. I still had the old colonization quest in my list and it didn't show as failed, but I couldn't colonize the planet anymore so I had to decline the quest. I noticed something like this in the past with the "terraform a planet" quests, where the race would sometimes offer a new quest before you could finish the original one.

CaptainWinky
08-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Ran into the problem with the quest not giving me the system name for the planet to be colonized in the 1.019 beta patch. Previously, the game gave me the wrong system. This time it gave no system name at all. I found the planet by accident, still have the colony module equipped, and the quest hasn't been marked as failed, but I can't colonize it for whatever reason.

I don't have problems with these quests all of the time...in a previous sector today Drakk-Cortex Hybrids gave me a resurrection quest and all the planet/system information was accurate and I was able to colonize the planet right away.

Tuidjy
08-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Whenever you load an old sector with a new patch, expect that system and planet names will get messed up.

I usually win my sectors with the old patch, save, patch, load the old sector, and claim victory, so that the new sector is clean.

CaptainWinky
08-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Yeah I've seen oddities with old sectors before, but this is a sector I started after installing the patch.

CaptainWinky
08-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Since the last problem I had, I was able to colonize a couple of planets to resurrect new races and had no problems. In the sector I started a couple hours ago, I had another problem. The starting system contained Lithosoid and eventually the Asexual subrace. Asexuals gave me a race resurrection quest. When it came to the colonization part, they gave me the wrong system name again. What made this situation different is the fact that I had already seen a planet with that name--one of Lithosoid's starting planets, which Lith still occupies. There's no way I can actually colonize it. I know that there can sometimes be more than one planet in a sector with the same name, so I've been exploring each system thoroughly, but I haven't found any other planets that they could have possibly wanted me to colonize.