PDA

View Full Version : [Balance] Races reactions to the player solving a quest

Tuidjy
08-06-2013, 09:43 PM
I do not know whether this is a bug, or a feature, but I have noticed some rather strange reactions to quests being turned in.

An example, from my latest game:

I'm in a full four way alliance with Scavenger, Fringe and Lithosoid. (what else is new)
All relations are at 100%. (We've been fighting everyone for a while)
I accept and solve a "Deliver Captured Renegate" quest. (From Fringe, to Scavenger)
Lithosoid gets upset at Fringe (a 1.8 drop in relations)

Seriously, what is going on? It's a quest that is strengthening the alliance, Lithosoid loves everyone involved, but takes offense at Fringe...

In a earlier game, I have delayed turning quests in until I had built a full alliance, as not to have races react until they loved everyone concerned. At the time I turned maybe 15-20 quests at once, everyone involved was at relations at least 90%. Once I had finished turning in the quests, most relations were below 80%, with one at 72%. I had to use rumors and donations to keep the alliance from falling apart.

Are races supposed to hate their own allies because they hire mercenaries to further the interests of the alliance?

Shadow
08-07-2013, 01:32 PM
That should be making them happier. I'll look at it.

Shadow
08-07-2013, 02:16 PM
I can't reproduce this so far. There is some amount of jealousy built in when you work for another race, but for allies it should be very small.

Tuidjy
08-08-2013, 03:59 PM
I am sure that I will end up in a similar alliance soon enough. I'll make a copy of the four character files, before I turn in any quests, and get them to you if you want to take a look at what happens if you claim the rewards all at once.

------------

So, I have a save in which a Drox/Drakk/Human alliance has conquered the sector.
Human relations are 83.2 towards me and 87.8 towards Drakk.
Drakk relations are 96.8 towards me and 85.1 towards Human.
I turn in 16 quests to Human and 23 to Drakk.
Human and Drakk relations to me rise to the maximum.
Drakk relations towards Human drop by 3.3 and Human relations towards Drakk drop by 5.0.

There's something going on. Would you like me to e-mail you the save, Shadow?