PDA

View Full Version : Rarity and Quality Chances

APXEOLOG
08-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Hello, i've got some question about modding.

First of all - how exactly rarity chances table works? I saw similar thread with this answer
If you are talking about the ItemNormalChance type of things, here's basically how it works: it tries the first rarity chance, if it fails it uses the last rarity that passed the check, and if it passes it continues on to the next rarity.

But this information doesnt seems to be full. What number is used in the computations? Is it cumulative? What's the order of checks? Etc.
For example this values make 99% of my items Legendary and 1% common for some reasons.
ItemNormalChance 50
ItemCommonChance 50
ItemUncommonChance 1000
ItemRareChance 1000
ItemVeryRareChance 1000
ItemSetChance 1000
ItemUniqueChance 1000
ItemArtifactChance 1000
ItemLegendaryChance 1000

Second my question is about quality. As i see only common and rare items have quality modifiers, can i add them to all items?

Shadow
08-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Your tweaked find chance also boosts this.

APXEOLOG
08-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Hm, ok, i understand how chance system works. But i still cannot see where Quality can be tweaked.

Shadow
08-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Hm, ok, i understand how chance system works. But i still cannot see where Quality can be tweaked.

I believe all the components can have different qualities, but the higher end ones don't mention it right now.

APXEOLOG
08-26-2013, 01:21 PM
I believe all the components can have different qualities, but the higher end ones don't mention it right now.

I don't think so. Me and my friends played lots of time and we never get any quality items with rarity > Rare

Also i checked it when increased legendary loot and no items from 100 had quality.

EDIT: Or what do you mean under 'don't mention'. I'm not a native eng speaker so i may misunderstand smth.

Shadow
08-26-2013, 02:34 PM
I meant that the quality stuff might be getting used, but on components that are higher than rare if might not add the quality to the name of the component. So it might be there, it's just not labeling it correctly.

APXEOLOG
08-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Ah, i see then. But what about chances?
The only thing i found is

QualityTerrible Cheap
QualityPoor Budget
QualityGood Superior
QualityExcellent Excellent

in BaseComponent (baseItems.gdb)

Shadow
08-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Each quality version of a component has the same spawn chance as the normal version. They are at a different level though.